It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins Are Our Ancestors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
A russian group of scientists created a computer simulation in order to view how humans would evolve if they grew up in a water based environment. The result was something that looked exactly like a dolphin.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

Funny on CNN today it said "dolphins intelligence rival ours". I wonder what kind of work the military has them up to..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
sounds interesting.

Lets see a link to this so called simulation?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
They've been studying them in order to perfect sonic warfare.

mitpress.mit.edu...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I can't find anything on the internet. I read it in the in-flight magazine when I flew to Moscow from Toronto. Showed it to everyone I could find, never left my mind.

perhaps if someone speaks Russian, you could google the same terms I've tried:

scientists, computer simulation, dolphins, human evolution, water environment

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

It is a shame they are being slaved the same as humans.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Be more of a shame if they were trying to tell us not to mess up like they did, and we kept ignoring the message.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You know, in your short post it confirmed at least some things for me. When I was a kid, I would make regular trips to Sea World Ohio just to see the dolphins. Every time I got to the pool I got not only sick to my stomach, but was overwhelmed with an intense feeling of sadness. They would come up, grab the herring that the trainer provides you, and they would let you pet them for a second or two. When I touched and made contact with my first dolphin, I could just feel the sentience in the dolphin's eyes. I had been reading somewhere that there was a small activist group trying to bring scientific knowledge to the table to prove that dolphins are not only sentient, but that they deserve to be protected as a sentient species. Now if we could only learn their song and how to translate our speech into something dolphins could understand, I think we will have made our proverbial "First Contact."

It's a very interesting proposition indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Check out cymatics, the process of applying frequency to vibrate matter - it creates geometric patterns which they've now discovered, are the same sonar patterns made by dolphins.

cms.soundhealingnetwork.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
isn't there the theory of the aquatic ape or something like that?

hard to believe we came from 4 legged wort hog looking things, as in dolphin ancestors.

they are cetaceans, we are primates.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
No, I think it's more the idea that the human race, or something like us, existed millions of years earlier than we think, and then there was a flood, or a great deluge, (which almost every culture has a story for), so some of us took to the water & continued to evolve for that environment, while the small few of us that still had land to live off continued to evolve in a land based ecology.

edit on 16-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Maybe dolphin have evolved before us and have all ready gone into space. they could be to some aliens what neanderthal is to to us.

Maybe they evan built the stargate?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

A group of scientists where able to compute the random mutations and effects of natural selection on humans(if they were in the ocean) in order to show they would evolve like dolphins.

Does that mean they think we started out as sea monkeys?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
No joke, but I can think of a least twenty reasons why you might be right.
Not that they built an apollo ship or anything, but that the key to space travel, might be to control dimensional spaces with sound rather than depending on light & temperature variations to move distances.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
www.primitivism.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

2 links to my post.

i still doubt we are related to dolphins, although i had a girlfriend who...never mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
You know, in your short post it confirmed at least some things for me. When I was a kid, I would make regular trips to Sea World Ohio just to see the dolphins. Every time I got to the pool I got not only sick to my stomach, but was overwhelmed with an intense feeling of sadness. They would come up, grab the herring that the trainer provides you, and they would let you pet them for a second or two. When I touched and made contact with my first dolphin, I could just feel the sentience in the dolphin's eyes. I had been reading somewhere that there was a small activist group trying to bring scientific knowledge to the table to prove that dolphins are not only sentient, but that they deserve to be protected as a sentient species. Now if we could only learn their song and how to translate our speech into something dolphins could understand, I think we will have made our proverbial "First Contact."

It's a very interesting proposition indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Stories like this cause me to re-think the god damned sickening slaughter en mass of dolphins in the parts of the world I can only equate to hell, and it makes me both sick and sad.

whatever power or reason gave us control of this planet surely is evil in and of itself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Constantly smelled like tuna?

Or had a wonderful blow hole??

Comon!! You started it

Ahem....

I don't think we're strictly from the same evolutionary branch as dolphins, obviously (unless you are a die hard bible basher) we share a common ancestor at the dawn of time, but as dolphins and whales breath air, they must have returned to the sea after we both had left it.

So the simulation could very well be on the right track!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Badwolf: I hear you angel.

I think we're linked to these creatures more than we care to admit. And I do honestly think they're trying to tell us something.

One piece of good news, there are a lot of projects going on trying to interpret what it is they're actually saying.

Even Apple's got one going on:

www.apple.com...

Gosh I hope they get their work done on time.
edit on 16-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings

I think we're linked to these creatures more than we care to admit.

We are linked to ALL Life, geez what is it with guru's?? FFS everyone loves dolphins but most could not give a # about the 20 - 30 million innocent animals that are used and killed for product testing each year .. dolphins # to

boycott sea world and protest taiji but bugger off with ya new age crap, all creatures sing

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I carnt quite remember if the article I read was about dolphins or whales, but I remember reading a while back about a set of whales performing to onlookers one side of the world while around the other side of the world a set of whales all killed themselves in front of onlookers by beaching themselves, this occured at exactly the same time.

Could this just be coincidence or do you think they were trying to tell us something.

Sorry i carnt find any links to what I have written above.

Another interesting thing that has come to my mind while reading this article is the dolphin crop circles.

I liked the idea about the sound frequency s being used to open up inter dimensional spaces maby this is the message the circle makers were trying to get across to us with this crop circle.

The center of the crop circle could represent the world with the outer circles representing vibrations, the dolphins have the correct frequencies to cause this vibrations.

Just Speculating Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join