It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn In Your Friends, Your Neighbors, Your Relatives, Your Children.. Join Infragard Today!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
www.infragard.net...

InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide range of members. At its most basic level, InfraGard is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United States. InfraGard Chapters are geographically linked with FBI Field Office territories. Learn more about InfraGard

OK everyone... Have at it!

edit on 11/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Or burn Inraguard down.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

uhm ... how about You give Us, the members, Your take, twist, thoughts or opinion on the matter so that we can formulate a more accurate and relevant response based upon the same... (?)

Personally,
I see it as little more than financial/business interests realizing and choosing to exploit a created sort of "fear factor" amongst the general populace as a whole.

where there's a 'need', there's greed.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

From the front page: Cynics might think the FBI Citizens' Academy is merely a public relations machine, a bragfest about how great the FBI is. Naturally, there's a bit of that.

But it is less about bragging and more about building relationships with community leaders so they'll be more open to cooperating with the bureau.

Okay, so does the FBI really use words like bragfest?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

My take on this is:

This is right out of 1984. Or Nazi Germany. For as long as I can remember I've wondered when it would come down to the government trying to pull something like this, and succeeding. And now it's right here, in your face. This should make people really think about being tight-lipped, even around co-workers, friends, relatives etc. It's really come to this. You could be next...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well I guess the cat is out of the bag!
I am a member and have been for a couple of years now. Oh noes!

It is not a domestic spying network of any kind at all. It is a great way to protect the infrastructure of the USA. The feds give you an idea of what to look for and we have many chapter meetings that discuss current events and how it relates to your field and everybody else's field at the same time.

I work in telecomm and takes these matters seriously. If you want to join all you have to do is go sign up and they will perform a background check on you and send you what you need to get started. It is a great place to discuss current events and like I said before protect the US from calamity.

Nothing is top secret or classified. Everything is classified to an extent but nothing crazy. See my signature.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So......not to discredit ATS, but I have to say the "reality" of this makes me second guess my involvement here regarding posts and such.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

I really don't see how Infragard is any different from this:

Living in Hitler’s Germany characterized every aspect of what is often referred to as a “police state.” Everyday Germans were drafted into Nazi control and secrecy, often without realizing it. By employing fear techniques, few government agents, such as the Gestapo, were actually needed to control the masses. Such tactics involved normal citizens willing to spy on neighbors, teachers reporting on what their students may have said in class, and monitoring newspaper and radio usage.

www.suite101.com...

Except that this is a formal government organization/network based on fear, whereas in Nazi Germany, it was an informal network based on fear.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by recycled
So......not to discredit ATS, but I have to say the "reality" of this makes me second guess my involvement here regarding posts and such.

Seriously man, unless you are planning to blow something up, murder a few people etc. you have nothing to worry about. People blow the organization way out of proportion because in the past they have denied people membership. I have had several background checks from the feds and have come up clear. I have clearance with the DOD as well so that makes it just that much easier for them to check me out.

If you have a shady background they will not let you in bottom line.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So what is it you are to "look" for. And is that why you are here? I notice you are a very new member. I don't usually question newness, unless it comes with a self professed attachment to, well the FBI.. lol
Seriously though, if it's not classified then you should be able to give the folks who don't want to join, and are truly curious, information as to what the organization is all about.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by recycled

Here is a snip.

On Wednesday, November 17, 2010, the InfraGard Atlanta Members Alliance will host our Annual Meeting from 9:00 am – 11:00 am with networking from 8:30 am – 9:00 am at the offices of the Atlanta FBI, 2635 Century Parkway, NE, Atlanta, GA. We will have a speaker and some chapter business to be conducted at the meeting, including how we are re-shaping the structure of the Board, Officers and working groups to better serve our mission and enable members to get involved. FBI Special Agent T. Michael Williamson present a case regarding Combating International Terrorism on U.S. soil, involving the recent case in Atlanta involving a Georgia Tech student.

Following our Annual meeting, for our members who choose to do so we have been invited to join the Atlanta chapter of ASIS in a joint meeting This meeting will begin at 11:30 am and will cost attendees $25 to attend.(Cost to cover lunch costs as is typical for ASIS meetings)
The topic presented will be on the Radicalization of Prison Populations. Members of the Atlanta Chapters of ASIS International and InfraGard will meet to learn more about this emerging concern from Wendy Kilpatrick, Sr. Intelligence Analyst, U.S. DOJ, FBI and Bureau of Prisons representatives. This panel presentation and discussion will afford attendees first-hand access to law enforcement officials who study this issue daily.

They have meetings all the time. This is the kind of stuff they discuss. you can find this info anywhere on the web if you look for it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This makes me uneasy, I am watching it on the Jessie Ventura show now and there answers arent making it better. Whereever there is power, there is not only the chance of abuse but the absoulte certiany that it will occur. You do not have to send someone to prision to ruin there life, just the investigation will often result in bankruptcy, diviorce, public discrace, etc. Its bad enough to have the federal goverenment almost completly free to do as it wishes but now we have to have corperations and privite citizens who dont even have to follow the few rules left.

scary

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

But are different members, employed if you will, to different sectors, or asked to look out for different things? So what is written in the "snip" you just posted is all that was discussed at your last meeting? And you didn't answer me as to whether or not this group is why you are here.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by recycled

If you notice the meeting is for the 17th of November. It has not happened yet. The snip that I included removed all the email address of the other members.

And no I am not here to spy on the community. I come here to discuss non traditional things that are often discounted right off the bat in other places. This is one of the few sites that actually let people discuss things openly and I for one personally enjoy that.

Edit: people are assigned to different projects relating to different sectors. Mine is telecommunications so that is what I work in. others are hotel operations, power line people, water, energy etc. You can discuss anything with everybody but you have a focus and that is your profession that you are tied to. It is all about expertise and nothing more.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Incredible, our nation is no better than Nazi Germany before Hitler became from a regular politician to a killing dictator.

All this groups like Infragard, the FBI, CIA, homeland of deception and private security agencies are nothing but corrupted entities pay by private interest to cash out on Americas ignorant and trusting people.

Our nation is run by private interest and they no necessarily belong to one group along, our nation is been torn apart by different groups with a lot of money and the higher bider gets the best portions, while recruiting trusting and ignorant Americans to take sides.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I just saw this on the Jesse Ventura show. Pretty crazy stuff, makes me wonder how many neighbors I've had that may have been spies. I kinda wonder what it would be like to legally be able to spy on someone. I don't know if I could turn anyone in on a BS call though, just because they may have said a trigger phrase or something. Maybe I'm not the best for the job.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I just saw this on the Jesse Ventura show. Pretty crazy stuff, makes me wonder how many neighbors I've had that may have been spies. I kinda wonder what it would be like to legally be able to spy on someone. I don't know if I could turn anyone in on a BS call though, just because they may have said a trigger phrase or something. Maybe I'm not the best for the job.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 12-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: not relevant, after further reading

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am sorry I didn't look at the date of the "snip" you provided. I guess I was hoping you would have given us a "sneak peak" if you will into a meeting. Giving us more to go on than what "will be" discussed, and something more along the lines of what "has been" discussed.
Am I wrong, with all that is going in our world right now to feel it is our right as citizens to keep each other informed of what is going on? If it is nothing, then there should be nothing wrong with sharing the information, the only thing to hide is something that is "wrong", and not actually benefiting the citizens of this country.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You know my grandfather came from Germany. My dad was born in Germany too and when people quote stuff like this they have no idea what really went on at that time besides what they have read. Their is no excuse for the monstrosities that went on during that time. Believe it or not you did not have a choice of what you wanted to do during that time. I had a great uncle that watched his entire family get shot in the head for him denouncing the Nazis and not taking part in the cleansing of the mother land.

My grandfather fled the country and ended up enlisting in England to fight the Nazi movement. Bottom line is that a lot of people fled or just turned the other way, many died for their stating the opinions- the others that stayed were just weak minded goons that were to afraid to stand up for themselves and did what they did to live. Was it right what they did? To me it was not but sometime people do what they do to survive even if it is wrong.

Comparing the US to Nazi Germany is just insane IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join