It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference - "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Cannot wait for this! It's nothing they have already reported, must be a new find of which is of high importance, enough to warrant a conference at least.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Far reach but the Agency object mabey. I dont know and they are supposed to uncloak over chicago in 4 days.
Guess we shall see.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by herky187

Hmm, they work for me.. They are images from Chinas state-ran media that show smudged out objects on the moon and some other odd looking images.. They seem to think it is big news because they unveiled the pictures in front of gov. officials and celebrated. Not sure if they are just happy their probe worked or if they really found something significant. They were saying NASA found the same objects though, whatever they may be.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If it's an infared sat I agree, this could be the confirmation we have been waiting for. If it's what I think it is, too bad Z.S. passed away last month. A lot of people would owe him an apology.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Far reach but the Agency object mabey. I dont know and they are supposed to uncloak over chicago in 4 days.
Guess we shall see.

I have thought of that as a possibility as well. While we have seen quite a few predictions and quite a few startling events recently, I haven't been able to truly objectively say that they are connected. The Agency is certainly one of the most intriguing things we conspiracy nuts have had to mull over in some time - I have high hopes for the Agency, though there hasn't been any certain evidence for their existence yet... The Russia videos of what looked to be something burning up in the atmosphere was probably the best supporting evidence yet, but even then - nothing certain.

Still waiting on a reply from Mr. Perrotto, guys. Chandra has made many discoveries in the past 6 months or so, but all have been announced without mystery or a live TV conference (to my knowledge). This may be something special.

As somebody already said, Mr. Zecharia Stitchin might regain a bit of respect in the next week

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe the "object" is what the California missile was being fired at??

(I was saying that in jest, but then again....
)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well i for one wont be making any "assumptions" funny tho that the new webbot tipping point was set for the 14th november, and nasa are coming out with an "object" in our solar system on the 15th?

could webbot have been a day out? could what nasa tell us change everything? hmmm guess we will just have to wait and see huh?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I predict its going be something boring, please, flag me so I can sell in the black market

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I wouldn't say necessarily within the Milky Way, to me cosmic neighbourhood would be the local group of galaxies. So within a few tens of millions of light years. But I may be wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Yes, if you're a cosmologist. I guarantee that for the rest of us it will be like announcing the discovery of a new sub-species of beetle in the Amazon.

Actually, probaby less interesting than that.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is the first I have heard of this through this thread, but a strange coincidence.. I have a friend who's brother works with the European space agency. he told me last week that, that his brother is working crazy hours. The reason was due to scientists having just discovered some kind anomaly in our solar system.. He didn't elaborate any more than that, and I didn't ask any questions. I didn't think anything of it, until now, Not sure if it is even connected to this story but thought I would put it here anyway. I will try and get some more details..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I will be waiting patiently for the news

-rrr

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthd840
They are talking about the Gamma Ray Bubbles bulging out the center of our galaxy. intereseting to hear what they will say

not sure that will be the case - that's already been announced.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
it`ll probably be nothing, it seems like every few months NASA announce they`ve found water on mars, and then forget about it and make the same announcement later on. If it was something life changing/important in the nibiru/inhabited planet vein then i`m sure NASA wouldn`t be bothering with a pre warned press conference, they would do one immediately.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronnikx
reply to post by herky187

Hmm, they work for me.. They are images from Chinas state-ran media that show smudged out objects on the moon and some other odd looking images.. They seem to think it is big news because they unveiled the pictures in front of gov. officials and celebrated. Not sure if they are just happy their probe worked or if they really found something significant. They were saying NASA found the same objects though, whatever they may be.

The first picture is this one

Originally from here (i guess they changed it by now i got that like a year ago) clementine sat

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"exceptional object" - means a unique object. Something out of the ordinary. Probably just a new form of star or something.

"Cosmic neighborhood" does not mean this solar system. That would be our "cosmic house". They mean something in our galaxy or perhaps in the local cluster.

Again, it's probably just some boring star that is unique in some way that is only detectable with some new satellite they have (justifying the funding).

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
gamma bubbles.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

please understand ..our us government has axed the NASA program .... for reasons beyond understading .. and now nasa is trying to tell us the truth ... the question here is ..how do we ..open a door for NASA to release this information .. without disclosure ...they know what our hearts tell us ..but are blocked with government walls ....the peolple need to stand up and demand the truth not just about this ..but about everything ..follow your hearts america ..your WILL is about to be tested in a way never seen ...not even seen from the times of WWII

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by originunknown
gamma bubbles.

Is that some new Japanese pop star?

Joking aside, Chandra didn't discover the gamma ray structures, Fermi did. This was stated earlier in the thread. But alas, you couldn't take the time to read the thread, and only too enough time out of your day to post a noncontextual 2 word statement.

We wouldn't want you to over exert yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by St Udio

I wouldn't say necessarily within the Milky Way, to me cosmic neighbourhood would be the local group of galaxies. So within a few tens of millions of light years. But I may be wrong.

Tsk Tsk there are so many interpretations of local neighborhood.

Local Solar system - that goes out nearly 2 light years. I would start there.

Yes, its possible its a quadrant or outer limb galactic thing.

My money is on LOCAL from the orbit of saturn to asteroid belt*, despite chandra focusing

on very distant galaxies near quasars 8 billion light years away! (but a kuiper belt object is

also very possible) -

it may turn out to be SITCHIN'S REVENGE!

edit on 11/11/2010 by drphilxr because: little caveat added

edit on 11/11/2010 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join