It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ironman suit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
watch the video here -> www.cnn.com...

"As the crowd watches, Jameson uses his robot hydraulic arm to shadowbox, break three inches of pine boards and toss around 72-pound ammunition cases like a bored contestant on the "World's Strongest Man."

The suit moves as he moves and amplifies his strength 17-fold. It doesn't fly though."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Cool... but still tethered to the power supply.
Too bad they haven't figured a way to implant that nuclear reactor (or whatever it was) in someone's chest... yet. Now that will be an accomplishment!

edit on 15/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think once a portable supply with a decent charge is found, war will have changed forever.

If you could retain that level of strength with a power suppy, you could load up on every armor advancement from the past several decades and carry enough weaponry to cause massive damage.

Imagine Heinleins Starship Troopers story, or the Minigun from Predator. Now imagine armor-clad supermen with portable artillery of 5-6 men and miniguns.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Here is another video of the same suit.

At time stop 1:21 you can see some concept armor plating behind the speaker.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just another tool to be used for evil. Nice find

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Some other things I've been thinking off in regards to Power Armor.

Comic-book level weaponry is obviously unreasonable for one person to control, so what if there was a controller/pilot/wearer working in tandem with someone who operates back or body mounted extra-weapons via remote? Like a minigun/rocket-launcher mounted on the back (think Warmachine or any heavy artillery mech/suit/etc from media). The person inside would have more direct control of more traditional weapons like hand held weaponry. This would essentially be like combining a traditional soldiers battlefield presence with the multi-tasking ability of a conventional vehicle or team.

Also; I think this suit, even tethered, would be great if we ever actually branch into planetary exploration. They could provide additional support, control, and abilities to astronauts or space engineers that could really make this sort of technology shine.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

in time, in time

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

true... imagine every marine in one of these in the future? China would have to change their undies!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I have already posted on the Raytheon Exoskeleton. The post has more videos on it and videos of other exoskeleton type technology and armor.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-11-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join