It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians Blame UN for Cholera Outbreak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
link

Protesters in Haiti, who blame United Nations troops for a cholera epidemic that has killed hundreds, have attacked peacekeepers with rocks in two cities.

Alright ATS, what do you think?

*Are the Haitians lashing out because everyone needs SOMEONE to blame?

or

*Is the UN really at fault here?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hell yeah

what a beautiful place to start a pandemic dont you think?

im surprised they havent done it earlier

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

well let me see didn't the Haitians have an earthquake recently that could have broken sewer lines and causing fecal matter to get into ground water? because that's how you get Cholera its fecal matter in your food or drink. And didn't we just help them out by giving them a ton of food and fresh water after that earth quake why didn't they get sick then? the only way they could have gotten it from us would be it we pumped our sewer lines into the ocean about less then a mile from their shore and then ran another pipe to their fresh water lol. No this is ungratefulness at its worst but what can you expect from people who robbed their own stores after the quake gabbing tvs and cigs and booze. And booze i can understand because it can be used to treat wounds but tvs? and cigs? I think they dont know how the sickness works or how you get it and blamed us for it. I would still send money for aid but they need an education on how Cholera works before they start pointing fingers

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think this is called 'biting the hand that feeds you'. How do you fix it? Remove the hand. A bit harsh on those who need help.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They're venting because the damage is so extensive it'll take an age to fix, and the majority of people can't do it themselves. Hence they feel powerless and need someone to blame. I'd wager the majority of people aren't educated and so wouldn't know basic science, that it's not the UN's fault.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
They're venting because the damage is so extensive it'll take an age to fix, and the majority of people can't do it themselves. Hence they feel powerless and need someone to blame. I'd wager the majority of people aren't educated and so wouldn't know basic science, that it's not the UN's fault.

I'd wager you are right. It would be frustrating to be in their situation, and combine that with little or no education all it would take is for one slightly demented but eloquent speaker to lay the blame at the feet of the UN and the people will believe it.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is still billions of US dollars in the coffers collected by charities for Haiti and now conditions there have worsened since their earthquake....

where is this money and why has'nt it been used to help these people to date?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

There is still billions of US dollars in the coffers collected by charities for Haiti and now conditions there have worsened since their earthquake....

where is this money and why has'nt it been used to help these people to date?
it has been used on medical supplies and food and water their government has the money and what do you think they are going to do with it? lol give it to the people. No they are going to pretend like they are doing something and really be doing nothing while hoarding the money for the higher ups in office. And when the people get sick they are going to blame the UN like what happened. Haiti is poor a billion dollars could turn that place into somewhat of a nice place a new sewer system would cost about 50 million then they could use 50 million to build houses and roads. with all that construction they would bring in new companies and tourist but i dont think that is going to happen

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

What medical supplies, food and water? LOL Even many of the tents are now in ruins and can no longer be used. The whole Haiti disaster and how it was and still continues to be, is an absolute disgrace and thats only putting it mildly.

Yes you are correct. Someones are making ALOT of money out of this disaster (plenty of Chinese whispers and mouth movements of politicians) and still nothing is being done. If these people were white caucasian the tune will sound differently.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
I think this is called 'biting the hand that feeds you'. How do you fix it? Remove the hand. A bit harsh on those who need help.
Yea they need help alright, when they ask for help all the supplies that are sent from other countries end up in warehouses and there they stay.We can send all the supplies on the world and if thy don't get to the people what good does it do?They don't have to drink dirty water they choose to because its a choice between that and water that has been poisoned by the U.N.They may not have access to the internet like we do but they have the sense to know whats going on,especially when it comes governments in their country and around the world.Oh yea they know who the hand belongs to.........

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is probably one of the more deluded things I've seen on ATS the last week or so, and I've seen some pretty F'd up things here.

What would the UN gain from poisoning the water supply? A dirty water supply at that. It seems that Cholera is very hard to transmit unless people are drinking from contaminated water supplies- contaminated with faeces and the like. Hey, guess what amgio? That's exactly what's happened in Haiti due to the lack of toilet facilities and the lack of running water.

I would suggest a good dose of reality for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
link

Protesters in Haiti, who blame United Nations troops for a cholera epidemic that has killed hundreds, have attacked peacekeepers with rocks in two cities.

Alright ATS, what do you think?

*Are the Haitians lashing out because everyone needs SOMEONE to blame?

or

*Is the UN really at fault here?

Let's say I have no access to Official Information, only to what I hear and see on the internet.

Are you familiar with Dr. Boyd Graves' lawsuits that claim AIDS was developed at Ft. Detrick Maryland?

Are you familiar with the flap over the H1N1 vaccine having been contaminated?

Are you familiar with the fact SARS only seems to affect Orientals?

Are you familiar with the fact that the Govt contracted scientists to go dig up the 1918 flu virus and work on it?

Okay, there are only four documentable facts which IMPLY that diseases are being developed to reduce population.

Cholera, smallpox and polio were defeated decades ago; how come they're back?

Are we stupid?

Shech--

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

There are billions sitting on the sidelines that have not been sent. Its being held up in congress. Of the initial amount sent to Haiti, 2 billion or more have not been properly accounted for. The senate is holding up release of the funds until a process can be put in place to ensure that the funds are not misappropriated. The Hatian government is resisting the implementation of that process.

This is yet another sad story where the sovergnity of a nation trumps humanitarian efforts. If a soverign does not wish to work within the confines of a protocol, either that established by another nation or by an international body such as the UN, they are making a choice.

Haiti has a long history of corrput officials who have raped their country and scooted off with billions while the lives of the people continued to worsen.

It is a vexing problem, messing with the internal affairs of another country that does not wish to effectively work with other nations is difficult. The situation in Darfur is no different. The carnage (not a formal solution, but the carnage) could be stopped in a month by either the UN or the African National Congress. Why don't they? Because in order to do that you have to essentially co-opt a soverign government.

Just no good solution to problems like this.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
One good idea is to avoid putting people into World Bank debt who are unlikely to be able to pay it off, with interest.

That's always a good approach, to only sell to buyers who can pay in cash. Usury violates Holy Law, so
why get into it?

Shech--

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shechaiyah

Its more complicated than that. If a government is so corrupt that they loot their own nations and push people into abject poverty, the world feels a need to provide assistance, which typically comes in the form of loans from the World Bank or the IMF. Those funds can either be given as loans, with some marginal hope of repayment or in the form of an outright gift. In either way, if the government is corrupt the money will be stolen. In this sense, I'm thinking about the Haiti's and Sudans of the world, not countrys like Portugal who also receive large amounts of IMF and World Bank aid. I focusing on the disasters.

Now confronted with a humanitarian disaster, what is the responsibility of the world? I think that is the question. Does the world sit back and not send in aid, knowing that it will be taken, as has been done in Africa for decades or does it send in aid under the notion that they can put some reasonable constraints on who will spend the money and how it will be spent. International aid organizations have gotten much smarter about how to do that, but massive amounts of aids continue to be robbed..

The only way to effectively solve problems like the one that current exists in Haiti and has existed in Haiti since Papa Doc and his family looted the nation blind is to send in an international force and essentially take over the country, tossing the corrupt government out.

That raises significant issues about accountability, responsibility both in terms of who initiates and manages the process, but on the aftermath as well. Under what right do nations feel that they can take over a soverign nation by force and by what right do the citizens of a country with corrupt leaders expect/demand assistance from others? Surely simply sending in money is not the answer and in many cases sending in direct aid in the form of something like medicine is not viable as the distribution of it is offensive to the leaders.

Its an important problem to solve, just not sure what a viable solution would be.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i am haitian and yes, feces was dumped by a UN asian soldier into water that was KNOWN to be water people drink from. hence the outbreak

the UN is not innocent. UN soldiers consistantly rape and kill innocent civilians in haiti

you dont find it strange that this outbreak DID NOT happen in the tent cities in port au prince but HUNDREDS of miles away in a province that was not affected too much by the earthquake.

instead of discrediting it saying what would they gain from doing that, do the necessary research and dont rush to conclusions. cause the same people are saying what would the US gain from occupying haiti, a poor country, not knowing that haiti is rumored to be sitting on a bed of oil, larger than the venezuelas, not to mention resources that have yet to be tapped.

which is why the US wants leaders that favor THEM in power. which is why a coup detat was done on aristide, a president that stood for the people, by CIA trained rebels. in 2004 marine forces TOOK aristide out of haiti. which is also what was originally reported, but now the US has changed its reports, and is saying he fled haiti, which is NOT true.
edit on 16-11-2010 by jeremiei because: edit

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo

Depends what "help" if and what they are feeding you.

When it's Monsanto's hand, it's worth biting.

If they're going to give the Haitians a "poison gift" (that's not my words) like these foods, why not poison their water too?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Well, two wrongs don't make a Right; but it sounds as if the people need closer control over their water.

I wonder who would help them accomplish that ... probably a "church" might.

We would hope a Church would care enough about its people to want to keep them healthy.

That's what the Law Covenant was for, after all.

Shech--

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jeremiei

You said the UN soldiers consistantly rape and kill civilians in Haiti....

do you have any proof of that?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

my sources are personal contacts with family and friends living in haiti, living amongst UN soldiers occupying the country.

edit on 17-11-2010 by jeremiei because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join