It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeeman Crater - NASA editing at it's finest?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Zeeman Crater

Well this one is an older find, but recent events in China brought it up... so I figured it was a good time to get away from the missile launch in California and get back to space

A long time ago... When Clementine flew...

Zeeman Crater
Co-ordinates
Lat -70 ~ Long 137 (original Navy cords given for V 1.5 browser)

Source: US NAVY Clementine Browser
www.nrl.navy.mil...

This older anomaly image has been much discussed on the web as evidence of NASA cover up and 'air brushing'. This clip came from the Clementine Version 1.5 Browser, which has since been replaced by the version 2.0. It does not show up in the color images. Since we have no way of seeing what was under this splotch... that was pretty much the end of the discussion, and since there was no info on which crater this was, it ended up on the back burner.

But in a recent thread about the new China Moon mission, Chang'E-2... a Chinese tabloid posted this image in an article claiming the Chinese had taken images of this area and would expose NASA. The article on the original 'news' site is already gone but the story is covered on ATS on this thread.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Zeeman Crater From Chinese News Tabloid

A translation of the article... (after much joking about 'Rice Birds' and 'Moon Pidgeons' thanks to Google translation) was offered by XenonTX

Originally posted by XenonTX
中共中央、国务院、中央军委对嫦娥二号工程任务取得圆满成功发贺电,并且举行规格非常高的庆功会,温家宝总 理亲自出席并揭幕照片。这么高的规格,这么隆重的庆功会,非同一般,绝对有故事。

小道消息,爆料了爆料了,路边社消息,嫦娥探月工程发现神秘物体 与NASA发现的一样。说在月亮上发现了不可思议的东西鸟,内部产生了巨大的分歧,国家有关的领导也来看过了,� �是TMD的震惊,终于知道米国人害怕的是什么鸟,里面有个重量级别的人物想公开,但是反对的力量很大!

My translation.

China Communist Central, National Assembly and Chinese Army Committee (pardon on the names) sent congratulation telegraphs over the success of the Chang'e Lunar Mission, and organized a grand celebration function. Wen Jiabao personally attended this function to reveal the photo. (or it may mean to open up the function). Such a grand and high profiled function are not normal and definitely have something behind this event.

A rumor has it that the Chang'e Lunar Exploration found a mysterious object similiar to what NASA have found. Said to be some unbelievable object. The internal committee had a big disparity over this and those important national leaders have all came and viewed it. It is freaking/#ing astonishing, finally know what the # the americans are afraid of. There are important figures who wants to reveal this finding but the forces that oppose this is huge as well.

( kindly note, bird in chinese/ mandarian relates to cock/dick. Which is similar to saying, " what the # that they are afraid of " rather than , "what bird that they are afraid of." )

米国人 - translation would turn this out to be "rice country people" or something. But i summarize it the poster might be typing without editing as it should be 美 "mei" instead of 米 "mi" for americans.

TMD - a short form for a chinese vulgar , a " honorable" way of asking for ur mom.

After all this is a sidestory on the news, you can't expect the language to be in proper chinese or without vulgar to be able to run through a translator.
edit on 12-11-2010 by XenonTX because: addtional explanation.

edit on 12-11-2010 by XenonTX because: correction on first sentence.

Zeeman Crater From Google Moon

So now that this was brought up again I 'reopened' the case. In the ATS thread mentioned above, OmegaLogos (in THIS post) went and looked up the area of the Clementine photo on Google Moon. This now gives us a name for the crater... ZEEMAN CRATER

Well the first thing we see in the Google Moon image is another smudge... But I have never considered Google Moon to be of much value in anomaly hunting... But yet, like the Clementine image, there is another smudged out area.

Zeeman Crater From Google Moon - Lunar Orbiter Series

Google Moon also has the old Lunar Orbiter Data set online now, taken in 1966-67. Looking at the same crater we see this...

I have not yet identified which Lunar Orbiter took this image so I do not yet have the original image number that this data set was taken from. I wish Mike was still here but maybe ArMaP can help me track it down. But looking on the internet I see there are several Youtube videos on this object already. I took a year off... seems I have some catching up to do. From an article here;

Huge Alien Struction on Dark Side of Moon - ufosearchonline.com
ufosearchonline.com...

Lunar Orbiter Data Set Google Moon

2000 Data Set Google Moon

Zeeman Crater
Huge Alien Structure Revealed
Far Side of the Moon 2010 PHOTOS

Huge Alien Struction on Dark Side of Moon
Sep 6, 2010

Here is a video which depicts a massive rectangular shaped impression into the dark side of the moon, accompanied with straight raised tier and terraces. This massive structure is situated right next to the Zeeman Crater. Unfortunately, the most recent images we get from NASA have been air brushed, but the original one’s from the 1960′s clearly show this object in this video.

To see both the original and air brushed images go to Google Earth / Moon, and enter these coordinates:

Long: 73° 08′ 30 S Lat: 145° 40′ 40 W

SOURCE

Strange crater on the Moon !!! Google Earth

xxxAlethxxx
July 30, 2009
!!! IMPORTANT !!! Configuration : 'Mozaic Lunar Orbiter'
Zeeman Crater - Google Earth - Moon
73°08'30 S ; 145°40'40 W
Article: Etranges structures sur la Lune...

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This has already been posted in a couple of places but I hope they make your post the active one. You give information, photos, the works, the others posts you kinda have to dig for it.

They are no way near as thorough!

edit on 11/12/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

I am still on the fence with this one though, maybe it's a missing space shuttle, military base or maybe it is an alien something or other. . .
edit on 11/12/2010 by AnteBellum because: forgot topic

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It really does look like a digital watch, but that's beside the point. Why is it smudged out if it's a natural structure? It makes no sense to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah I pinched a thread from Ickes forum and reposted here - it got a lot of attention too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You say there are LO data sets? you got a link for them please?

Still looking for the Collier images used in his Mars Moon lecture:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Great Stuff! What the heck is behind than pencil erasure smudge anyway? You Know it is something

Hot! Isn't that the Choo Choo Train with the Alien version of Paris Hilton Conducting?

Great time for the host to finally reveal what is behind Curtain Number 1, wouldn't you say?

At least it would take everyone s minds off the current economic chaos that they have created.

Thanks for sharing those pix!
S&F

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As a new member I am just getting into NASA and all their dodgy business, editing video and photos.
And all I can say is I am shocked that a public funded organisation can get away with not releasing raw data so everyone gets to analyze the information.

And to the people that come on and say NASA are great, and believe any little excuse they give, Please dont humour us.

ONE QUESTION - Why manipulate and edit photos and videos of somewhere supposedly there aint nothing?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Bump for Justice!

Lets all donate a few dollars, have some private company build a satellite and take our own damn photos of the moon. Uncensored and live!

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The artifact is a result of stretching the image to fit the Digital Elevation Model.
Here's the original Lunar Orbiter image. Frame V-5021 M.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c39b298b7d41.png[/atsimg]

There are a few areas in the global mosaic where spikes or artifacts in the ULCN 2005 topographic or digital elevation model (DEM) caused artifacts or errors in the LO mosaic. For each pixel in a LO frame, radius values from the same site in the DEM file are used to project the pixel onto the surface. Pronounced artifacts in the DEM were propagated to the projected LO image data. The resulting pattern in the LO mosaic is a "log cabin" or "checkerboard" effect where the image data is compromised in a few isolated areas.

www.mapaplanet.org...

Here's a different LO image of Zeeman

edit on 11/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Count me in,,,,as far as imagination,,,,for we both know we would never make it past the SDI .

It will take no less than another government's own space program to reveal this stuff if U.S.A./Nasa/JPL

refuses to do so. Even then "Malfunctions" can occur.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

With all due respect Phage,

I would say that the "Timex Watch" enhancements don't really fall into the

category of elevational stretching. Just saying. Regards......W
edit on 12-11-2010 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It would be much easier if everybody used the real images available instead of images that were created on-the-fly by the image browser, those images have been available for some years, here, for example.

I think I have posted the image before, so I will look for them.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Do you see a "watch" in the original images?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Granted things in space work a lot differently then they do on earth. I know all these missions are in fact difficult. I could not personally imagine the time, effort and skill it takes to maneuver a flying camera over 250k miles away. It is a feat by itself. The expense of the high tech equipment is dumbfounding to me.

With that being said.....

I can go out and take pictures with my $99 digital camera and compose a mosaic of photos and not suffer any of the setbacks that NASA seems to have with their photos.

Like I said before I completely understand the complexity. I know it is taking pictures at different altitudes, slopes etc but so do the same satellites that take pictures of Earth and you don't see any of that like you see on the moon photos.

I might be just missing the complexity of it all but I can go to the pier and take 12 different photos of the horizon from the pier, take them home and splice them together to make a pretty panoramic pictures with my $99 camera. I just don;t get it and please feel free to enlighten me cause I am really a novice at this stuff and do not know much about the technicality's behind it.

On another note I cant wait to see those pictures from those two German satellites you posted about in another post. The ones that run parallel to each other I do believe?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

It's not nearly as simple as stitching photographs together. They are taking flat images and "stretching" them to fit a 3D terrain model (as well as a "round" Moon). Strange things can happen when you do that. They do a good job for the most part but it's never perfect...even on Earth.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a8e90bf2c17.jpg[/atsimg]

That road does not climb the hillface and there is no giant watch on the edge of Zeeman crater as can be seen in the original images from which the 3D mosaic was made.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I understand what you are saying now. Thanks for that.

I guess I really did not understand the whole stretching of a flat picture over a 3d model idea.

Are the regular photos available before they have been manipulated? I am pretty sure they would smudge something out in the original photo as well or would you not be able to see these things because it would be just a regular photo? If that makes any sense to you. I know what I am trying to say but I can't put it into words to well.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
You say there are LO data sets? you got a link for them please?

Yeah the LO data set that the 'watch' image came from is being used on google moon. I have not had time yet to match the location to the actual high res LO images. Its not easy without an image number as there were five LO missions. If your over at Icke's place maybe you can get hold of Mike to help find it (if he hasn't done so already) that would save time

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah thanks
I was away when this one came up last time... but the Chinese issue brought it up again so this time I am here. Thanks for finding the image needed.

Edit to add.

Hmmm very odd... you say the image # is LO-V-5021 M

But LPI has this image labeled LO-V-5021M

From here
www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 12-11-2010 by zorgon because: because Phage told me too

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is Zeeman crater.

This image came from the Clementine archive I posted above. I don't remember if these are the same photos used by the Clementine image browser (I think they were but I'm not sure), maybe they are from the another wavelength.

As the image is too big I can only post a link.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, in this pic you posted

Here's a different LO image of Zeeman

Theres a lot of things that look like "Lego Blocks" ( best way I could explain them)
Mainly in the top half..I assume the scale would make them very large. They appear to have very straight edges and perfect corners..Some have the dimples,hence the Lego Block notion.
As there appears to be quite a few of these features and that would be hard to imagine in a natural sense, are they some form of artifact from editing and manipulation of the film?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It just looks like an artifact in the image from software.

The blurred out image on the other hand is interesting...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join