It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oceanside Man Says TSA Pat-Down Policy Goes Too Far

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Oceanside Man Says TSA Pat-Down Policy Goes Too Far

www.10news.com

SAN DIEGO -- An Oceanside man said he believes the TSA's new pat-down policy and hands-on approach goes way too far.

John Tyner was supposed to be in South Dakota this weekend on a hunting trip but said his trip ended Saturday morning at Lindbergh field.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
More dissension going on for airport screening options.

Glad to see people are standing up to the powers that be. Maybe there is some hope. Everyone needs to start standing together for what is right, in all areas.

How long will it be until something happens to help "enforce" the standards they are trying to push?

www.10news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What's with the sudden surge of TSA threads?

O had never heard of them till today... Now I see THREE threads pertaining to the TSA!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Its the new security procedures. If you opt out of letting them take what amounts to poor quality nude pics of you then they are going grope your private parts (and breasts if you are female). It applies to all regardless of gender or age. So, from 8 to 80 - man, woman or child - if you want to fly a TSA agent is either going to see or grope your naughty bits.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bah - ATS - hiccuped and double posted.

Maybe a TSA agent was groping about the server.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Frogs because: Double post

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My wife works on healthcare and she is telling me that the exposure to this machine is not dangerous, but like all X-ray technitians in hospitals if you get exposed to xrays to much it can cause damage, I'm guessing thats the case with the pilots, if they have to be scanned each time it will not be safe for them.

I dont mind going thru this machine, heck I would love to have a XRAY picture of my body if possible
that would be nice.
edit on 14-11-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
My wife works on healthcare and she is telling me that the exposure to this machine is not dangerous, but like all X-ray technitians in hospitals if you get exposed to xrays to much it can cause damage, I'm guessing thats the case with the pilots, if they have to be scanned each time it will not be safe for them.

I dont mind going thru this machine, heck I would love to have a XRAY picture of my body if possible
that would be nice.

Yep, and there was a story 6 months ago about normal x-ray scanners and ct scans being set up wrong in hospitals giving people sometimes 20X the amount of radiation they were supposed to have.

I don't trust any xray tech that doesnt have standards of review for safety...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe they should invent pat down robots? I mean, people can hide things in their crotch or under flabs of fat or in the buttocks. If they call off the pat downs and someone is able to sneak something aboard a plane, then everyone will be calling for heads to roll.
Maybe they should just make everyone fly naked and in the dark. Try to sneak something on the plane then!
There has to be a better way to get a few hundred people onto a plane without them being able to carry anything on board. If they can't pat it down, or expose it with radiation, what is left? I still like my idea of issuing disposable clothing to be worn the duration of the flight.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
Maybe they should invent pat down robots? I mean, people can hide things in their crotch or under flabs of fat or in the buttocks. If they call off the pat downs and someone is able to sneak something aboard a plane, then everyone will be calling for heads to roll.
Maybe they should just make everyone fly naked and in the dark. Try to sneak something on the plane then!
There has to be a better way to get a few hundred people onto a plane without them being able to carry anything on board. If they can't pat it down, or expose it with radiation, what is left? I still like my idea of issuing disposable clothing to be worn the duration of the flight.

Heck, why not just cut to the chace and kill everyone? Its the only way to be sure, when you come right down to it.
Oh waitaminute, that's already in the cards. Coming soon to brainpan near you.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

Oorah my brother.

I think the solution to the screening problems are quite simple but controversial as well.

Take a page from El-Al : aviationknowledge.wikidot.com...:el-al-the-world-s-most-secure-airline

If I were head of Homeland or TSA I would encourage security profiling. Yep bring it on peeps.

If you really want to be a safe traveler and speed up the security measures we should simply create profiles and target those of whom fall into the parameters.

The FBI profiles suspects all the time. It's time to put away all your mushy feelings and humanitarianism and except the facts. Either that or just drive to your destination.

Becker

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Those whom actually have the arrogance to vouch for this method of " security ", and can actually embrace the infringing of the 4th amendment right is mind boggling? How someone can actually condone these actions, let alone agree with the blatant molestation under the premise of " security " is just ludicrous!

Stupid is as stupid does~

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg

Personally I don't like the idea of a robot fumbling around in my nether regions.

Do you?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This morning my local Orlando news where talking about this scanners and gave this website www.flyersrights.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The issue about this gentlemen standing up for his rights is a breathe of fresh air! I found an article including audio throughout this mans ordeal. You cant see much, but the audio is something you have to listen too. Its kinda long but if you sit through it you will see a true patriot!

source: johnnyedge.blogspot.com...

( you can re-read the events, then on the lower section are the audio clips available for your listening pleasure)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

so whats it gonna take for all u ppl to stop complaining about what has to be done at tha airport..if u dont like that # dont fly, simply as that. is it gonna take something like 911 to happen again to make u ppl open ur eyes and its all for safety of tha public and not to invade ur privacy ..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rjgonza87

But where you're wrong is, it doesn't take a blatant disregard to ones civil rights, not to mention 4th Amendment rights to provide security. These "pat downs" and new scanners being used, only address maybe 5% or less of the passengers being screened. So if " security" was that big of an issue, as the TSA/Government claims, then all passengers would be subjected to the new scanners as well as the " pat downs".
One could easily conclude that this is an obvious attempt to " sway " the people into security, with the agenda of controlling and dictating the people.
Talk about opening your eyes?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Airport body scanners could lead to an increase in skin cancers according to scientists at Columbia University, who warn that the dose emitted by the naked x-ray devices could be up to 20 times higher than originally estimated, in another clear example of how the scanners are completely illegal, dangerous to public health, and need to be removed immediately.

www.infowars.com... -increase-risk-of-skin-cancer/

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rjgonza87

Not one, NOT ONE, terrorist has been stopped in the history of the TSA with these "Security Provisions". That is a myth. They are paid for by the government, by your tax dollars, therefore, they are violating the Constitution by searching your persons without a warrant. If the airlines wanted to hire a private security firm to do it, that however, would not be a violation of your rights.

Do you want freedom or do you want safety? If you want safety, good luck. You should probably be aware of one major thing as well: nothing will keep you safe from death. That is a certainty. So why not live your life free instead of worrying about something that may never come to pass.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

In many regards your a correct, and you get
!
But in regards to hiring a security firm still does not supersede your rights. It is unconstitutional regardless of security forces or not to infringe on the 4th Amendment right. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and supersedes all state, local, and federal laws. Without warrant, they have no just cause.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The US Government no longer recognizes The Constitution as it is. Will it get better or worse well that is up to the people. To tell the Government to get out of your pants.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join