It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Face it. There are people who want to terrorize because they are idiots who subscribe to a violent religious book and who are too freak'n stupid to be able to think for themselves. Instead they listen to bloodthirsty and uncivilized radical religious extremism.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Nobody said you had to go out and attack the Republican Party like that.

...Enh, kudos for the truth I guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I already shamelessly went for those laughs...no stars though...all in the delivery I guess

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Face it. There are people who want to terrorize because they are idiots who subscribe to a violent religious book and who are too freak'n stupid to be able to think for themselves. Instead they listen to bloodthirsty and uncivilized radical religious extremism.

Go easy on the GOP, they need the far right voters.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Guess I got ahead of myself when I was "subjected to reading it".

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No. By IDentifying their actions in the name of "allah", the divide themselves into a faction of man. Thereby both divisible and blameworthy. They ask for the blame, you give them the blame. And if it's a small faction it wouldn't have taken 150k troops 9 years to "contain" them.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

It is indeed only a small group. The people fighting the American troops are defending their homelands from invaders. You would do the exact same thing if another nation invaded yours.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

You were funnier than I was anyways..

On a serious note...Real news is a puddle where there used to be a pond. The new world of news, blogs, and outright BSers is great in many ways, but it also means that we can't count on the News org to vet the story for us anymore. It's an idealogical sales convention...ethics in journalism is a thing of the past.

Can't we use the same internet that brings us this new kind of "news" to vet that news?

Whatever side of the political or idealogical spectrum we are on, can't we agree that the truth is important and that folks who lie to us on a regular basis should not be trusted? Even if they tell us what we want to hear?

FreeRepublic? Canada Free Press? CSNews? WorldNetDaily? They don't warrant a red flag? No further research required?

It's depressing...I want to debate...I want to learn new things...I want to expand my views...and that is hard to do when the starting point is a lie.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Gazrok

And if it's a small faction it wouldn't have taken 150k troops 9 years to "contain" them.

AL-Qaeda
The Afghan People
The Taliban
Muslims

Start with understanding the difference between those four groups and you have taken a step in the right direction. Omit for now the different waring factions/tribes of Afghanistan that could care less about Al-Qaeda or Allah...or the different sects of Islam and the spectrum of extremism inside each sect...save that for later.

Ask yourself what we have been doing for 9 years in Afghanistan while Osama Bin Laden is in the border region of Pakistan.

Ask yourself how long the Russians were in Afghanistan and how that worked out for them.

Maybe even rent "Charlie Wilson's War" and scratch your head while thinking about who we were arming and supporting....

Baby steps...
edit on 16-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Is this how evolved Western thinking has become?

Would you find it fair to keep all white people out of cemetaries to stop Westboro Baptist from protesting?

Incredibly shallow nonsense you have brought to the table there...

...And let's be honest here, with enough money and propaganda you can convince a white guy to do anything. If the TSA is at all responsible for the lack of "terrorist attacks" via airplanes as of late (which is unlikely).... making all the other races people not get scanned is not fixing anything, it's opening a door.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OP i totally agree im so sick and tired of this dual standard BS that I cant see straight! Since when does the US have to handle muslims with kids gloves? Arent we suppose to be a Christian nation? Oh yeah, all those bleeding heart liberals totally trashed Christain values and made us a Shia law country now. Why cant i as an american born male wear a mask for my drivers picture?

Seriously I live and work near dearbourne michigan, the largest muslim/arab collection in the states. Im sick to my dam stomach of the crap! Wait till it reaches your city and then tell me that this isnt the biggest dam consparcy that we face as a nation!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

IN AUGUST WHEN THIS RECCOMENDATION BY CAIR WAS WRITTEN…THE TSA PROTOCOL RESTRICTED SEARCH TO ONLY SUSPECT AREAS.

Read the CAIR advisory again.

CAIR Travel Advisory: New Airport Pat-Downs Called Invasive, Humiliating
Posted 11/10/2010 4:03:00 PM

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/10/2010) -- CAIR today issued a travel advisory for airline passengers who may be subjected to new Transportation Security Administration (TSA) "enhanced pat-downs" that many of those who undergo the procedure describe as invasive and humiliating.

This was written on November, 10 2010 not in August. TSA pat downs started in August for those who opted out of Body Scans. Must be some confusion here. All you have to do is read!!!!

www.cair.com...

You should probably read the full CNS article as well. It goes into great depth on the topic including the official fatwa on body scanners.
cnsnews.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by jibeho because: addition

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

First, it's Sharia law, not Shia law. And no, America is not a Christian country, it is a country in which people are allowed to followed whichever religion they choose.

And finally, this story is untrue, as has been pointed out by many posters, even the thread author. This is a recommendation, not an accepted rule by the TSA.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It really doesn't matter if there is a "fatwa on body scanners." There is no rule exempting Muslims from either the scanners or pat-downs. Muslims don't like these security measures; nobody does. And nobody is being treated any differently (except Muslims who are racially profiled).

edit on 16-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I gotta be honest...

I would probably grab a muslim woman and play "tune in Tokoyo" just like I was supposed to with any other woman as a TSA (Team Sexual Assault) agent.

Equality right?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Dantas

I don't know: how many abortion clinic bombings have there been?

37 since 1976. Less than half of that killed in the same period.

Let's look at the Muslim problem shall we?

Monthly Jihad Report
October, 2010
Jihad Attacks: 181
Countries: 17
Dead Bodies: 616
Critically Injured: 923

Total deadly terror attacks (not body count) since 9/11/2001 : 16,390

Looks like your apple just got demolished by the orange.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

"Muslim problem"? Sounds just like the so-called "Jewish question" 70 years ago.

Now, to address the rest of your post. You are using a faulty argument. You state that there have been 36 abortion clinic bombings in the United States, but then use stats on Islamic terrorist attacks in 17 countries. Do you see the problem with this comparison?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

>soapbox/vent<

Just keep in mind..that the forces controlling this world dont stand for election. More...keep in mind that these forces WANT you hating muslims - in fact they want you hating anyone 'different to you' ( Nazism) but for now muslims will do. This is how they stay in control and power, how they disempower you...and it starts by them convincing you that these things ( fear and hate and anger) even HAVE the ability to empower you.

In a sense I guess they do have a capacity for empowerment..but not for or of you. All they leave you is befreft of spirit hope and holistically exhasted. For them though, they are of enormous benefit and you effectivly exhausted is just fine...exhausted, bewlidered, disspirited, you cant fight back...you cant even raise a decent argument.

You/we/all have to recognise that your fearing and your hatred suspicion and rage is like food for these people...they are tools. More...they are tangible logistical weapons being utilized by assh*les in a bloody and human soul destroying war whose perspective and scope, most people have hardly begun to comprehend.

While our young men die in droves to protect muslims in countries far far away, you are being led to hate those same people...and this article and those like it are one way to divide to agitate...not just us against muslims..but muslim against muslim, christian against christian, HUMAN against HUMAN. The war is perpetual and the one most humans think we're fighting was over years ago. What you are seeing now, is the groundwork being done now, in YOUR hearts and minds...to lay the foundation for the NEXT war.

They WANT you to fear, to hate, to scorn, to judge, to abuse, to be so angry and bereft of hope that you will go out there and start attacking "them" ' because they are xyz'....they want this so YOU can start their next war ( and be blamed for it) and YOU can begin THEIR revolution - things they will ultimately finish..and do so with big bombs and bad drugs leaving what remains of humanity spent..with an easily controllable exhausted sick and powerless people left to lord over. You are doing their work FOR THEM!

Its one of the oldest tricks in the book.
Masters and slaves....and picking cotton.

Solution? Get off your fear horse..get on your high horse and just go have a coffee with the freakiest scariest "xyz" ( pick your terrorist) person you can find...talk to them..one HUMAN BEING to another...FACE your fears and get OVER and conscience your fearing actions...allow others TIME to get over THEIRS.. ACT only in accordance with YOUR values, reason and conscience - not these puppeteers' version of the same.

THINK THINK THINK and if you cant..then just STOP and listen for a while...really listen to what your being 'fed'....ask *yourself* WHY you do believe what you do..and _where that belief came from_.

A terrorist is a terrorist and to think muslims are the only terrorists is so ignorant its dangerous. To ACT on that fear and ignorance is plain DUMB.

Terrorism is an ACTION not a sub group....a terrorist is a person or group of people who terrorise others for a personal agenda and personal gain, period, and they do this action, regardless of why, who, where from, what for or which god or government they believe in.

Killing people is only one form of terrorist action. Another even more insidious form is what you/we are experiencing now but dont seem to see and that is - the covert manipulation and direction and captivity of YOUR thoughts and reactions. Which is, when investigated, nothing short of a usurping of YOUR authority and power, from right under your nose.

SOME people who are xyz..are terrorists is a fact. Terrorists exist...also a fact.
However saying ALL muslims/chinese/US/Aussie etc are terrorists and so must be feared and hated is a LIE.
That is THEIR skill at manipulqting you and YOUR ignorance in mutual action.

You CAN choose not to buy into that lie.
Or not.
YOUR responsibility.

Some Americans are ignorant uneducated slackjawed redneck hillbillies...not ALL Americans are though....right?

You need to depersonalise the issues to get a better and wider view of whats really going on out there and how it affects you 'in there' in your own mind, heart and head and emotions...you need to step back for a time to really grasp and comprehend how manipulated you/we have all been and are on a daily basis. Its maniplations within maninplations..and when you think you 'get it' THINK again!

Its clear when you do step back and put things back in their correct context and begin to use words meaningfully again, that we're all being led down the garden path by a bunch of people in positions of authority and power who want to keep their lofty positions and do know human psychological behavor like the back of their hand.

These mongrels, will poke and prod you to exactly where you need to be _for their use_...all the while having you think YOU are making these choices..when your not...you cant.

And this time..they are using "terrorism" like they used communisim and a hundred other "isms" - perpetual threats and fears to keep you from making peace, being peaceful helping others and viewing them as just extentions of your family, and getting on with your life...and doing so in accordance with your own true values and inner knowledge. They are keeping YOU from YOU as much as from other people as they know how powerful one aware being can be let alone an entire group.

If I were religous I would say these forces and people are directly stopping you from doing Gods will for you...even if that will is only that we Love one another, treat your neigbour as yourself.

Its not just the programming that occurs daily with well placed keywords and slogans..its events like this...'special treatments'....of certain groups that bring out the worst in ourselves ( just remember the Stanford experiement or how you acted when your brother or sister got a toy and you didnt)...and you have to get it into your head that this is the level they are working on!

THIS level is where they know and can nearly garauntee every behaviour you will have every action AND every internal reaction...this is why the Nazi's studied what they did...and where they KNOW they CAN provoke you into taking actions that go against your own conscience....and have YOU destroy YOURSELF...not just 'them' or 'those people over there'...which for them..is just a financial bonus.

They attack and provoke things you cant even control like a just and nobel sense of unfairness or injustice as things like human reaction to injustice _can_ be garaunteed...and manipulations of those key instincts and emotions are well known well practiced and planned psych tactics designed to promote propoganda and SEPERATE you from the truth.

They are intended to DIVIDE people from each other and further, to have people distrust their own minds and conciences..to 'take your inner ears away'...and mostly, to stop us forming our own thoughts and so having a basis of power in which to challenge THEM!

Why? They know..that united or at least, working in unision...even in just the simple act of thinking and NOT fearing..in choosing FOR OURSELVES how we will live..we will eventually defeat them...."they" will be superfluous....overt governance..unnecessary.

Fear and control is running their dynamics of manipulation...dont let them run yours or these a*sholes win by proxy...and so do the real terrorists - those state paid actors, those who just switch religions depending on the day, who change political sides like they change underwear and ensnare whomever and whatever group of people willing to fear enough on cue and accomdate their rehtoric in any given age.99% of the time, these 'actors' are paid and protected by the state and used as tools knowingly and willfully by those that do hold power. Do you get that?

These types and those that handle them have perverted every religous, political and secular HUMAN derived institution since we began keeping records and they wont stop because you want them to..or even if you were to successfully kill or imprison every living Muslim in the world...( see Israel's attempt to genocide the Arab populations in Palestine) ....and the only way to move forward and escape this trap is to use YOUR capacity to reason..and to THINK...to overcome the fear they want you to have..to make CHOICES...conscious choices....even if doing that costs..is scary..is hard...brings hardship.

If a question has to be asked then ask WHAT ARE YOU FEARING?

If its terrorists..then go after THEM...specifically! Start with YOUR fear of them in YOUR own mind first.
Then if you must, target the individual group or people doing these actions..not some woman down the street with a headscarf who is probably about as afraid and in ignorance of the reality of the maniplations as you are and about as much a terrorist as you are ever likely to be.

If you must act outwardly in self defence..which is the least productive application of power.... then take your actions deliberately..meaningfully, know why and what for...and KNOW who and what a terrorist is before you do...know it for YOURSELF not because fox news or some internet story said so...do your own reassearch as its YOU who will live with the consequences for the rest of your life. Get back in your OWN skin and OWN it!

Otherwise you are just part of the problem...an unconscious meatsack with a non local and freely manipulatable consciousness - a fully fueled and fed up human "reactor", one they will rely on to be their bitch and jump on cue at their say so.. you will be, and increasingly so, allowing yourself to become a footsoldier of the 4th Reich unconsciously or willfully, doing the bidding of a much bigger monster you cant see and so wont acknoweldge or even comprehend exists.
That monster is using you right now.....and you are letting it.
Your choice.

>end soapbox/vent<

Rosha.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

This policy is what is known (in the vernacular of the time) as horsesh*t.

In these kinds of circumstances isnt what is fair for one is fair for all?

How can special treatment even be considered?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
OP i totally agree im so sick and tired of this dual standard BS that I cant see straight!

Is a dual standard some sort of car? We can tell that you can't see it straight, hon. That's why you skipped that last 6 pages that denied the OP's misinformed babbling with none other than The Truth.

Since when does the US have to handle muslims with kids gloves?

The moment you started not knowing what the hell you were talking about... because it has nothing to do with the TSA.

Arent we suppose to be a Christian nation?

Seriously? This Canadian suggests that you ask the First Amendment! I feel the embarrassment of your country for you from across the border! Shame! You're so ignorant of American Legislature you could be a politician, or even a police officer!

Oh yeah, all those bleeding heart liberals totally trashed Christain values and made us a Shia law country now. Why cant i as an american born male wear a mask for my drivers picture?

Why can't you, as an American, capitalize the word American, or spell the phrase Sharia Law properly... before calling people idiots. What is your motive to wear that mask? To make a point against Muslims? Sounds mature.

Seriously I live and work near dearbourne michigan, the largest muslim/arab collection in the states. Im sick to my dam stomach of the crap! Wait till it reaches your city and then tell me that this isnt the biggest dam consparcy that we face as a nation!

The biggest problem with America is sensationalizing, bratty, morons who believe everything they read or see on the idiot box. Stop contributing to the national problem.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join