It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Moon Photos Fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is interesting... I did a search bit could not find this previously posted, which I thought strange.

A bit of info ;

Lunar Photos or Hoax?

The following link contain a comparison photo of a NASA and China lunar image ;

Nasa - China Image

Thoughts?

edit on 11-11-2010 by _Highlander_ because: Spelling.

edit on 11-11-2010 by _Highlander_ because: links fixed.

edit on 11-11-2010 by _Highlander_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
NM

edit on 11-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

My thought at the moment is why your links aren't working....

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sorry,"terchtonic.org" does not exist or is not available.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Links fixed.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What should we think?

A.) USA & NASA all lied about going to the moon. Which if true is probably the greatest conspiracy ever considering all the people that took part in the cover-up.

B.) China copied NASA's picture and enhanced it (altered it) to make it look different because China and (answer A above) is part of a greater conspiracy.

C.) China took a photo of the same spot NASA did for comparative analysis which would yield them more information then just filming the first thing they looked at. Plus I believe there is an orbit around a body which is more efficient so they would also be on the same trajectory as initial missions.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

his links work, I don't see what the big deal is about one extra crater

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Isn't it possible that the crater was made AFTER the NASA photo was taken? This doesn't really strike me as "fishy"....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If USA is accusing China of photo shopping their photos, I would have to disagree.

The two photos are obviously taken from slightly different angles, at different times.

Here is an overlay of the two images. The Chinese photo appears larger than the nasa copy, the shadows are completely different and their angles are different as well. - The golden right is the reference for both photos, they were both aligned on that point.

A.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Analyzing because: Description

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It would not be the first time China used images from Nasa and claimed them as their own. A few years ago they were caught red handed doing this.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyzing
If USA is accusing China of photo shopping their photos, I would have to disagree.

The two photos are obviously taken from slightly different angles, at different times.

Here is an overlay of the two images. The Chinese photo appears larger than the nasa copy, the shadows are completely different and their angles are different as well. - The golden right is the reference for both photos, they were both aligned on that point.

A.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Analyzing because: Description

What would be the odds of their camera being almost exactly in postion as the NASA image and as approximately the same sun angle (time)? Answer: atronomical.

What would be the odds of the Chinese being able to manipulate a image a small number of degrees this way or that and add s small crater?. Answer: When NASA (Chinese?) computers can take individual images and weave a virtual low-level flight through the landscape of Mars, why can't they just slightly manipulate a Moon image? Let them release tons oft heir own images. That will be the proof. I really have no position on this one way or another, but the days are over when UFOs can be denied out of hand and when any picture can be accepted as being just exactly what it was.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for your post.

Do you any more any information on this?

What were they caught red-handed with specifically?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Highlander_
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for your post.

Do you any more any information on this?

What were they caught red-handed with specifically?

Well my bad apparently I am wrong. When China started their lunar missions they released a photo that was originally claimed as a NASA photo that China used as their own.

Instead it was a Chinese photo that had been doctored, but only to remove a crater for some reason. Sorry about that.

Source

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No worries Mate.

That sounds interesting anyway, why would they remove a crater? Just one crater?

Is the image for the doctored image in the link?

I can't access your link from my location, but will have a look from another PC later on.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It is.. If you can access google or yahoo just type in Chinese moon photo fake and it should bring a bunch of results. If that doesnt work let me know and I will download and re-upload the photos here.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

So i was going to do the NASA photo and the China photo, colorize them and compare one to the other. Then i saw the "overlay" and sais, "why not". I proceeded to add color and i started seeing faces on the surface of the Moon/ The thought struct my mind that if this were indeed true than the question of China copying the photograph or not was moot.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
d

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This was posted on ATS a long time ago and I still don't see the problem with an extra crater appearing over a period of years because the moon goes through the Perseid meteor shower (and many others) just like we do so it would be more suspicious if NO visible new craters appeared over time. With no atmosphere to burn up / slow down space rocks, the moon surface gets hit regularly by objects ranging from very very small to very large with their speed unimpeded so the impacts can be huge (0.5m.v^2) from objects that wouldn't even make it to the ground here on earth thanks to our atmospheric buffer. On the moon, every rock on a collision course gets to hit the surface with no terminal velocity limit whatsoever.

join