It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taliban attacks u.s millatarry base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A group of Taliban militants have stormed a U.S. military base in eastern Afghanistan, a government spokesman said.

The rebels attacked a base in Jalalabad, provincial capital of Nangarhar province, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, spokesman for the governor, said. There was no immediate report of troop casualties. The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) claimed eight insurgents were killed in the fighting.

An Afghan security official who requested anonymity said seven Taliban fighters including two suicide bombers were killed in the attack.

"The forward operating base received small arms fire from an unknown number of insurgents and after gaining positive identification of insurgent fighting positions, an ANA and ISAF quick reaction force was sent to the area," NATO said.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid took responsibility for the attack, saying 14 fighters with suicide vests and heavy guns stormed the base. He claimed that dozens of foreign and Afghan troops were killed

www.thehindu.com... < source

could this start a war

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Isn't there a war in Afghan already?

So, how would it start a war that has already been going on for a few years?

I think this is the military saying, "look, we still have terrorists to kill." So that they can say they are doing something, when we all know they are there for the poppies and oil.

Just more BS, on the Corporate Military's part, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not sure what you're referring to, there has been a war going on for 10 yrs now.

Did i miss something?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
yes but are talbansteins Afghanistan or isarail?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ah, Jalalabad is one of my favorite map at Battlefield 2. I wonder if Taliban militants has practice in that game before doing the real thing?

new topics

top topics

join