It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn In Your Friends, Your Neighbors, Your Relatives, Your Children.. Join Infragard Today!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus
reply to post by recycled

Here is a snip.

On Wednesday, November 17, 2010, the InfraGard Atlanta Members Alliance will host our Annual Meeting from 9:00 am – 11:00 am with networking from 8:30 am – 9:00 am at the offices of the Atlanta FBI, 2635 Century Parkway, NE, Atlanta, GA. We will have a speaker and some chapter business to be conducted at the meeting, including how we are re-shaping the structure of the Board, Officers and working groups to better serve our mission and enable members to get involved. FBI Special Agent T. Michael Williamson present a case regarding Combating International Terrorism on U.S. soil, involving the recent case in Atlanta involving a Georgia Tech student.

Following our Annual meeting, for our members who choose to do so we have been invited to join the Atlanta chapter of ASIS in a joint meeting This meeting will begin at 11:30 am and will cost attendees $25 to attend.(Cost to cover lunch costs as is typical for ASIS meetings)
The topic presented will be on the Radicalization of Prison Populations. Members of the Atlanta Chapters of ASIS International and InfraGard will meet to learn more about this emerging concern from Wendy Kilpatrick, Sr. Intelligence Analyst, U.S. DOJ, FBI and Bureau of Prisons representatives. This panel presentation and discussion will afford attendees first-hand access to law enforcement officials who study this issue daily.

They have meetings all the time. This is the kind of stuff they discuss. you can find this info anywhere on the web if you look for it.

I too must say that I'm uneasy as well. In the previous post about the Nazi "tell on your neighbors and friends"...it was stated that many didn't even know they were playing the part of JUDAS GOAT.

sorry, but your "snip" really doesn't say anything about what this relationship with the FBI is all about except that it's a bunch of meetings to discuss meetings. So, you say there was a problem with a student at Georgia Tech? What was this person up to....can you relate to us what he/she did to be on the "List"?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Our last meeting was about hotel security. They are considered a soft target. It is nothing that is mind blowing by any means at these meetings. They discussed hotel security.

You notice how you can just walk into a motel most of the time and nobody will even be at the fron desk to greet you or anything? You could park a huge arse truck in front of it to blow it to hell and back if you really wanted to. this is the type of stuff we discuss, nothing more. We don't sit around a huge table in a dark room and discuss what our friends and neighbors are up to. In fact they are quite boring unless they are talking about something you are directly related to like my particular field in telecommunication transmissions and RF signaling. When they talk about this stuff all the other people go to sleep and my eyes get big like my kids at Christmas time lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

You can google it. It was important for our local chapter cause it was here in Atlanta.
CNN

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
www.infragard.net...

InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide range of members. At its most basic level, InfraGard is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United States. InfraGard Chapters are geographically linked with FBI Field Office territories. Learn more about InfraGard

OK everyone... Have at it!

edit on 11/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Sounds a lot like the adult version of SnapScouts, doesn't it?

snapscouts.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Yes. Or as Ventura put it the "Junior G-Men".

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

I never knew about them until right now and that is just wrong beyond belief. lets have a bunch of kids running around taking pictures that if caught could endanger their life. Now to me that is total BS.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Agreed.

It's dangerous all around. Should it ever happen, it would not be the first time in history that an innocent person was harmed by the overly exuberant reports of someone who believed they saw one thing when they were really seeing something else.

Regardless of how they try to turn it into something else, whether the adult version or the kid version, it is worse than dangerous ground when we begin to turn one another in for the reward of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I have been watching the Jessy shows today on tru tv, I knew about what is been going on in this nation as I do plenty of research, but when you see on live tv the reality and implications of it, it actually makes makes me mad as hell, mad that in my nation I am suppose to watch over my shoulder, not because of foreign terrorist but because the terrorist are my government and my neighbors.

This only shows the increasing uneasiness of the government and particular the private corrupted sector that are taking this nation to the ground without regards of the tax payers this corrupted entities are scare and trying to make sure that they squash the littler people anger and insurrection before it starts.

That is what is happening, we the common people are the biggest enemy to big interest running this nation.

Everything from our politicraps to business are been pay out by big money to see all of us as the enemy

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

My son is the one who alerted me to SnapScouts. Apparently he learned of it from his 7 and 8 year old daughters ... who learned about it at school.

I don't know what kind of world my granddaughters will be living in.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Has somebody seen the new episode of Jessy where it shows that detention centers has been built already in almost every state?.

We need a thread on this one as ATS has been following this detention camps for years.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

My son is the one who alerted me to SnapScouts. Apparently he learned of it from his 7 and 8 year old daughters ... who learned about it at school.

I don't know what kind of world my granddaughters will be living in.

Unfortunately they'll be living in a world similar to the one depicted in the Twilight Zone episode titled
"The Obsolete Man"
en.wikipedia.org...

but probably not for long...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You can google it. It was important for our local chapter cause it was here in Atlanta.
CNN

Thanks for sending me to CNN...looked for a few more sources and none of them were any more help than saying a young (22 year) old Muslim college student let his passions, at the moment in time, confuse him. The sentence for the THOUGHT CRIME he supposedly committed has been served. He's been in prison for the past 4 years. 15 more years would be ludicrous.

This should make for some interesting conversation at your citizen "G" men meetings on making examples of someone because of their ethnicity or beliefs.

I do not agree with the "new" turn in ones neighbor/friend/family policy. I do not agree with the inclusion of the American Citizen as a SPI, or mouthpiece for information the government so sorely needs on each and every citizen in our country.

I will never run away. I will stand up for my beliefs, and such citizen groups, no matter how many the government starts, will EVER make me change my mind. We loose our freedoms, what few we have little by little daily. Reminds me of some words by Patrick Henry:

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter... Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death![/q]

ETA: this is only a couple lines from the whole speech.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
...jesse ventura's shows sell fear and paranoia... he's a joke and the joke's on you if you believe he has any special viable information...

...infragard - its not a nazi thing... its about sharing information thats helpful to everyone in a community... its really no different than towns people getting together with their local police department and discussing awareness issues...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Rhadamanthus,
I do hope that if that time comes, you will not have served this organization for such a long time you begin to see you fellow man as an enemy without due warrant. I do hope if you were ever asked to spy on, or report one of your neighbors, family, or friends for "thought crimes" you would question the intent of the organization. I hope if and when you start to notice absolute injustice within the group you are involved with, you have the courage to walk away, and are at that point fully able to do so without fear for yourself. And if and when the time comes an honest disservice being committed against the citizens of this country from said group, I hope you will not have become so involved you are unable to see it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

He is very much in tune with ATS as I have been a member of ATS for many years and for many years most of the stuff in Jessy's show has been posted in this boards, from the fema camps to the coffins in GA.

Just research and you will find all that from before Jessy was doing its shows.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The topic presented will be on the Radicalization of Prison Populations....
What the MSM will not do is report what this "poor young man" did in prison.

Do some research on the subject. Just search for Radicalization of Prison Populations. It has the potential to be a real problem if it catches on. Prisons all over the world are hiring people to help combat the problem.

Are you telling me as well if you were sitting at a coffee house and you heard a few guys talking about a plan to blow up a local building or something you would not feel obligated to tell somebody that may be able to stop it?

I think people look into this like it is some kind spy network but it is far from that.

If you wanted to research it, fill out an application and see for yourself and then you will read posts like this and laugh. On the other hand I guess since the FBI is involved it is just a big huge conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I write this with sincerity. If it were to ever be anything like that at all or even lead me to think that it is something like that I would be the first to go.

I honestly love this country. It has major issues with privacy when it comes to the government. Just look at all my posts if you get bored.

I believe the government does do things that is not in the best interest of the people.
I believe they spray us with chemicals.
I believe that some in government want to get rid of people.
I believe they profit from war etc...

I really do believe that with all my heart. Believe it or not that episode on the organization is what brought it to my attention over a year ago. I wanted to find out what it is really about so I signed up and got accepted. I have attended meetings and have read thousands of documents about several different topics.

Not once have I ever been asked to spy on anybody. I am telling you that this group is nothing more then the FBI and regular people who take the security of the USA infrastructure seriously. Nothing more then that. I for one like going to bed at night not having to worry about if the Marta train I take to work in the morning is going to explode. I like taking my family to the High Museum of Art and not having to worry about a chemical bomb going off.

Like I said before if anything like the shenanigans you mentioned in your post to happen i will gladly walk away and spill my guts to ATS about the monstrosities and abominations in the organization.

I am a man of my word and I truly do mean that.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The topic presented will be on the Radicalization of Prison Populations....
What the MSM will not do is report what this "poor young man" did in prison.

Do some research on the subject. Just search for Radicalization of Prison Populations. It has the potential to be a real problem if it catches on. Prisons all over the world are hiring people to help combat the problem.

Are you telling me as well if you were sitting at a coffee house and you heard a few guys talking about a plan to blow up a local building or something you would not feel obligated to tell somebody that may be able to stop it?

I think people look into this like it is some kind spy network but it is far from that.

If you wanted to research it, fill out an application and see for yourself and then you will read posts like this and laugh. On the other hand I guess since the FBI is involved it is just a big huge conspiracy.

From what you posted, Radicalization of Prison Populations was the subject you would have to pay for, being presented by ASIS I thought. The Georgia Tech student was to be presented by Agent T. Michael Williamson at your annual meeting.

The Radicalization of Prison Populations has always been a spur in the side of the prison system. Will look into it more, sounds interesting....but it's something that's been around for quite a while....it is just escalating with the conditions we have to deal with in everyday life.

As for if I overheard someone talking about putting the kabosh on a local building or such...I am the type of person that would check it out before I would say anything to anyone. Basically, continue to listen, watch to see if they might be just goofing around, how nervous do they appear or are they laughing and relaxed. Bottom line, on leaving the premises, I would stop and ask them point blank if they planned on following thru with what they were discussing...their reaction to my question would be the nail as to whether they would be turned in or not.

Just because I heard it, doesn't warrant them being turned into the authorities.

fill out an application...???
sounds like an invite...

Seems like authorities have never enjoyed my truthful candor, but thanks for the fish.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
www.infragard.net...

InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide range of members. At its most basic level, InfraGard is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United States. InfraGard Chapters are geographically linked with FBI Field Office territories. Learn more about InfraGard

OK everyone... Have at it!

edit on 11/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo
This is exactly what the germans did in NAZI GERMANY. Tell me, where are the gas chambers. Just gass em and bulldoze into ditch for fertilizer. What , we going back in time now. Instead of progressing we are regressing, oh, please.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
From what you posted, Radicalization of Prison Populations was the subject you would have to pay for, being presented by ASIS I thought. The Georgia Tech student was to be presented by Agent T. Michael Williamson at your annual meeting.

True you have to pay for admission since they feed you. You never know what they are going to discuss unless like in this case they have a speaker. If they have a speaker from somewhere else they make an announcement I guess to get people excited about going. Even if the guy is with the FBI he is presenting the matter to a different group and sometimes they invite the local chapter members to attend. But like you noticed it is not free. The have stuff all over the country that you can attend but you have to pay for plane tickets, lodging, food etc.

They are pretty cheap if you ask me lol.

The Radicalization of Prison Populations has always been a spur in the side of the prison system. Will look into it more, sounds interesting....but it's something that's been around for quite a while....it is just escalating with the conditions we have to deal with in everyday life.

It is interesting and it has not always been about terrorist organizations either. They have a problem with white supremacy groups, the mafia, latino gangs, asian gangs, black gangs etc. Just now they seem to be focusing more on the terrorist side because they are afraid of recruitment of the home grown variety. Thats why racial profiling does not work IMO. A terrorist does not have to be from the middle east, they can be from anywhere. What a better way to recruit somebody then to make them feel good at probably one of the worst times in their life. Make them feel like they can be a part of something that can punish the people that put them in jail to begin with. I think all this has to be on a case by case basis cause you have to admit the US has plenty of people in jail that truly do not belong in prison. that system IMO is broke anyways.

As for if I overheard someone talking about putting the kabosh on a local building or such...I am the type of person that would check it out before I would say anything to anyone. Basically, continue to listen, watch to see if they might be just goofing around, how nervous do they appear or are they laughing and relaxed. Bottom line, on leaving the premises, I would stop and ask them point blank if they planned on following thru with what they were discussing...their reaction to my question would be the nail as to whether they would be turned in or not.

Just because I heard it, doesn't warrant them being turned into the authorities.

I agree 110% with you. Common sense will tell you when people are shooting the sh*t with each other and just screwing around etc. If you believe something is a viable threat then I honestly think you have a moral obligation to help stop it. Like if you saw a guy getting ready to rob a store. For some strange reason he don't see you but you see him going for a gun on his side. I would try to stop him if it would keep somebody from getting harmed. I know what you mean and it is a grey area even in my own head. If I feel that something is credible then we have to make a decision about what the right thing to do is.

fill out an application...???
sounds like an invite...

Seems like authorities have never enjoyed my truthful candor, but thanks for the fish.

Lol, I am no perfect citizen by any means, I am sure by posting on this site I am probably on some list somewhere. I did order some free books about Islam from Yemen awhile back so I am sure I am on a list anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join