It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians Revolt - They claim that the UN brought on the Chlorea outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sadly this news article is from CNN - but even this article contains the information that the Haitians are acting up because a "rumor" was started they say a small contingent of UN peacekeepers intentionally brought it on to the populace.

Haitians Revolt
edit on 16-11-2010 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is really bad news. The news article said that trash trucks are picking up the bodies from the streets.

Surely there will be attempts to educate the people about the cause of the outbreak, and maybe some funding could be provided for water treatment facilities. But at some point there has to be some personal accountability.
Surely they can boil the water before they drink it.

I guess it is just human nature, in some ways, to want to blame someone else.
edit on 11/16/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Good report from the BBC

Some Haitians have accused peacekeepers from Nepal of introducing cholera to Haiti for the first time in a centuary.

The UN says it has found no evidence to justify the accusation, but the cholera strain matches a South Asian one.

edit on 16-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's sad, but what are we to expect from these backwards people. They don't want to take responsibility for either there success or failures. But give them a voodoo doll and watch them dance around it.
Nature has a way with thinning the herd.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEREFORD 1969
Good report from the BBC

Some Haitians have accused peacekeepers from Nepal of introducing cholera to Haiti for the first time in a centuary.
The UN says it has found no evidence to justify the accusation, but the cholera strain matches a South Asian one.

edit on 16-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

OK, now wait a minute.
The UN (if I can believe these people) claim that the strain is an Asian one? As in what? Chinese?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Would make sense if they are claiming UN workers from Nepal brought it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Not workers but Nepalese peacekeeping troops.Something that the Nepalese government is denying.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
From a dream I had (and logged) on July 11

On the island, the fabric of civilization had broken down. Babies were left alone, sick and dying. I'd call this the 'disease and petulance' part of my dream because that's all I saw, everywhere. People wanted to get back on the boat but we all knew that it would only follow us. Con men were trying to trade literal feces that looked like clay to people AS some sort of healing clay. There was no drinking water. Women, children - all dying if not being exploited. It was a horrid situation. I asked, why is there no drinking water? and I was told "Because so many brown people were never taught things that mattered to their survival, and no one wants to teach them now. Christian, Christian, Christian, they need help." (that's close to my name, but that's what I heard) There was no power really. Only the cruise ships had power. (I think that's symbolic of something...) I woke up thinking that I've GOT to teach my child to build a fire and boil water, and make sure we have JUGS of bleach and matches on hand.

I believe this dream was related to Haiti. I'm not sure, but I think the clay might be Kaolin that people might be using since there's a lot of it there. I think Haiti is a big source of it? Could they be trying to use it for a folk cure (like kaopectate) and it is also contaminated?

I shouldn't put so much faith in dreams but this has bothered me, because I can't do anything to help them.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
After not having cholera for a century an asian strain shows up?
DUH
According to an american doctor I heard interviewed on the radio that introduction is the MOST likely cause of the disease on that local.
Though I would have though AL CIA DUH would have been the likely culprit.

The cholera bacterium is usually found in water or food sources that have been contaminated by feces (poop) from a person infected with cholera.

www.medicinenet.com...

the disease came from somewhere not nowhere.
Just like hatian AIDS did

Id say the problem is some people can't accept the reality that there is a massive murder campaign going on in the world...

I mean they killed a quarter billion people easy last century...that would be hard to spot

edit on 17-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
B/c of my dream, I think it was intentional too.
A Haitian on another thread said Asian workers dumped feces where they knew people drank from, far from the earthquake area.

I wish more Haitians could speak out, so we know what's being said directly from them.

new topics

top topics

join