It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West coasters--So we don't have any UFO confusion today--The following is an e-mail I just recieved

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just recieved this from one of my astronomer friends, and it is pretty important imho, as I GUARANTEE there are going to be many folks who are going to be jumping up and down saying they just saw the biggest UFO ever.

Hopefully everyone will take note of this and keep this at the top for a few so we dont have a rash of threads and confusion:

"This evening the International Space Station (ISS) will be visible (as a bright light) crossing directly overhead from NW to SE, starting at 5:07pm, for about 5 minutes. At that time, just barely after sunset, there will only be 2 other objects visible in the sky, the moon and the planet Jupiter, both high up in the SW. They will be near each other and the ISS should pass close by them, making an brief conjunction of the 3 brightest objects all in the same small area. You should be able to see this from anywhere in Southern California."
edit on 16-11-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: Typo

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I assume this is 5:07 PST? I would also assume any area similar longitudinally to SoCo would be able to view it within that time window. If so, i'll keep my eyes peeled tonight for the event, thanks for the info!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes, PST.

Should make for an awesome show.

Just want to make sure we don't have 5 dozen threads popping up here confusing it for "final disclosure".

haha

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A handy dandy lil app for knowing when you can see the ISS and other spacecraft.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
One last bump before I head off to work---Hopefully people are paying attention to this, so we don't have a melee here.

Going to be a heck of a show.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ha, I don't buy it. Your "friend" is prolly part of tptb....and just using you to spread disinfo. The alien ship flying over tonight is just that, an alien ship. Calling it the ISS in advance is genious.

The debunkers these days know no bounds, they are even trying to debunk in advance now!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I work at Ontario airport I'll keep eye on sky,but only problem is that it doesn't get dark till around 5:30 or 6 so hope it's really bright

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Here is another tracking program. You can choose all sorts of satellites.
Enjoy:

Real Time Satellite Tracking

73's,
Tom

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cool I'm going to film this with my camera/tripod tonight.

I'll try to use my DroidX application that tracks the I.S.S. I'll even use the Google Sky maps application to show the other two celestial objects in the sky.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm just north of San Diego in Temecula, I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberspy

Thanks for that site!

I'm in Indianapolis. Last night, (about 6:10PM) I saw a large meteor go from east to west and break up into 3 or 4 pieces somewhere near or past the airport.

Quite a coincidence, looking at the chart from your link.

ETA:
reply to post by tomdham

I see it was a Leonid, (from your link) they're peaking tomorrow.

LEONID METEOR SHOWER: The annual Leonid meteor shower peaks this year on Nov. 17th when Earth passes through a thicket of debris from Comet Tempel-Tuttle. Earth is expected to miss the densest swarms of comet dust, making this an off-year for Leonids with a maximum of only 20 meteors per hour. The best time to look is during the dark hours before sunrise on Wednesday.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Dogdish because: added info

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
East to west? Most, if not all man made satellites go from west to east. Has to do with the earth's rotation giving rockets an extra "kick" as they ascend to orbit. If what you saw was going from east to west. Then it was most likely a meteor.
Nice sighting.

I've only seen a few of those outside of a regularly known showers.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: Spelling and grammer. Oops

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
4:50 pm here and its still really bright out.. I can see the moon but not Jupiter yet. I think it's too bright out even to see it from So Cal.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
spaceweather.com...
is another site for
tracking sats

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Moon and Jupiter clearly visible.
Going out now to see if we can find ISS.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Right on time and at least as bright a Jupiter at it's peak.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yes it was...and hauling ass.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I saw it! Was moving very fast, had my camera ready but alas, no pic

That was cool.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Missed it... Sadly.

Maybe another time I will get to see it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

Just saw it. Beautiful sight!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join