It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh look another thread about freemasonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by JoshNorton

Hah! Well, I'll take a beer offered to me, but I enjoy sweet tea better.
As far as it goes, however, with as many people as think me and Augustus are one and the same, I may take him up on that, should he offer.

you mean your not?

Oh I am confused now.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Hah hah!
Nope, it's obvious, I have more hair. And glasses, and a bigger nose. A mustache as well.

Josh Norton, no worries for no mention, I haven't even posted here for awhile.

Luckily, this is the sort of thing you can just pick right back up.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider.
As far as it goes, however, with as many people as think me and Augustus are one and the same, I may take him up on that, should he offer.

So if I bought you one would that be like I was having two?

No issues with that here.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
my 2 cents: freemasons/mystery schools don't "worship" evil. they acknowledge it as necessary for good to exist. lucifer and moloch represent the light in the dark. facing your demons down and defeating them. they prepare the soul for the afterlife which is an arduous process. at one point, after purgatory, you are lead by the light bearer to your next destination. yes, lucifer. a necessary evil.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The Freemasons can't agree on much, even on whether or not they hate Catholicism. I've heard quite a few stories about Freemasons making anti-Catholic statements and in general fomenting anti-Catholic sentiment - all within the doors of the lodge.

There were a number of papal bulls banning Freemasons, but John Paul II said that they were alright.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I thought you would enjoy that.
That was sent to me by a member. This is the type of flak we are up against. I must admit, great for a larf.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
The Freemasons can't agree on much, even on whether or not they hate Catholicism. I've heard quite a few stories about Freemasons making anti-Catholic statements and in general fomenting anti-Catholic sentiment - all within the doors of the lodge.

really? when were you within the doors of a lodge?

There were a number of papal bulls banning Freemasons, but John Paul II said that they were alright.

As has been stated, not everyone got the message. But as a general rule, Freemasons don't hate any religion, but they are hated by some. Like the wacko cult fundamentalist born again boneheads. Now they hate masonry. And sadly, most aren't intelligent enough to know why other then what they are told.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Let me know the exact lodge that this occured at.
Good luck proving this statement.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You don't have to look further than ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Simply put, most of the religious critics of Freemasonry aren't very bright.

Is he saying that critics of Freemasonry are not bright, or that critics who practice a religion or not bright?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

really? when were you within the doors of a lodge?

No, but I've heard stories of Freemasons quitting because of all of the Catholic-bashing that they had to endure.

As has been stated, not everyone got the message. But as a general rule, Freemasons don't hate any religion, but they are hated by some. Like the wacko cult fundamentalist born again boneheads. Now they hate masonry. And sadly, most aren't intelligent enough to know why other then what they are told.

The Freemasons seem not to like conspiracy theory, but love to make conspiracy theories and pedophile jokes about the Catholic Church.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I take it as the over zealous fanatics who know nothing of tolerance and universal equality aren't very smart. But that's just my opinion. I am sure he didn't mean you.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't know, me being a confirmed Catholic, I would have to disagree.

But then, what do I know.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I take it as the over zealous fanatics who know nothing of tolerance and universal equality aren't very smart. But that's just my opinion. I am sure he didn't mean you.

So everyone who criticizes Freemasonry belongs in a straitjacket?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Got a link? Because all I'm finding is this:

Declaration on Masonic Associations (Quaesitum est)

English Translation of a Latin Document from the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith November 26, 1983

It has been asked whether there has been any change in the Church's decision in regard to Masonic associations since the new Code of Canon Law does not mention them expressly, unlike the previous code.

This sacred congregation is in a position to reply that this circumstance is due to an editorial criterion which was followed also in the case of other associations likewise unmentioned inasmuch as they are contained in wider categories.

Therefore, the Church's negative judgment in regard to Masonic associations remains unchanged since their principles have always been considered irreconcilable with the doctrine of the Church and, therefore, membership in them remains forbidden. The faithful, who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion.

It is not within the competence of local ecclesiastical authorities to give a judgment on the nature of Masonic associations which would imply a derogation from what has been decided above, and this in line with the declaration of this sacred congregation issued Feb. 17,1981. [1]

In an audience granted to the undersigned cardinal prefect, the Supreme Pontiff John Paul II approved and ordered the publication of this declaration which had been decided in an ordinary meeting of this sacred congregation.

Rome, from the Office of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Nov. 26, 1983

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, Prefect
Father Jerome Hamer, O.P. Titular Archbishop of Lorium, Secretary

edit on 2010.11.21 by JoshNorton because: emphasis added

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So everyone who criticizes Freemasonry belongs in a straitjacket?

not at all, just the ones who never look past their own jaded sources for their information. I wouldn't trust a mechanic who refused to look at any other source that Chilton's VW guide, when fixing a Blazer. Broaden your horizons a tiny bit.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

His actions told a different story

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The impression you get from most apologists is that not only do ALL people who criticize Freemasonry cite less-than-cheerful sources, but that somehow they have some sort of chronic character flaw which is usually corrected by joining the lodge.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I do believe Freemasonry is not compatable with Christianity, based upon my own research of books written by Freemasons and my conversations with some here and elsewhere that confirm it. Perhaps if the exoteric meanings they teach was all there was to it, but when you progress to higher degrees and learn the true exoteric meanings, Freemasonry's true nature becomes obvious. Freemasonry is a religion based on ancient mystery cults.

Now I am not saying you don't have a right to believe this stuff, because we do have freedom of religion but I am against the deception. Since this is a religion there is no need for Freemasons to be allowed in Churches or for them to get away with passing themselves off as Christians when running for office.

I am not a Christian Conservative Evangelical or Fundementalist myself, I'm a mainline Protestant who is moderate and non-partisan on most social issues and oppose most of the politics of Evangelicals. I also see too many Freemasons doing what they complain about, generalizing and making blanket statements about all Freemasonry critics.

Quote from Rockpuck:
"You can be a Christian and be a Mason. Any Christian who says otherwise is a hypocrite, a fool, a bigot and I can assure you, not a Christian at all"

I do believe you can not be a true Christian and be a Mason, since I am "a hypocrite, fool. bigot, and not a Christian at all" I must not be able to read the Bible very well, would any Freemason care to tell me where in the Bible that says Christians can be Freemasons?
And why should you Freemasons be so suprised at how hateful some of the Anti-Masons get when you have a 32 degree mason making asanine statements like this attacking our faith? I try to remain civil in spite of this, but I know many who get a much more angry over this. Why not instead of insults, he should give at least a very brief explanation of why this compatible.

"And technically, it's Catholics and so called "Christians" (who are actually more in line with Satanist that they preach against) that despise Masonry for all it's "open mindedness"

So don't get mad when Catholics feel free to discriminate and call all of you Satanists either or any other Christians for that matter.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ok, first it's what he said, now it's what he did. Again, any specific examples of Pope John Paul II's actions indicating he was OK with Catholics being Freemasons?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Ok, first it's what he said, now it's what he did. Again, any specific examples of Pope John Paul II's actions indicating he was OK with Catholics being Freemasons?

He had Pope John XXIII beatified

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join