It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police gain new anti-terror search powers [Australia]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

lol, thats sad...In Australia only criminals have weapons.....

The worst I did was, I use to travel overseas a lot, I managed a factory and other things in Malaysia.
I was actually there on 9/11..
Well a few weeks later I had to fly back to Malaysia. My flight was late in the afternoon so before that I called at a store to setup a display...
I got to the airport later and went through security. Next thing the bells go off...
I feel in my pockets and suddenly feel the box cutter I'd used in the store!!!!
Well, the gaurds were not happy at all and I had to give them all sorts of details about where I work..
The only thing that saved me was that I travel often and one of the gaurds remembered me...
Scary though, oh and stupid on my part

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Police and the AFP can now enter your home without a warrant if even the slightest hint of terrorist activity is suggested.

Now all that is required is the expansion of the definition of "terrorism".

Originally posted by Stryker Ops
I can't believe that the Australian people would stand for this.

I can. That's why they add fluoride to most of our water.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Why do we even bother having elections? Somebody remind me?

So that we agree to be governed by them. It's like a legal technicality.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Now all that is required is the expansion of the definition of "terrorism".

That's true and they leave it very vague...
But it's not even just that..
It's also aiding terrorism...That gets even trickier to define...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

My old man carried a bullet through the airport scanner once. He was vacuuming the house and picked it up off the ground, put it in his pocket and forgot about it. It was a spent bullet from a few weeks prior when I had went shooting with my uncle.

Airport security folks weren't happy.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ahhh good old Australia - the lucky country, or so we were once told, down here in Melbourne the state government has let street violence run out of control in the last 5 years, just so they can now reel it back in, with the stupid population begging for protection from it, and lets not forget all the new 40km per hour speed zones, one day i could drive down a road at 60km per hour without a drama, now if i drive that same road at 45-50km, I'll be fined $200, but hey, it's for my own protection, right?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Does make you wonder...
We had one of the lowest murder by shooting rates, so they took our guns...
We have NEVER had a terrorist attack, so they do this..

Yes we have.
Just after the first terrorism law was passed, a girl was charged and convicted of terrorism.

She had baked a cake, laced it with grass, and taken it to school to share with her class to celebrate her 14th birthday.

Now if the police had these powers then, they might have been able to break into her home and catch her cooking.

Logically, in view of this incident, the police should constantly patrol, searching for the smell of cooking, and burst into any house where baking is going on, with guns blazing.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Does make you wonder...
We had one of the lowest murder by shooting rates, so they took our guns...
We have NEVER had a terrorist attack, so they do this..

Yes we have.
Just after the first terrorism law was passed, a girl was charged and convicted of terrorism.

She had baked a cake, laced it with grass, and taken it to school to share with her class to celebrate her 14th birthday.

Now if the police had these powers then, they might have been able to break into her home and catch her cooking.

Logically, in view of this incident, the police should constantly patrol, searching for the smell of cooking, and burst into any house where baking is going on, with guns blazing.

Are you NUTS????
They don't use guns on 14 year olds...Well not often...They use tasers and pepper spray and they don't even use them until you are on the ground and handcuffed....

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by backinblack .
But like I said, we have NEVER had a terrorist attack here so why this?

Why do you totally ignore the Hilton hotel bombing?

Lol, does a false flag count as terrorism?

ASIO orchestrated the Hilton Hotel bombing to avoid an investigation into their illegal activities.
And it worked.

Sydney Hilton bombing

Hilton Bombing

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Didn't know that bit, or I forgot it..

Anyway, how can it be a terrorist attack on Australia if they targeted the Indian PM?
I call that Indian Take away..

edit: Thats just a joke..I have many indian friends

edit on 17-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The latest "security" craze in the US now is the airport full-body scanners. I don't really like to fly and fortunately don't have to very often, but it did inspire me to start exercising more and get in little better shape.

<< 1  2   >>

join