It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You See The Fire In The NYC Sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

Originally posted by JWash
Here's the video...

Here's another, where someone enhanced the video brightness...

That too me, really looks like a near earth comet/meteorite zooming by.

And this came out today on Faux news...
Global Plan Emerging to Combat Asteroid Threat

Nice find

That does look large at the front of the glowing "Object"
WTF...

It's moving too fast to be from a plane.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hmm I like that reduced brightness vid, what ever it is is definitely dipping and weaving up and down quite noticeably. Definitely to fast for any contrail im familiar with its to damn short also, most ive ever seen are great big long lasting trails, This one reminds me more like the meteor trails ive seen on occasion.

The first skyscraper (is that the Empire state building?) has a flashing light on it that gets bright then goes dark and starts up again... anyone familiar with that buildings spire lights cycle and timing able to tell us if this film is in anyway speed up?

Definitely interesting this week and the next, odd 'contrails', this light and NASA's coming press conference for something along with that Chinese thing that could be in relation to it... wont get my hopes up but ill definitely be in an optimistic buzz for a few days

Edit:- I also more or less think it could be a regular contrail being filmed from a fast moving Helicopter. Pitty the skyline isnt more easily visible if we could see distant buildings that where moving at a similar rate to the trail as the helicopter was moving then we'd at least know if this was in fact its real speed or just a neat illusion. Muddies it somewhat, although you can see some fore ground buildings in the beginning and they are moving by at a good clip, so its speed is more than likely just an illusion.

edit on 11-11-2010 by BigfootNZ because: Meep

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
the Mt. Merapi eruption volcanic ash is circling the globe.
I think this may be the reason for the color in the air.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

yes it is.....
What if these things start poppin up every where dun dun dunnn...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Referring to your statement of Faux and the astroid deal:

As someone pointed out in the original California missile thread, Von Braun stated to his sectary that TPTB would first try communism, next terrorism, then astroids, and finally extra terrestrials. Google it....it kinda makes one think.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Dude, Ive been known about blue-beam Orion theory
its all deception for ufologist and to those that dont know about ufology will be scared anyways lol

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Notice how at first the camera panning to track the object is slowly adjusted to the speed of the object? Well then look at the buildings as the camera pans, It stays directly in front of the buildings. In order for a chem trail to look like it's moving, (moving to the right in this case) The camera would have to be panning in the opposite direction.

Instead it is tracking the object and slowly catches up to stay even with it. Because at first the object is moving faster than the camera.

And i to thought there was a lot of wobbling up and down from the object. But with the video quality, And the fact that you have what looks like cloud cover, The lighting around the object appears to get distorted. So it is really hard to tell.

And the comet theory doesn't sound right to me. I believe but not certain, That a comet would travel much faster.Just my opinion. I am by far no expert.

Bottom line is There is no way that was a chem trail. Observation should rule that out right away.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe it's pieces of whatever that missle hit,,
the one that is a plane, or was it that an optical illusion, no i think they agreed on hobby kit, ya whatever that hobby kit, hit. lol

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Meteors hit the earth's atmosphere 24/7.
You just don't see them during the day very often.
It's too fast to be a plane.
The trail is too short-lived to be a contrail anyways.
Same for a missile.
Very irregular trail.
That leaves meteor by default.

New yorkers have forgotten there's a sky over their heads.
Truly sad.
UFO/Balloons, er, ...I don't even want to discuss it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If thats condensation then my Chris Johnson is a blur of fog.
Second Line

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sounds like the start of the STAR WARS Program often mentioned by the young Pres. Bush before.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Not trying to sound like a total idiot...but of all the meteors I have personally seen, they tend to come down towards the earth & gravity instead of cruising along a skyline dipping up & down...I have also seen many missiles on the West Coast mainly from Vandenberg & they were going up & out towards the sea. None of the missiles I saw traveled in a way of the NYC light...the missiles they shot at sunset were always the best because as soon as it was dark, the contrail would be in rainbow colors.
The 1st time I ever saw a missile contrail was at sunset, from Vandenberg, & I had just arrived in Williamson Valley AZ...which is 20 miles N of Prescott. I phoned friends in Los Angeles to find out what was happening.

Anyway of the few missile launches I have seen, they did not lok nor travel in the way of OPs unidentified.

Ektar

EDIT The CA trail looks like the Vandenberg missile test I have observed in the past.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Ektar because: left something out...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
The first skyscraper (is that the Empire state building?) has a flashing light on it that gets bright then goes dark and starts up again... anyone familiar with that buildings spire lights cycle and timing able to tell us if this film is in anyway speed up?

Yes, it's the Empire State Building. Looked out my back window to compare the light to the video (I can see it from my place in Brooklyn very easily...it's a BIG building). The light seems like it is flashing at the right speed (good idea, btw).

I live right under one of the approaches for Laguardia Airport and even coming much lower and closer then this object would have to be, this thing appears to be moving way faster than any planes coming in for a landing, at least (which, of course are slowing down by that point, but...)

I think it's a largish meteor streaking through the upper atmosphere during sunset. If it was during the night, it would appear much brighter, if mid-day, you probably would hardly notice it at all. It looks very strange, but I think that's the best explanation.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If this thing is supposedly as fast as some people say it is...

Then I didn't see a "fireball" but perhaps something similar to it back on Jul 13, 2006. (I only remember the date because it was odd enough to make a blog post entry about.) The only reason I saw it is that it was really quiet and I thought somebody was dragging a plastic trash can on the driveway. (The sound is peculiar in that regard.) Looked out and around at the neighbor's houses, nobody around. What the hell is making that noise then? Then I thought enough to look up. And was lucky enough to see a thin dashed contrail straight up that formed from horizon to horizon in under a minute. Airliners and even most normal military jets don't even go that fast. (By my estimate, they usually take about 5 minutes.) Whatever it was that made it had to be something rather impressive.

Now over a place like a major city, most people probably would have never noticed it. The noise would have been masked by ambient city traffic sounds, and the contrail just blending into the mix of those from normal air traffic.

The SR-71 has been retired for a good while now, I'm pretty sure they have some decent new toys that have replaced it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It is just a fast moving jet with a short lived contrail, that just means the atmosphere was dry over NYc at that point, the drier the atmosphere the quicker the contrail disappears. It is far too slow to be a meteor // comet.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have a question, in regards to this event, and the missile that was fired off in Cali, the other day. Has anyone even bothered to ask the question as to HOW these 'events' were recorded 'LIVE'? And, with all the cameras, cell phones with cameras, etc....is this the ONLY footage that is 'available'? How is it, that these 2 'events' were recorded by the MSM? In this case, was the news helicopter just flying around, wasting valuable fuel, looking for something...or did they KNOW in advance, that this 'event would occur? Doesn't anyone think it's a little peculiar, that this video footage was captured by the news media, and no one else? Or am i missing something?

I brought that up because it seems like the same thing that happened on 911. The only footage that is available, is the same 4 0r 5 shots, that EVERYONE has seen over and over again. How is it possible, that no other video footage is available for that day???

It seems to me...like TPTB want to cause a rift in people finding out the 'truth'. I also believe the goal is to make the 'boy that's crying wolf' (truthers), look like idiots, and crazy kooks...BEFORE it all comes to a creshendo. Once people get turned off to the crying, that's when the big bad wolf is GONNA show up; and TRUST me, he's gonna show. When he decides to do it, is anyone's guess...i believe our screaming and yelling is keeping them at bay. They CANT let people wake up!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It is just a fast moving jet with a short lived contrail, that just means the atmosphere was dry over NYc at that point, the drier the atmosphere the quicker the contrail disappears. It is far too slow to be a meteor // comet.

It's way too fast to be a jet. I live in NYC and know what a jet passing behind the NY skyline will look like, and it would appear to be moving much, much slower than that relative to the buildings in the foreground.

If it is a jet, it's moving at thousands of miles per hour, not hundreds, and I didn't hear any huge sonic booms something like that would create in the lower atmosphere (I have heard the Space Shuttle coming in over Southern California when I lived in Los Angeles, so I know what that sounds like).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join