It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hole in the Milky Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Nasa announced finding a baby black hole in our galaxy. It has already consumed as much mass as Earth. If it was as close to us as our sun is... we would be gone. Here is the link Black Hole Finding. I found this very interesting, however is the reptilians take over the earth it might not matter, just kidding...
edit on 15-11-2010 by WireFoXX because: mispelling

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So what are you saying champ?

that we should pack our bags and get the hell out of here?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Socratic Method

Ha, no. I just found the finding interesting. I don't think it's a threat, just neat that it is so close compared to the rest. A way to study how they are formed and the deaths of stars. However I'm sure some people are going to say in 2012 the black hole is going to suck us all in.
edit on 15-11-2010 by WireFoXX because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WireFoXX

Unfortunately it's 50 million light years away, in a different galaxy. I was hoping the "exceptional object" would be a nearby black hole (say 100 light years) so we'd have a chance to really get some hard data about the phenomenon. There's not much that can be observed at 50 million light years, and it might actually be a neutron star, so I'm still safe being skeptical of black holes existing.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
luckily, if its a baby blackhole, theres a chance it could die out before it does any real cosmic damage.
recently a couple of swedish researches observed and proved that black holes emit hawking radiation, basically saying that the matter goes in, gets crushed, and turned into energy that annihilates itself, and releases this radiation, preserving the law that says matter cant be destroyed. got off topic sorta. so if its small enough, and the rate of emission is high enough, it could emit the energy faster than it can take in new fuel, so it COULD die out. same goes for a black hole from CERN experiments. it would evaporate instantly.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by james404

Yeah, maybe that wasn't the best link for the topic. These Bubbles are pretty scary though. It is still far away, but there can be a black hole in the milky way.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
In my opinion these are initial publications of what they already know about in astronomic circles.

In just a few years people will be able to witness stars disappearing from the sky with their naked eye. Finally the sun will darken and the moon too. Just like all the old prophecies say.

By then we will have reached the end of the end and the maze will come down .By that time I wish that everyone has truly widened their hearts and know what counts.

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance) is good.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone
I lke seeing everyones input on this

new topics

top topics

join