It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Powers Proved Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Psychic Powers Proved Real?

So check this out.
I just read some very interesting articles on this.

www.realitysandwich.com...

www.psychologytoday.com...

Dr. Bem, a social psychologist at Cornell University, conducted a series of studies that will soon be published in one of the most prestigious psychology journals (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology). Across nine experiments, Bem examined the idea that our brain has the ability to not only reflect on past experiences, but also anticipate future experiences. This ability for the brain to "see into the future" is often referred to as psi phenomena.

Rumors of psychic abilities have steadily been bleeding in from the fringes and into the mainstream culture for the past century. From Princeton’s Engineering Anomalies Research laboratories, to government funded remote viewing projects at Stamford Research Institute, to the models of Campbell, Sheldrake, Wolf, and Radin to name a few, science (“the religion of the west”) is under pressure, now more than ever, to address the problem of consciousness—the measurer of all measurements.

So if we accept that these psi phenomena are real, how then can we explain them without throwing out our entire understanding of time and physics? Well, the truth is that these effects are actually pretty consistent with modern physics' take on time and space. For example, Einstein believed that the mere act of observing something here could affect something there, a phenomenon he called "spooky action at a distance."

I am a strong believer that our mind is capable of extraordinary abilities. I believe that in the next decade, we will see amazing scientific breakthroughs in the study of our mind, brain, and psychic capabilities.

The studies of ESP and PSI are fascinating to me and I'm always looking to expand my mind and open new doors.

Wouldn't that be amazing if we could develop a greater understanding of our minds capabilities? We could then develop the art of telepathy and communicating internally. Imagine that. A world where people are actually taking time to practice their psychic abilities. I say give it a decade or two and we'll see some incredible advancements take place.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Man that's crazy, but people weren't meant to use their mind's like that, it will never happen without possibly a device or something used to help us do it. You can't change what we weren't meant to do.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WireFoXX

I think we ARE meant to use our minds like that.
I think many people have tapped into some areas of the mind like that already. To me it is sort of an evolutionary step to a more intelligent and understanding lifestyle as humans.

I think of it as Humans 2.0 hahah. Our operating system is being updated and we are the ones who are updating it.
edit on 16-11-2010 by pinealexplorer because: ARE bold

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WireFoXX
Man that's crazy, but people weren't meant to use their mind's like that, it will never happen without possibly a device or something used to help us do it. You can't change what we weren't meant to do.

The whole idea here is that he has proven the brain can do these things.. which would mean it was intended.
Sure, we can't "change what we weren't meant to do".. we can only learn more about what it CAN do (like this article).
edit on 16-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Interesting, I do beleive that psychic powers are real, but the big question is does it come from the brain, they cannot answer that question, it may very well be non local, there is evedence that these powers come from without. Since they have no idea what it really is and cannot prove or disprove it with hard science it is still speculation that is coming from the brain.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

anything is possible

dont forget that.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What we're meant to do?? Intresting!
This is nothing new really. There is an obvious reason why Psychic abilitys have not been pushed. Just hink what Einstein said. If we see it we can create it. Just think of the possibilities and the way people could design their destinies.
Government control would deminish and people would be free.... Or potentia;; more corrupt!
And maybe if we could see into the future maybe someone could tell me whether ill be better at spelling new year lol....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think we are being dumb down through technology. Take your grandparents for instance. They added in their head. Now we use a calculator to add. We are becoming too lazy to think. I think Adam used 100% of his brain, that’s how he could name all the animals, talk to God directly etc. We use only a small part of our brain capacity. Just imagine if we could train the brain to work at 100%. Mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Interesting, I do beleive that psychic powers are real, but the big question is does it come from the brain, they cannot answer that question, it may very well be non local, there is evedence that these powers come from without. Since they have no idea what it really is and cannot prove or disprove it with hard science it is still speculation that is coming from the brain.

Well, logically speaking, the Brain as being the cause, is really amongst the most Scientific and logical answers, for the time being. After all, the brain is one huge electrical network that sends and recieves impulses constantly.
It is only logical to assume that in some people, this sending and recieving of signals works alittle differently and more "tuned".

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Umm great thread , I should know I made the same one some time ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightfury
I think we are being dumb down through technology. Take your grandparents for instance. They added in their head. Now we use a calculator to add. We are becoming too lazy to think. I think Adam used 100% of his brain, that’s how he could name all the animals, talk to God directly etc. We use only a small part of our brain capacity. Just imagine if we could train the brain to work at 100%. Mind boggling.

Your brain does work at 100% just not all at once, it would defeat the purpose of the brain if all areas were activated at once.

If your brain was 100% active at all times it would be overload. Much like if you were to load your house up hundreds of TV's watching every possible channel at once, meanwhile listening to every possible radio station at once, while smelling every type of smell at once, and tasting all tastes at once...Its too much to process in a practical and meaningful manner. The brain HAS to work locally on information to process it.

I do agree though that the human brain is capable of much more than we give credit to and we take for granted. The ability to recall past information and compare it with current information creates pattern recognition which is technically a type of "prediction" or psychic ability within itself.

If these already existent traits of the human brain were enhanced and honed as a skill the degree of successful predictions based on past and present information analysis and pattern recognition could be increased significantly.

If there is one undeniable part of the "nature of existence" it is that most everything is cyclical or part of a "pattern" recognizing the pattern is impossible without contrasting past and present experiences and "flagging" the common denominator or common "themes" between the two.

I honestly thought everyone knew this already...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Umm great thread , I should know I made the same one some time ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Eh, it's kinda similar, but this one is updated and the articles hold more information.
Lets think of it as a collaboration.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openmike

Government control would deminish and people would be free....

TPTB's worst fear.

The NWO will only last temporarily as I believe people will begin to waken even faster once they realize they're living in a caged society. Not only will it fail because world economic policies via a strong central government are doomed for failure, but because our "junk DNA" will begin to activate in accordance to the "new" sun or the new, lighter particles it will emit. (curious that a strange "object" has just been found that was emitted from the center of the Milky Way which'll be aligned with the sun and the earth come 2012) These particles will activate our DNA, reprogram our nature and understanding which'll allow for "psychic" abilities. FUN!

Think the TV show "Heroes" was pulled out of thin air?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The interesting thing is that practicing meditation/yoga, believing in psi phenomena, or believing one has experienced psi phenomena were in no way predicative of the results. The only variable tested that was significant was sensation-seeking.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You do not have to rely upon the pronouncements of academic concerning paranormal powers - views that never settle the issue. You can examine for yourself paranormal observations of things that are unique in parapsychology because science knew nothing about them at the time a century ago, eliminating the possibility of cheating in principle. These observations were found many decades later to be consistent both quantitatively and qualitatively with facts of nuclear and particle physics, as well as with ideas of superstring theory, to such a remarkable degree that none of the conventional explanations for ESP (e.g., cheating and guessing) are relevant or plausible.

If you want incontestable proof that remote viewing of microscopic objects is possible, visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
and study the evidence discussed there that has only one possible explanation, namely, that this faculty is genuine.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
When we were created we were dumbed down from the original ET's. We don't use our mind to its fullest, our strength compared to other mammals and our missing 2 chromosomes. The people that can tap more into their mind were meant to, you can't learn it. Unless the creators come back to somehow unlock our potential we will never use our minds to it's full potential.

Think of it like religion. Almost all of them have a superior, human like person they worship. There is no true god, it is an image man created for our makers... the ET's who created us. We cannot be like them and they are watching us, all we can do is sit and wait their return. The Bible is the true history book of the ET's, just very misinterpreted by man who cannot come to grasp that they are not ultimate.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Actually, from what ancient texts say themselves, the ET's chose to "work" on the original humanoid beings living on this Planet, because of their intelligence, and therefore upgraded them further.

However, the "gods" deliberately held back certain abilities, such as the longevity of the Creators.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
excellent post...

how odd that these phenomenoms were around for a long time, but we're only suppose to except them once academia says its so
, sorry for the anger... I just don't much care for the current education system...
edit on 11/16/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Of course they have been with us, important for survival, as we see in animals similar things.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Well you can't blame people for waiting for a proper scientific study considering that the history of parapsychology is riddled with falsified data and lies. Even the most respected of parapsychologists, J.B. Rhine, has been shown to have falsified and cherry picked his data.

top topics

join