It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insanity VIrus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I know what u mean. The implications of this is HUGE. I hope that it all turns out to be true. Medications for the mentaly ill are horriably ineffective. The either don't work or they just put them into a catatonic state that they had rather not be in. My sister is bi-polar but she is also schizophrenic. Her illness makes her extreamlly violent and unpredictable but there is nothing that can be done right now. In georgia it is almost impossiable to commit someone for a long period of time and that is the only opion to keep her and others safe. Hopefully there will come a day when all she has to do is take a shot or a pill and all will be well. It messes with ur preception of judgment and acceptance when u wake up one night when you are fifteen with a butcher knife to your throat being accused of being a demon. I want her to be able to get to know the twins but as it is she never will because she has not been allowed around them yet and they are almost three. Hopefully this isn't another false hope that dissapoints those of us praying for our loved ones to beable to function in society once again.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by twinsmom

One thing I appreciate about it is that those illnesses often do alienate people from their families, because we do tend to believe behavior is under our control. Maybe these discoveries will help the people dealing with the mentally ill be a little more compassionate and less judgmental.

The attitude that all behavior is under the said person's control is not only unfair but I feel can seriously exacerbate the illness itself... or perhaps *add to* would be abetter choice of words... whereas in another environment the person may have been able to recover.

Thank god we are at least no longer in the era where mental illness was treated by priests wielding holy symbols... at least in most places. No doubt some behavior is annoying but some reactions to it are ridiculously closed minded.
edit on 16-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Not to digress with petty stuff but toxoplasmosis is a protozoan parasite.

Correct.

Clearly there is more to loopiness than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I personally believe that Insanity is caused when one loses touch with his/her zero point of origin. In a Stealth Bomber, for instance, the plane flies in a created "bubble," probably beamed via a Delta-T antenna system. The technology is probable onboard the plane by now, bee awhile since I became aware of this.
The pilot is within the bubble and out of touch with physical reality, so an artificial reality is created for him in the plane, with proper smells, white noise and such, this maintains the pilot's reality, and keeps him/her sane. Atmosphere Craft, commonly known as UFOs use the same principle, and that is where the military got the technology. Please take this as is, I cannot explain it it in full.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So if it turns out that mental disorders like Schizophrenia are actually caused by viruses, the whole cannabis and other drugs causing mental illness goes out of the window, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Not necessarily. They may lower the user's resistance to these parasites, or act as a kind of catalyst (see my earlier posts) to the process by which the parasites cause mental illness.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Schizophrenia is much like autism, in that it likely has several different causes. The symptoms used to describe the behavior is too wide reaching and vague. One can easily see that it's a catch all for severe mental illnesses which we haven't a clue as to the cause.

It seems likely that various pathogens are one factor towards some cases of schizophrenia, though I find it highly improbable to be the one, only cause. There are a wide range of other possible factors which should be considered, such as genetic polymorphisms, traumatic experiences, and even gastrointestinal health/diet.

We are, after all, super-organisms. We have billions of pathogens of all different types constantly interacting with each other, and yet their remains an apparatus which keeps us healthy, most of the time, in most individuals.

As for the toxoplasma, just drink a gallon of green tea for a couple of weeks and pop some high quality probiotics afterwords. It'll clear it up.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Here is part 1 of a 4 part series on YouTube. I am tired, don't wanna embed all four, so i will instead link you to part 1 and allow you to click through to part 4.

www.youtube.com...

In short, it is an autistic girl who does not talk and acts extremely "bad" (bad word choice, i know...tired, like i said). But one day she starts typing on the laptop, and it turns out she is brilliant, eloquent, and fully aware of her condition from an intellectualized standpoint. She explains why she does the "crazy" things she does.

Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. I have watched it several times, and checked in on her website.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks. I've seen video of another autistic who is pretty much in the same boat. I don't think I'd go as far as calling her brilliant, but she's certainly more intelligent than most would bother to realize from an initial observation.

I think some autistics are in a similar conundrum, but am wary to group all, or even the majority of those labeled with autism as being of similar intellectual capacities. I think some of them are truly intellectually impaired. What percentage? I haven't a clue. Still, videos like this go a long way for showing that judging a person by their surface appearance and behaviors is pretty foolish, imo.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow.
This is so insane.
Just reading this makes me feel crazy.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I just KNOW I'll be looked at as a total dork for this post, but I found it interesting. Back in 1996, Star Trek: Voyager aired an episode VERY similar to this called Flashback. Tuvok had inadvertently contracted a virus that masqueraded as a memory. That memory was passed from HOST-to-HOST without that person's knowledge and was transferred at the time of death. The memory was so invasive and terrible, that the host would block it out of his memory where the virus would thrive in seclusion. It became part of the host's DNA and memory engrams.

I know it's a stupid TV episode, but an interesting correlation. I totally believe that these things can remain dormant in a majority of us forever without the catalyst present needed to activate them. People carry the genes for anemia as well as color blindness and brown hair, without exhibiting any of these attributes. Why is a virus or disease ANY different? There is just TOO much we don't know about our genetic makeup. A vaccine would be pretty neat though.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Couldn't it be that the body deliberately stores viruses in the body as part of it's defense? Sort of like a database with previous harmful viruses that other bodies (our ancestors) have dealt with and because of this database the body is able to identify viruses and combat them, each generation passes a copy to the next so that generation doesn't have to fight it again. But sometimes it goes wrong and one of the viruses contained in the database awakens and starts wreaking havoc in the body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join