It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times: Nazis Were Given 'Safe Haven' in U.S., Report Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Nazis Were Given 'Safe Haven' in U.S., Report Says

www.nytimes.com

A secret history of the United States government’s Nazi-hunting operation concludes that American intelligence officials created a “safe haven” in the United States for Nazis and their collaborators after World War II, and it details decades of clashes, often hidden, with other nations over war criminals here and abroad.

The 600-page report, which the Justice Department has tried to keep secret for four years, provides new evidence about more than two dozen of the most notorious Nazi cases of the last three decades.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This report documents the complicity of the CIA and the Justice Department in protecting Nazi persecutors in the US after WW2 for many decades. The Justice Department has tried to keep this report secret for 4 years.

But this report goes further in documenting the level of American complicity and deception in such operations.

It sure does! Read the article - I wish I could get a hold of the report itself. I'm really surprised that this has come out at all and I wonder - why now?

The full report disclosed that the Justice Department found “a smoking gun” in 1997 establishing with “definitive proof” that Switzerland had bought gold from the Nazis that had been taken from Jewish victims of the Holocaust. But these references are deleted, as are disputes between the Justice and State Departments over Switzerland’s culpability in the months leading up to a major report on the issue.

Another section describes as “a hideous failure” a series of meetings in 2000 that United States officials held with Latvian officials to pressure them to pursue suspected Nazis. That passage is also deleted.

So too are references to macabre but little-known bits of history, including how a director of the O.S.I. kept a piece of scalp that was thought to belong to Dr. Mengele in his desk in hopes that it would help establish whether he was dead.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

the report cites help that C.I.A. officials provided in 1954 to Otto Von Bolschwing, an associate of Adolph Eichmann who had helped develop the initial plans “to purge Germany of the Jews” and who later worked for the C.I.A. in the United States. In a chain of memos, C.I.A. officials debated what to do if Von Bolschwing were confronted about his past — whether to deny any Nazi affiliation or “explain it away on the basis of extenuating circumstances,” the report said.

The Justice Department, after learning of Von Bolschwing’s Nazi ties, sought to deport him in 1981. He died that year at age 72.

Some intelligence officials objected when the Justice Department sought to deport him in 1983, but the O.S.I. considered the deportation of someone of Rudolph’s prominence as an affirmation of “the depth of the government’s commitment to the Nazi prosecution program,” according to internal memos.

The Justice Department itself sometimes concealed what American officials knew about Nazis in this country, the report found.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is incredibly massive!

This is why I love this website, thanks for posting this!

I'm going to sit back and think of the implications of this for awhile.

Massive, massive news.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The article documents the steps taken by the Justice Department to conceal this report. I'm really wondering why they would release it? And, I'm wondering - why now? I wonder what benefit they gain from doing so, right now? Is it simply just been long enough OR is the fact that Israeli sympathies are at an all-time low with the American people and a reminder of the holocaust is needed?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowScholar

I agree. Not because of the news itself (ATS has been aware of this for a long time), but because it has never been stated so bluntly by the MSM.. Many, many mainstream readers will now be aware.

Confirmation that conspiracy theorists are not always crazy!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

It could even be a way to distance themselves from Israel for some reason, hiding Nazis is a pretty big deal. It's got to hurt some feelings.

It could be that everyone who was complicit is now passed, and so the information can be released.

This does explain how all those SS officers disappeared from Germany without a trace.

link   
They wanted the information the Nazi's had been conducting on the AntiGravity Bell Project.

link   
Could you explain what exactly is new about this? It's been long known that the US granted Nazi's of significant (strategic) importance like scientists a ''green card'' to the US...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

That's why I find it so interesting, this source is legitimate.

Obviously those nazis disappeared somewhere, in the choice between Russia and America, i would've certainly defected to America. This is stuff people know about.

But to just outright blatantly say it in the NY times.

Wow!

As a student of history (mainly for pleasure) this changes a lot for me!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

See my post above yours:

Originally posted by ShadowScholar

I agree. Not because of the news itself (ATS has been aware of this for a long time), but because it has never been stated so bluntly by the MSM.. Many, many mainstream readers will now be aware.

Confirmation that conspiracy theorists are not always crazy!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Heh , great find with that article
I dont know why but I am not even slightly surprised at the fact that this report was being kept hidden for such a long time

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So - the conspiracy nut idiots who have been saying this for decades have finally been proven right by being given the official seal of approval on their 'nutty' theory. Just sayin'.

And there's also the CIA/Vatican link in all this.

Never be put off by scorn and insults - it's the tactic they use.

Next we need a 9/11 investigation.

edit on 14-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
PS. And they are still here - running the country now.

Time for people to join the dots and see the writing on the wall.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The 600 pages document.

Secret Justice Department Report Details How the U.S. Helped Former Nazis
documents.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Of course we did! Anything that could make us a profit is valuable so in reference Nazi generals and scientists! This is our trick of the trade, why else would a communist country be our greatest allie?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I fail to see how this is a big Scoop.
Operation 'paperclip' was \ is common knowledge for years.
The most famous Nazi who were brought to US to boost their space and missile program was Wernher von Braun

en.wikipedia.org...

The Russians did the same after WWII and during the cold war.
It won't come as a big surprise that other none-scientists Nazis were too brought to US for other unknown reasons.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Great OP.... but this is not really anything New... this is like conspiracy 101 stuff. It would have just been an extension of Operation Paper Clip, perhaps with another name we haven't heard of yet. I read some where in the past[ don't remember where] but it was said the CIA was based off the Gestapo the best secret police/ intelligence of the time.

So if the USA were to bring scientist in to build rockets & such... its pretty safe to say they brought others as well for more nefarious purposes
I'm just saying

gravitational beat me to the punch...

edit on 11/14/2010 by spoonbender because: day late & a dollar short

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a while.. something is happening, some kind of major shift in politics/society/perception leaving society in a state of confusion.. which not only appears to be speeding up but alos spreading it's tendrals into other areas.

To be honest this all feels (from my studies) very similar to the internal/external tussels with confused policies that took place in Britain after the Pax Britianica came to an end and each day seems even more like the economic, policical and miltaristic landscape of the pre WW2 era.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I've been thinking about this for a while.. something is happening, some kind of major shift in politics/society/perception leaving society in a state of confusion.. which not only appears to be speeding up but alos spreading it's tendrals into other areas.

To be honest this all feels (from my studies) very similar to the internal/external tussels with confused policies that took place in Britain after the Pax Britianica came to an end and each day seems even more like the economic, policical and miltaristic landscape of the pre WW2 era.

An elitists coup de tat is happening... where old money is being replaced by new money... all of it blood money... but the blood of slavery, resources and religion are being replaced by drugs, technology and debt.... all of it funded through war and weapon's sales

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join