It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet, Asteroid or Cylinder UFO heading towards sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now I am getting little concerned, this is the second one of these within 30 days. I know this because someone else posted a great movie of the other one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2988a267d749.png[/atsimg]

then later in their .gif

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/393f2b7437e5.png[/atsimg]

The Mpeg movie they show does not have these images.

so use this link

enter 20101113 for start date and 20101115 for end date. select LASCO C2 and hit search.

I do not have movie capture so can someone please capture the movie and post it for me please.

If it is a UFO then great back to raising tax $ for Obama. if it is another comet or asteroid then it is time to start digging in the basement!!!
edit on 15/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: edit bad spelling

edit on 15/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: date error

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Its obviously a chemtrail

second line
edit on 15-11-2010 by Segador because: Its actually a comet, the trail is formed from melted ice, gas and dust particles.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There is some very strange stuff going on with both the moon and the sun lately I am now living a life free of regret as feel a major incident is in the post

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Its obviously a chemtrail

second line
edit on 15-11-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

No I think its either swamp gas or chinese lantern..

sorry...

Juts read another thread about an object obscuring part of the sun...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Bizarre!

Great find OP! Could it just be that this was a comet making its way across the heavens? Or did it crash into the sun? If it was closer to the camera, would it not have appeared again out the other side of the sun? And if it went into the sun, how big must this thing have been...?

edit on 15-11-2010 by the.lights because: late and tired

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
Bizarre!

Great find OP! Could it jut be that this was a comet making its way across the heavens? Or did it crash into the sun? If it was closer to the camera, would it not have appeared again out the other side of the sun? And if it went into the sun, how big must this thing have been...?

Comet tails can be very long, I think there was one comet tail as long as 1 astronomical unit.
It is a comet.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Very good points! - I did not see it come out the other side so I am guessing it got pulled into the sun.

There were no bulletins about this and my sister spends a lot fo time at an observatory in Germany and she said nothing either. FUNNY though that NASA should have everyone looking at black holes while an object like this heads towards the sun though.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

If it was a comet then WHY was no one talking about an unknown comet flying through the solar system? something that large should have been seen by someone I would have thought.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well I hope someone got it recorded... using those numbers I get

No data available

as a result.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

There are many "sungrazer" comets discovered all the time. They are very small and do not appear until they get close enough to the sun for their tails to get very bright.

SUNDIVING COMET: The solar system has one less comet after one of the dirty snowballs swung past the sun on Nov. 14th--a little too close--and did not survive. Click on the image to view a movie of the death plunge:

Japanese comet hunter Masanori Uchina first noticed the sundiver in coronagraph images from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) on Nov. 13th. At the time it was a dim and distant speck, but it rapidly brightened on Nov. 14th as it approached the hot sun. Now it is just a dissipating haze of vapor and comet dust.

The comet was likely a member of the Kreutz sungrazer family. Named after a 19th century German astronomer who studied them in detail, Kreutz sungrazers are fragments from the breakup of a giant comet at least 2000 years ago. Several of these fragments are thought to pass by the sun and disintegrate every day. Most are too small to see but occasionally a bigger fragment like this one attracts attention.

spaceweather.com...

edit on 11/15/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
reply to post by the.lights

Very good points! - I did not see it come out the other side so I am guessing it got pulled into the sun.

There were no bulletins about this and my sister spends a lot fo time at an observatory in Germany and she said nothing either. FUNNY though that NASA should have everyone looking at black holes while an object like this heads towards the sun though.

Distraction?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
No data available

just tried it and it is still workiing make sure you have selected

lasco c2

the start date 20101113
and the end date 20101115

and then select search

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So it was a sun diving comet - well I still feel that we are seeing a lot more than we have in the past. i watch the soho for as long as its been up and with everything else going on it is making my suspicious that there is more going on up there than we are being told.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

If you copy and pasted the dates like I did...make sure there isn't a space after the numbers. I got no data too but i went in back and clicked in the text box and noticed a space after the date. Take that out you'll get it. Interesting find OP

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Maybe this will help. Is this what you are trying to achieve, or are looking for?

edit on 15-11-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

It really does happen a lot. And you can join the hunt.
www.comethunter.de...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bh325es
reply to post by badw0lf

If you copy and pasted the dates like I did...make sure there isn't a space after the numbers. I got no data too but i went in back and clicked in the text box and noticed a space after the date. Take that out you'll get it. Interesting find OP

Haha snap... probably was it, I ended up using the last n images and seeing it.

Was going to make an animation, but it appears someone already has..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I knew what it was when I read the OP

www.spaceweather.com...
SEE SUNDIVING COMET

I look at this site daily.

Do some research.

top topics

join