It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Plane Theory is blown out of the sky - US missed Chinese Missile

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just contacted my friend in the Navy who was on the exercise lucky break lol. He said it was a planned exercise testing a new missile defense idea which failed and it was not a chinese sub he said it was a virginia attack class sub

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

Do you details of the excersise? Dates, ships involved? Where?
I haven't found any news of any excersises at that time however I did see there were warships in the area as one went to aid that cruise ship..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

One thing must be clear now... as you can see below:
The missile comes from below the clouds in the back and goes behind the clouds in the front,
meaning it is going up.

There were some other pictures of the same event, taken from another place by another photographer.
Here you can clearly see there's NO second contrail,... no intervention!
You can only see the object finally disappear in the atmosphere or out of it.....
(it probably never came down...) Maybe it was the US hitting something in space?? Who tells?

I would also recommend the recent thread about this same topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And if you missed the article:
redcounty.com...

We're talking about a missile test area here.
I've seen posts about this as well, but they were all looking at the wrong issue.
You should see issue 47.
You find it here - msi.nga.mil...
This is the path: Note to marines >> issue 47 >> Entire NtM >> go to page 57
You should find this from (081520Z NOV 2010) meaning Nov 8th 2010 15:20 Zulu time.
This is the message
453/10(18).
EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC.
CALIFORNIA.
MISSILES.
1. INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS 0001Z TO 2359Z
DAILY MONDAY THRU SUNDAY IN THE NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER
SEA RANGE. THE MAJORITY OF MISSILE FIRINGS TAKE PLACE
1400Z TO 2359Z AND 0001Z TO 0200Z DAILY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
IN AREA BOUND BY
34-02N 119-04W, 33-52N 119-06W, 33-29N 118-37W,
33-20N 118-37W, 32-11N 120-16W, 31-54N 121-35W,
35-09N 123-39W, 35-29N 123-00W, 35-57N 121-32W,
34-04N 119-04W.
2. VESSELS MAY BE REQUESTED TO ALTER COURSE WITHIN THE ABOVE
AREA DUE TO FIRING OPERATIONS AND ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT
PLEAD CONTROL ON 5081.5 MHZ (5080 KHZ) OR 3238.5 KHZ (3237 KHZ)
SECONDARY OR 156.8 MHZ (CH 16) OR 127.55 MHZ BEFORE ENTERING
THE ABOVE BOUNDARIES AND MAINTAIN CONTINUOUS GUARD WHILE
WITHIN THE RANGE.
3. VESSELS INBOUND AND OUTBOUND FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PORTS
WILL CREATE THE LEAST INTERFERENCE TO FIRING OPERATIONS
DURING THE SPECIFIC PERIODS, AS WELL AS ENHANCE THE VESSEL'S
SAFETY WHEN PASSING THROUGH THE VICINITY OF THE SEA RANGE
IF THEY WILL TRANSIT VIA THE SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL AND WITHIN
NINE MILES OFFSHORE VICINITY OF POINT MUGU OR CROSS THE AREA
SOUTHWEST OF SAN NICOLAS ISLAND BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE.
4. CANCEL NAVAREA XII 444/10.
(081520Z NOV 2010)

Think about this,.. if China and the USA go into war,.. that would be financially very stupid for both !!!
China with their huge amounts of USdollars - and the USA with their own export in China !!!
There is hardly any export from within the USA anymore!

Hope this might be helpful enough.
edit on 21-11-2010 by noahproductions because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2010 by noahproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

See.. I have to disagree. I'm not saying what this is or is not, BUT I don't think there was an attempted interception. A.) because the missile didn't appear to be traveling very fast (if the videos I've seen of the contrail with a red glow at the head were legit) I don't think the U.S. would have problem intercepting something they could actually see B.) It is mostly the contrail at the base being misshapen and drifting due to wind.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
See.. I have to disagree. I'm not saying what this is or is not, BUT I don't think there was an attempted interception. A.) because the missile didn't appear to be traveling very fast (if the videos I've seen of the contrail with a red glow at the head were legit) I don't think the U.S. would have problem intercepting something they could actually see B.) It is mostly the contrail at the base being misshapen and drifting due to wind.

I agree with ya

I changed my mind on this topic back on page 51
and posted the same. Sorry there is so many
pages to sort through, but hey it is a hot topic
these days.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Very interesting topic, I've been reading up on it the last couple days to catch up on my ATS news!

I was a passenger aboard the Carnival Splendor that was "dead in the water" for 3 days before being towed into San Diego's port.

After the initial "fireless" smoke, that took out 3 main aft engines we were left drifting in the sea for a day and 1/2 before the tow boats came to help pull us in. During this time however the military surveillance was massive. The US Coast Guard was first on the scene, along with the Mexican Navy, then our Navy, the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier, and the cruise director also said a submarine. All of this military presence stayed with our ship. with jets and helicopters flying overhead often, the whole way back into San Diego's port. I've seen cruise ships have trouble, on tv, before (this was my first cruise!), but I don't recall them having such a strong military convoy to accompany them.

I just wonder if this ties in with the suspected Chinese missile, as it was in our proximity. We will probably never know, but I could have been smack dab in the middle of an international incident.

And, btw, even though there was reports of Spam being served, I can say that we never saw any, Poptarts either for that matter, and I would have loved one!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

You're right, sounds like overkill just for a cruise ship that was already being towed in..
Maybe they were worried about Somalai pirates..

But I wonder why all that navy was nearby anyways..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Prax, what a fascinating story you must have.
You should post your own thread about your
experiences aboard the Splendor. And give ATS
members a chance to ask questions and such.
I think it would go over very well

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Haha.. yeah I'd read all through it once when you first posted, but when these threads get so big its hard to keep up.
I really think they need a search function that searches all through the threads or maybe a tag system where people can tag posts they think are important to the flow of the thread and all the tags are listed on the first page of the thread. I'm actually going to suggest that i think.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
You're right, sounds like overkill just for a cruise ship that was already being towed in..
Maybe they were worried about Somalai pirates..

But I wonder why all that navy was nearby anyways..

well u did get a laugh out of me with the pirate comment
as you are a couple oceans away for them to be of
interest, lol. good one

but u do bring up a valid point about all the
US Navy presence in the area. But it still
doesn't mean Chinese Missile.

As you are very well aware, an aircraft carrier is the
best platform to transfer supplies to over 4K people
as it has a flat deck with air operations for a drop.
So the carrier is warranted. And guess what?
A US Carrier is never ever left alone at sea. Everywhere
it goes it has a fleet attached for it's security
including multiple surface vessels and a submarine.
So that would justify why they were all in the area.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

As you are very well aware, an aircraft carrier is the
best platform to transfer supplies to over 4K people
as it has a flat deck with air operations for a drop.
So the carrier is warranted. And guess what?
A US Carrier is never ever left alone at sea. Everywhere
it goes it has a fleet attached for it's security
including multiple surface vessels and a submarine.
So that would justify why they were all in the area.

Not sure what the 4k people has to do with it..It was a cruise ship and thus would have had plenty of supplies onboard..
I did search to see if there were any excersises going on but came up blank..
But I do remember reading a comment from a person claiming to be off Flight AWA808 that said the pilot announced a change of course due to military excersises in the area...
I could find it if needed..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This is kind of off topic, but I read where people were saying the cruise ship that lost power was EMPd. Of course I don't believe any of that nonsense. However it made me curious. Has an EMP ever been used like that or used over any population? Id like to hear reports from people of what it was like.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
This is kind of off topic, but I read where people were saying the cruise ship that lost power was EMPd. Of course I don't believe any of that nonsense. However it made me curious. Has an EMP ever been used like that or used over any population? Id like to hear reports from people of what it was like.

No EMP, passengers were still useing their cell phones..
They do not like EMPs

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Not sure what the 4k people has to do with it..It was a cruise ship and thus would have had plenty of supplies onboard..

it has everything to do with it.
Food is preserved in coolers and freezers.
When there is no electricity, the food spoils
and cannot be served. Fresh food has to be
brought in to feed 4K. Health Laws prevent
food from being served if it stays above a certain
temp for a certain amount of time. Plus the fact that
loads of the equipment used to cook the food cannot
be used as it uses electricity as well, ovens, burners, etc...
Serving certain raw foods is also against Health Laws.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Ahh sorry...I thought it was the 3 engines that blew, not the generators..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The Carrier Strike Group had been working up for 3 weeks on exercise. This was in preparation for a forthcoming deployment.

'USS Ronald Reagan Completes COMPTUEX (Composite Training Unit Exercise)'

www.navy.mil...

TJ

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Black, did you get a chance to get an answer for my question? Hadn't seen you on here in days. Ask me if you need me to refresh your memory on the question.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by noahproductions

Noahproductions wrote:

One thing must be clear now... as you can see below: The missile comes from below the clouds in the back and goes behind the clouds in the front, meaning it is going up.

That is perspective. It looks like it is going up.

LAX webcam image captured the following. The contrail is horizontal.

From

www.cargolaw.com...

Noahproductions wrote:

You can only see the object finally disappear in the atmosphere or out of it.....

The object is travelling far too slow for your version of events.

Note the times?

From analysis of the video splicing you can see it linked into Rick Warren's images.

From

www.freerepublic.com...

From the Free Republic link there is a movement to persuade CBS to release the complete footage of the event.

The video was edited and gave the impression to many observers that this was a fast moving ballistic missile event.

The analysis of Rick Warren's images show that it was not representative of a such a ballistic missile launch as the time stamps prove.

Link to Rick Warren's images

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

The NtM (Notice to Mariners) has already been covered several times. The date you highlight (081520Z NOV 2010) is simply the issue date. It is updated every 7 days. Number 48 shows the update, cancels that message, and has the issue date for 15th.

msi.nga.mil...

It is a standard Notice to Mariners for the Eastern North Pacific that goes back decades. You can retrieve it all the way back to 1999.

A NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) would be required for a missle launch. The likes of Flight AWE 808 and Flight UPS 902 transiting throught the area would be aware of such a NOTAM for a ballistic missile launch. No such NOTAM was issued.

TJ

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This probably has NOTHING to do with this missile/plane incident but I can't help but notice this ship became disabled at approximately the same time and in approximately the same location.
(someone tied and blamed this to a China EMF test)

Now, is it common-place or even in the odds that someone would die on board a cruise ship? And why wasn't this mentioned earlier (even if the story was incomplete?)
I find this very weird. Yeah, what else is new?????????????

Death aboard Carnival cruise ship investigated

Federal authorities are investigating the death of a passenger aboard a Carnival cruise ship last week.

The passenger, whose identity was not released, died on Carnival's Liberty ship during a cruise last week. FBI agents in St. Thomas are handling the investigation, said a Miami FBI spokesman Michael Leverock, refering questions to an agent there.

A spokesman could not immediately be reached.

Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen said in a statement that "evidence suggests [the death] was medical related. In respect to the privacy of our guests, we are not able to release specifics on the nature of the medical condition,'' he wrote.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What???!

This probably has NOTHING to do with this missile/plane incident....

You got that right.

.... but I can't help but notice this ship became disabled at approximately the same time and in approximately the same location.

Are you talking about the Carnival Cruise ship on Monday, 8th November?? Or, the one you linked the article about, from just about seven days ago?? (That would be the 15th, thereabouts....)

Because, the OTHER Carnival ship, on the 8th? NO WHERE near LA!!! It was well south, over 100 miles, was offshore west and south of Ensenada Mexico. The article about the death on another Carnival ship??? St. Thomas, VI. (That is in the Caribbean. In the Atlantic Ocean. Los Angeles, and the west coast of Mexico? Pacific Ocean. Like, 3,000 miles away from St. Thomas!!!)

Oh, and the false (patently ridiculously inanely stupidly FALSE) "report" of the Chinese "EMP"? (not 'EMF')....

Utterly bonkers claim. Why does such garbage even get ANY consideration, at all? Have that many people truly lost their minds? Or, lack even the most basic scientific knowledge, anymore?

....(someone tied and blamed this to a China EMF test)....

edit on 22 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join