It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State warning to TSA: Stop breaking the law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

State warning to TSA: Stop breaking the law

www.wnd.com

New Jersey state lawmakers today demanded that Congress review the Transportation Security Administration's new "enhanced" security screening of airline passengers that involves either an X-ray scan revealing a virtually nude image or a full-body pat-down that touches private parts.

And just as state Sen. Michael Doherty and others in Trenton announced resolutions calling on Congress to review the TSA procedures and complaints from travelers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well now we see this as a wedge between fed and state laws...

So now we have the following as it relates to a difference in opinion between Fed and State

1. TSA molestations
2. Immigration & Border patrol
3. Medical Marijuana
4. Gay Marriage

When will this end? If the Tea party really wanted to pick up steam, they'd endorse the last two there as well as the first two.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
So now we have the following as it relates to a difference in opinion between Fed and State

1. TSA molestations
2. Immigration & Border patrol
3. Medical Marijuana
4. Gay Marriage

And the Federal Government is wrong on all four.

The State Governments need to stand up for their rights and their people and threaten secession if the Federal Government does not cease this tyrannical overstepping of their boundaries.

This country needs to become a union again; a union where each state is equally represented and possesses equal power to collectively hold together national law. Having an entity which can intrude on and destroy state law with no regard whatsoever for the state's people's best interest or how they want their government managed is NOT the most sound or logical form of government.

This needs to stop or one of two things needs to happen to make it stop: secession or revolt.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

You are so right...

There are some who believe a Union is a group that all has the same values...

And this is true at a very abstract and general level as long as those values are "liberty for all".

The only value I require my neighbor to have, is the value of liberty for all... other than that I could care less what they believed.

A group of folks who think like that... now THAT is a UNION...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am so very glad that the TSA policies are being rebuked from so many different organizations and people. A small flicker of light growing in an ever growing tunnel of darkness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

That time is coming and I for one welcome it with open arms. The people are starting to realize what is actually going on around this place and they are starting to get mad, and rightfully so. This overcomplication of laws and rules is fixing to boil over the top of the pot and someone will deffinately get burned.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What would be funny would be for some state to have the state police wait near the TSA checkpoints in airports and just arrest the TSA agents for child molestation or whatnot every time they get a bit frisky with the pat-downs.

It wouldn't take but once or twice and their attitude would change permanently. A nice public trial with a few TSA guys tagged permanently as sex offenders and popped away for 5 years in the state pen and that s--t would stop, muy pronto.

I'm not sure where it says that TSA/DHS is immune to prosecution for breaking state law. I know that most cops like to think they can't be held personally accountable for their actions on the job due to "limited immunity", but there's nothing like a little enlightened self-interest i.e. "if I stick my paw down this kid's crotch I'm going to be hauled out of here at gunpoint by the FHP, DHS agent or no" to make them think twice.

Also, apparently Janet Napolitano isn't "getting it" - yes, dear, your service and your policies exist at the whim of the President. We understand that. And you are becoming nearly as unpopular as Ms Pelosi. That unpopularity is inextricably coupled to President Obama and the Democratic party. Or it will undoubtedly become so, quite soon. I'm sure you can expect you and your "let them eat cake" statements to shortly be the focus of explanations of "why Democrats shouldn't be in power". You're not helping yourself, Obama, or the Democrats, because you're becoming universally detested.

But go ahead, Jan. Keep it up. Make a few more of those "If you don't like it, you can always walk" statements to the media. Real Soon Now you're going to start attracting the public backlash not only to yourself, but to your party. You guys just got handed a wake up call, but you should just ignore that, Jan, because you are the freakin' QUEEN of DHS, right? So let's watch you do the Marie Antoinette thing and wave your hand of dismissal at the hoi-polloi. Ok. That's a GREAT idea. You can either become a nice boat anchor for the Democrats in 2012, or maybe they'll wise up first and toss you under the bus with great fanfare.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
People need to start whipping some TSA butt! This is pure harassment, sexual, physical, emotional harassment.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I just don't understand this one... who at TSA thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

That group of people should be forced to find new employment or at the very least a new role.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

It's pretty simple my friend, they have been implementing all these things in stages since 9/11, they will in fact keep pushing and pushing until people start pushing back.

What we have done in the aftermath of 9/11 is add a very lucrative and profitible Security Industrial Complex, to go along with the very profitible Military Industrial Complex, and to feed into the very profitible Prison Industrial Complex.

Add a strong authoritarian leader and you have the four classic pillars of the Fascist State System.

A strong military to project force, a strong security apparatus at home to keep people timid and submitting, and a strong prison industrial complex that supports the security and military industrial complex with goods and services.

That America has allowed all this to happen for some foggy notion of a 'greater good' is frankly bizarre, and if it weren't for the religious connotations of being 'taken over by Islam' that appeals to the sentiments of many Christian and Jewish Americans, I doubt that they could have gotten away with most of this stuff.

I stopped flying after 9/11, I won't degrade myself in that fashion, or be treated like a criminal for purchasing a legal service.

Now they have finally run into some push back, so it remains to be seen whether they will try to somehow frighten Americans into continuing to accept this or whether they will start to reverse course.

There are billions of dollars in corporate profits on the line in pushing all this technology so there is a lot more at stake to some people beyond America's security, and American's rights.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So... do rapists and murderers get ``warnings`` too? I mean... the state say... stop murdering people or we're going to do something about it...

Seriously what kind of unconstitutional BS is that? ALL EQUAL UNDER THE LAW is supposed to be the law.

I guess the state-backed child molesters are above the law now?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
IF I ever fly again, and that's a MIGHTY big "IF", I think I'll do a little reverse psychology and start pretending to "Get into it". I'll be like: "Oh yeah, big boy, THAT'S the spot! Oh yeah! A little to the left...no, more...more left...BINGO!"

"I've had better....but, not many."

Sounds good in writing, but, I'm pretty obviously hetero, so, I don't know if I could pull it off.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Still...simple fact of the matter is that if you want to set foot on an airliner, you're going to shut up and do as you're told. Either that...or you don't fly.

I'm flying into the States next week. I'm pretty much resigned to the process at some point because...I'm flying into the States next week.

Not much room for debate.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Where do you draw the line?

Bend over, big guy.....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know what's crazy?

In jail, child molesters get beaten up and KILLED by other prisoners for being such lowlife scum.

In the ``free world``, they get TSA jobs.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Where do you draw the line?

Bend over, big guy.....

Well, there is a bunch of hyperbole going on here...this is not organised sexual assault happening, but the fact of the matter is that if one finds the process too intrusive...one doesn't fly. That creates economic fall-out in and of itself as airlines are already struggling and certainly tourist destinations don't want to hear that onerous security measures will be adding to their woes.

If I don't like the way I'm treated, well, I certainly won't fly into the US again.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So... do rapists and murderers get ``warnings`` too? I mean... the state say... stop murdering people or we're going to do something about it...

Seriously what kind of unconstitutional BS is that? ALL EQUAL UNDER THE LAW is supposed to be the law.

I guess the state-backed child molesters are above the law now?

According to the Fed is worse than that..

By all world standards the new Israeli settlements are illegal.
So what does the US do??
Offer them $3 billion worth of jets to stop this ILLEGAL action for 90 days only...
Ohh plus as an added incentive, the US will shield Israel from international critisism for an untold period...

So that is what the Fed thinks of illegal actions......Basically, we are screwed!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well since you dont mind it, we can leave it so that non American citizens can still have the pleasure of having their genitals touched and/or a nudie pic when they fly into the country. We dont want to deprive you of anything you find enjoyable.

But the citizens here shouldnt have to tolerate it. I personally dont think any one should, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The federal government, the TSA, doesn't care about the airline industry. Personally, I don't believe they care at all about safety, just power.
They are reaching into toddler's diapers. Do you think that THEY think there is a bomb there?
It is all about power and control
When they destroy the airlines, they will own the airlines on the cheap. They, the federal government, is not "us".
People need to get that in their heads. TSA agents are nothing more than hired thugs, mindless thugs in many cases.
It needs to stop, THEY need to be stopped because they will not stop here.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Cuhail

Still...simple fact of the matter is that if you want to set foot on an airliner, you're going to shut up and do as you're told. Either that...or you don't fly.

I haven't flown commercially since 1981. So, it hardly affects me.

I'm flying into the States next week. I'm pretty much resigned to the process at some point because...I'm flying into the States next week.

Not much room for debate.

Yes there is. Charter a private flight in a small plane out of a small private airport and land in a small private airport. (They DO have those in Canada, eh? They have them all over in The States.)

Or drive.

Just saying
Cuhail

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join