It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can you die by catching something from sitting somewhere out in public? I mean, where you come home and sit down with same clothes on anywhere in your home right from after sitting down in some place in public, and then somehow end up laying your bare face or your bare legs or your bare hands where you sat at when wearing dirty clothes straight from sitting somewhere in public?

What could you catch? Do you change before sitting all over your home after going out and sitting in who knows what?

People can be just a nasty type of careless, you know?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

Don't be so germophobic. The human body is very efficient and effective at removing foreign contaminants.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I am not a total mysophobe, but yeah when I come home after being out in public places, I tend to change clothes and of course wash my hands. Also, my shoes are left at the door. I always have my young son wash his hands when he comes in from being out as well. Not neurotically, but just common sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If we could I dont think the human race would have got verry far. I heard somewhere that we didnt all ways live in houses and had to spend a lot of time out side.
edit on 15-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I only wash my hands after i use the bathroom. I pretty much chew my nails all day long. So anything i touch ends up in my system. I am 38 years old and i have only ever been sick with the flue twice. I think my immune system is strong because it gets constant use.
Your body is covered with germs. When you wash your hands you remove only a small portion of them and they will fill the empty space in just a few minutes.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
What could you catch? Do you change before sitting all over your home after going out and sitting in who knows what?

A money related PATHOGEN
. Yes I often get home and change outta them work/public clothes..
2nd
edit on 11/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Eat healthy and exercise, keep the immune system strong, so don’t worry too much, the added stress is worse than the germs…

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If your a male, you would actually have a better chance of actually winning the "BRONZE" in womens gymnastics at the next olympics than you would catching a killer bug in that manner, know that, and sleep easy.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
Can you die by catching something from sitting somewhere out in public?

That depends on your definition of "you." Not to go off topic, but the Real You is a Spirit, not a human body, and is composed of Pure Energy. Energy can be alerted, as in the use of transistors and diodes, and re-directed, as in Step up or down transformers, but cannot be destroyed, ever. Can you destroy an electrical charge? No. You can only ground it.

new topics

top topics

join