It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reports possible missile over New York but it's really RODs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's the clip they showed on Fox News that said it might be a missile. LOL A hundred foot missile without a contrail behind it, I don't think so!

www.project.nsearch.com...

When I saw it, I recognized it as something I studied a long time ago called RODs or "Roswell Rods". There used to be a huge website called roswellrods.com about these things but it's not coming up anymore.

If you're not familiar with RODs, here's a little video I found that has some really great footage of them. They are really strange and have these little wings sticking out the side of them.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't tell me that these are artifacts of the video camera. LOL RODs are very real phenomenon and there is an amazing amount of evidence out there for them. I haven't even looked at them for years until I saw this Fox News clip. Let me know what you think and please list some more good evidence for RODs because I've been out of the loop now for a while about them. I was shocked to see that the roswell rods site was down but maybe some of you are actively studying these Roswell Rods.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

Weird. I am from Albany. (S&F)
Still a little perplexing because I know that most "rods" have been de-bunked as a peculiar illusionary trick, occurrence or phenomena that occurs when filming bugs.

Doesn't mean this is a rod. It could be something other than a bug or a bird caught in flight.
Looks like a barracuda, however think we can safely rule that out.

I will try to find the link and return...
Here is one explanation or a rod but like I say this thing in the video seems way too big to be a rod.
It could be a duck?

a videographic artifact based on the frame capture rate of the videocam versus the wingbeat frequency of the insects. Essentially what you see is several wingbeat cycles of the insect on each frame of the video, creating the illusion of a "rod" with bulges along its length. The blurred body of the insect as it moves forward forms the "rod," and the oscillation of the wings up and down form the bulges. Anyone with a video camera can duplicate the effect, if you shoot enough footage of flying insects from the right distance.*
www.skepdic.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

what exactly are rods? are they a living thing i know they travel at lightning speed, but just dont know what they are are they terrestrial or from space? what are your theorys?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

if that thing was a bug...100ft long bug? then we have some serious insect problems lol these things travel way too fast to be bugs anyways so that theory is (as far as im concerned) a load of crap

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm from the area also and lived near the airport a year ago. I had heard about this before but no one around here ever talks about it. On a side note I had seen ufo's within a mile of the airport a few years ago in daylight, that was a very strange incident that I will never forget.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Use the internet archive "wayback" site. It's all right here:

web.archive.org...

Just type in the url in their search field and the old webpages are listed, oldest to newest.

Edit: fixed link
edit on 11/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
they just wanna make jokes out of this missle stuff...

they know thats no missle...it a part of making a laugh out of all believers of the cal missle

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by rusethorcain

if that thing was a bug...100ft long bug? then we have some serious insect problems lol these things travel way too fast to be bugs anyways so that theory is (as far as im concerned) a load of crap

I am telling you what a "rod" is, not what that thing is.
I don't know what that thing is.

edit on 16-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
'Rods' have been comprehensively debunked, many times over. They're generally moths, but other flying bugs can appear rodlike aswell under the right conditions. Bugs flying by, close to a camera with a low framerate produce an elongated effect, making it seem rod - like.

You're welcome.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I didn't realize that people still believed in RODS, since "RODS" looks absolutely identical to a bug flying in front of a camera.

Sounds like a question on a mental examination:

RODS=

A - are mere tricks of light which result from how images (primarily video images) of flying insects are recorded and played back. In particular, the fast passage before the camera of an insect flapping its wings has been shown to produce rodlike effects, due to motion blur, if the camera is shooting with relatively long exposure times.

B - They are 100 foot long (or more) flying extra-dimensional mega bugs zipping around our sky's for no apparent reason except that it is the cool thing to do.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've studied RODs for a long time and believe me they were NEVER debunked as just being bugs. Some shills might have said they were debunked so you wouldn't dig deeper but they were not debunked. Have you seen all the videos and photos of these things? Like I said in my post there was a massive website about them that I used to look at called www.roswellrods.com but for some reason it's not coming up anymore. Make sure you check out the other short video that shows a lot of these RODs. I don't know what they are, but from the evidence they are not bugs or camera tricks, that's for sure.

Here's another video some news channel did on RODs

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

You're welcome.

You're late.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Watch the video I posted.

Slow frame rate = 'Rod'.

Fast frame rate = Moth.

It's quite simple.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Come on guys, debunked, a moth? PLEASE!

You have to understand something here, people are paid a lot of money to debunk or put out disinfo. Moths don't fly at hundreds of miles per hour. Some RODs have been filmed at 1,000 mph! Ever seen a moth doing 1,000 mph! LOL

The videos and photos of REAL RODs look nothing like that stupid moth video that people are saying debunks all RODs. That's called a STRAW MAN and is a favorite technique of disinfo agents. YOu create some evidence that is NOT a ROD and then you say, "Oh look, it's a Moth! I've just debunked the thousands of videos of Rods!"

NOT!

True RODs come in all sizes and some are hundreds of feet long. Look at the footage of the cave jumpers and ask yourself could a moth fly down, fly around the base jumpers and then zip out of the frame! Of course not!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign

Watch the video I posted.

Slow frame rate = 'Rod'.

Fast frame rate = Moth.

It's quite simple.

Its never simple to deconstruct a belief that someone has given themselves into, no matter what proof you throw their way.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sorry but moths are not hundreds of feet long and they don't fly at hundreds of miles per hour or even 1,000 miles per hour as true RODs have been measured.

I don't fall for Straw Man debunking but thanks for your input. Your debunk video looks nothing like a ROD. LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mmmguinness

You said it.

To GlennCanady, show me a 'Rod' doing 1000mph, by all means and we'll see how you came to the conclusion that it was actually moving at that speed.

You do realise that objects that are close to a camera appear to be moving a lot faster than they actually are, yes?
I have my doubts whether a camera could even capture an object moving at that speed from relatively close up. It would need to have an extremely high frame rate.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm so confused, why is everyone convinced these so called "rods" have to be living. If it is a real thing why could it not be some sort of strange technology. There are many many different things this could be, 1000ft long bugs is probably not the answer but that doesn't make it fake or just a light trick.

I can't believe how quickly people just quickly jump on the bandwagon anymore. Aren't people on this site supposed to think for themselves?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So back to this website and the video in question....

It's hard for me to take that video seriously when a) they have that doom and gloom music in the background, and b) a related video next to it is titled "Faux News and Government Beat war drums".

They are promoting Fox News as fake...except in this instance...

And let's chill a bit with this government shill debunker thing...sometimes people really do believe things..no need to get all angry with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Use the internet archive "wayback" site. It's all right here:

web.archive.org...

Just type in the url in their search field and the old webpages are listed, oldest to newest.

Edit: fixed link
edit on 11/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: fixed link

Heads UP

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join