It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS Video: US Marine from Flotilla Raid KIDNAPPED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So this was supposed to be another attempt to bring in humanitarian supplies to Gaza, and on the way the captain of the boat at the last second decides he doesn't want to be a part of this.

Whether he got a call at the last second, or if this was planned is yet to be unveiled.

They did accept $75000 to charter the boat.

One car gets on the ship, and the captain raises the ramp and takes off, with the press and people from the first car still on board.

He takes off so quick, and so carelessly, that there is MAJOR damage to his boat.

Then he comes back a few times, each time ramming a different side of his boat into the pier.

It's amazing how much damage he does to this boat, and how long he continues to do so.

Then goes straight out to sea with British, Irish, and Algerian nationals held hostage.

Check it out:

edit on 14-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Am I on global ignore again? lol

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You might want to post this in a more popular area, I'm sure it'll get a lot of views, besides me.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is pretty crazy but why isnt this "Marine going up and giving the captain a few slaps in the head,hasnt he ever watched "Under seige".
edit on 14-11-2010 by 12voltz because: of the crazy captain

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
LOL! What a cluster!

UPDATE: Gaza Road to Hope Convoy Members Arrested in Greece | The captain of the Strofades IV however, may be charged.

(SALEM, Ore.) - UPDATE: This story describes an improving situation for 10 peace activists and seven Libyan government officials who were taken captive by a Greek sea captain operating a ship that broke moorings at Derna Port in Libya- with only one vehicle partly loaded. The activists are part of the Road to Hope Convoy from London to Gaza.

They had been refused entry at Egypt and were preparing to load the convoy on the Strofades IV for tranfor to Al Arish, where they would be driven the final distance to Gaza.

I leaving the original story in place, but it is a constantly changing saga, and it has taken a turn for the worse.

Ken O'Keefe who also writes for Salem-News.com, and nine other activists, as well as the 7 Libyan officials aboard the ship, are apparently in jail. Dave Evans in Washington, who worked with Salem-News.com during a recent NW Int. Speaking Tour with Ken, contacted me shortly after this story was published to advise that the group was being arrested by officials in Greece.

"Tox is handcuffs, off to jail we go" Ken O'Keefe of the Road to Hope convoy said, adding: "Charity Workers being JAILED NOW in Greece. Something is not right with Greece and it's legal system."

We will bring you more information as it becomes available.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Nice update.

Seems much different than what was in the description of the video.

KIERAN has PHONED from Ship currently docking at "a" Greek Harbour. ALL ARE "SAFE". Greek commandos "being lovely, speaking english, looking after us really well, very sympathetic".

Apparently, like everywhere else in the world, the government of Greece seems to be against the will of their people, even top military commandos.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Strange incident. Maybe they should've checked the mental health records of the captain before chartering this boat

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Seriously.

And why didn't "militant" "scary" Libya send the military when 7 of their officials were taken hostage.

After he rams the Libyan pier which must have been at least 3 times, you think they'd do something?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah there was lots of confusion and yelling etc. so maybe the ship just managed to slip out into international waters before they had proper time to react. Can't tell for sure thought unless we get official statements or something.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
NEW VIDEO!

Interview with Kenneth about the incident!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is crazy, I watched the whole thing and have to say that he sure remained calm and collected during this whole thing, I hope it all works out for him in the end, as of the update though looks like he has taken it all in stride, what a man.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah, but after you've seen what he's seen, as a Gulf War veteran and unfortunately also the carnage he's seen as an aid worker, this is probably just another day in his life.

You can tell the Libyan officials are freaking out, so he takes it better than them. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

There is something to be learned here from his demeanor and style. remaining centered and keeping a sense of humor would probably save your life in an extreme situation which that most certainly was regardless of the outcome.

I wonder how many other decent people that captain turned over to the authorities as terrorists?

It was probably an insurance scam and he figured that he could just blame it on the "terrorists".

Good thing they had it all on video, it was actually kind of comical.
edit on 15-11-2010 by antar because: T

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

LOL

Agreed.

Even the most stanch israel supporter would at least get a kick of watching a massive ship deliberately running into things.

And I didn't even think about insurance, what's he going to say, he was fleeing terrorists?

edit on 15-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I get the feeling that the captain was p*** about who really chartered his ship. His agent may have not been told the real story.

Likely he was afraid the israelis would board and seize his ship when he got near israel even though it was going to a Egyptian port.

Or the israelis called him and told him they planed to. or told him that his ship would be hijacked and run to gaza.
I would not put it passed mossad to have warned off the ship just to mess with the flotilla.
They are known for working dirty tricks to get what they want

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

The captain was extremely irrational as if he was having some sort of break down and about the time he sobered up it was too late so he tried to blame it on the passengers who he was already in deep legal trouble with.

Do you suppose the captain could have been on a blind drunk?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yeah, he's either fallen for all the propaganda and is scared of 120lb goat herders who penetrated the entire US defensive grid and had no idea what he was picking up until he saw them, or he got a call at the last second telling him not to take them aboard.

Either way it turns out for a great video and only draws more attention to the cause and the stupidity of those against these international aid workers.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join