It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Really Releasing a Droid/ Iphone App?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Seriously? Because I think that would be an amazing idea. I think there is enough of a base here for an app to have success. Do you agree or disagree? Vote with your flags, lets hear those replies, and please keep this post up mods!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

Agree!

I see people with something in their posts that says "posted from mobile app."

I have a Moto Droid. Do us first!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I would install it in a heartbeat.
Second line: I have an android phone.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No need, IMO.

If you surf abovetopsecret.com on iPhone's "Safari" browser and turn the device to the horizontal view this website is VERY VERY mobile browser compatible.

Looks great!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'd get it for Droid. ATS, make an app please. Much easier to keep up with events for us on the go.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Now that I think about it your right.
Everything works fine on my android phone except chat voyer and the videos.

Before anyone asks, yes I do have flash installed.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Would not hesitate to use it.

Have a samsung galaxy android

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Agreed, it does look great on safari, but I just like the breakdown of content that an app provides. I get a nice breakdown by topics, videos, could get status updates when someone replies to a post of mine, or one i replied to. I'm just sayin

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have a moto cliq and android 1.6, and using the browser that comes standard I have no problems surfing the site from the phone.

I would like to see how the app would do, but with no problems the way it is, it might not be needed for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This has been posted in the board issues forum and the site owner stated that since the sight is easily accessible from handheld browsers that they wouldn't put the time, money, and effort into creating an app. This was as of about a month ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I could have sworn I read somewhere RECENTLY that skeptic o. said apps were on the way!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Oh trust me, I'm the last one to say that I know for a fact that I'm right on this one. I'm in school five nights a week so I could have easily missed an update on the issue. I just know that thread was in the board issues forum a month, maybe two, ago. I hope they do it though, because it would be ubber nice.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
SO has stated that they will be releasing apps for android and iOS.

I'll edit the link here in a few

ETA:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Jenna
Any chance of getting it to quit doing that SO?

For now your best bet is to use the mobile site: m.abovetopsecret.com
Relatively soon, we'll be rolling out a more advanced mobile website with full-ATS features... along with apps for iOS and Android.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-11-2010 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Thank you for that information Portugoal. My last phone required me to use m.abovetopsecret.com.
I can't wait to see the new app for the android based phones.

Edit to add: Anyone using an android based phone have trouble viewing videos on ATS? Totally off topic but its bugging me.
edit on 11/12/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

Edit to add more: I have a motorola droid rooted phone with the latest lithium mod and live in an area where I cant get dsl or cable and I am using my wireless tether app using 3g and its at least 5 times faster than my satellite internet service.
edit on 11/12/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2010 by madmangunradio because: Another thread dead. Karma dieing slowly.....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe mods should look at it from this perspective. The app would be more practical in a real world situation. A cop does something he/she shouldn't, you get great footage of s UFO, or catch Bigfoot out in the open. Your out and check the app to find out war has broken out or martial law is coming to your city. What better way and quicker to have real time posts when they happen on the spot instead of waiting till you get back to a computer with an Internet connection. Especially with the ability to upload images and embed video. Let people know what's going on faster and more up to date. That is the best reason for an app for iPhone and android.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Android and iOS apps would be awesome...the sooner the better! These mobile platforms are quickly becoming the way many people spend time on the Internet.

On another note, I wonder if this has anything to do with ATS Mobile being down for a few weeks?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why? LOL

ATS looks amazing via Safari on iPhone/iTouch. One of the few webpages that does...

You want an APP? Simply Bookmark ATS via Safari and "Create Icon" for your desktop

edit on 30-11-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
there's an ATS ipad app for Mr. Masks's incredible comic available in the app store

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just FYI, i develop iPhone apps as a bit of a hobby and i wanted to view the website a little easier and cleaner than the m.abovetopsecret.com site. So i built an app which aggregates all of the rss feeds for each section of the site as well as the twitter/facebook/youtube feeds and more recently the "all media" feed.
I have just been using it for myself for the last 2 or 3 months but then i realised that other people may like it. I have contacted Admin today and asked if i can put it on the App Store, even if it is as the "unoffical app".

I am working on an Android version also, but that may take a few weeks as I am relatively new to that platform.

Here is a few pics:
(you will see in the last picture that you can drag any of the items in the "more" tab into the main bar to customize which topics you would like easy access to.)

thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join