It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you deserve to earn more than $200k a year?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Mate it is not my point of view, or me putting negative spin on things, this is fact. Please deny ignorance and watch this doco entitled where does money come from:

It will explain that all money is debt and it can not be repaid because debt = debt + interest
the money value is not based on anything but a slice of pie which is determined by a countries trade
edit on 10-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

A system simmilar to this will only train and teach a society to learn and achievements of self worth rather than self worth thru greed. WE NEED A BETTER SYSTEM. One that promotes grouth thru knoweledge not grouth thru money and greed.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thanks for your 2c nite owl.

I have contemplated a system like this in the past - one where instead of you paying for education to work for coporations the corporations sponsor your education to work from them from young.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

FACT IS, this has to change. BANKS seem to scheme their way into your pocket and take your money, thru trickery. GREED is not the way to go in life. SEE where it has led the world. Remember your history my friends,so it will not be repeated again.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You may enjoy this doco if you have not seen it nite owl. The rest of you will probably want to take a look if you have have some free time on your hands too!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying. I'm just sad that it is all that you are seeing.

You are too stuck to the aspect of material wealth.

What I'd like to say verges too close to the mind over matter touchy feely crap that I hate to listen too so I'll try to keep it tangible.

What I'm saying is that the potential to have more is limited by the individuals actions and accomplishments. Not by the volume of money/commerce/etc.

Did you know that in the world markets, derivatives amount to more than 30 times the gross value of the assets of the entire planet?

True fact.

The money markets are literally trading options that value more than 30 times all of earths resources. It is insanity. Bankers have actually managed to create a money culture that exceeds the value of the planet by 30 times but somehow people still cling to this idea that there is limited potential in life. Potential that is somehow being greedily taken away from them and stored in a mythical pie.

Money is a manmade concept that has little adherence to a persons potential. The concept that a cash value limits what you get out of life is ludicrous. The real limitations on our lives are the ones we put on ourselves.

You could take everything I have and give it to someone else who hasn't accomplished anything in life. In a few years I'd be fine and he'd be broke or homeless or both.

You can't take a piece of me and make me any less. You can't give it to anyone else and make them any more.

Ask the thousands of ex millionaires who inherited it, earned it in an acting or sports career or won it in a lottery but are now broke. It wasn't because they didn't have a big enough "Piece of the pie" it was because they didn't know how to create their own value.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
I have seen a number of comments on here from people who are well off stating they deserve that money because they have had to work hard for it.

I believe that.

They are a cut above the rest and follow smart investments.

I believe this as well.

That those on the bottom need to stop complaining and take action.

I believe this too. You get out what you put in.

That those on the bottom are lazy, useless, stupid whiners...

Some probably are but not all.

Class warfare at its finest. This is the direction our country is going and it is sad. What a better way to take control of a country them separating it?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I make more than 200K and year and I DO deserve every penny that I make.

Why you ask?

I built a company, which employs hundreds of people at a GOOD wage which provides GREAT benefits.

Because I do this, my company has been succesfull, by providing a quality product and great customer service.

So yes, I do deserve my 200K+ salary because I've earned it, I've worked for it. I do give generously to our community and various charity as well as human rights organizations because we really don't NEED all that income.

But do I deserve it? Hell yes.

~Keeper

Don't get me wrong if you did what you say, you deserve all you earn however. It's strange, at least to me, that someone who claims that he really doesn't NEED all that income chooses to call themselves the "Keeper"....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

thank you for the two videos, im going to keep them in my vault of knoweledge. Someone should send this message to several friends and then those friend sends it to more friends and so on. Thus everyone can understand the full impact of deeds the bankers put on us peoples. A revolution against the GREEDY and call it A BLOOD THIRST.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I think we should redevelope the gov't and make a better one. One where we all can grow, not wither away.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I make more than 200K and year and I DO deserve every penny that I make.

Why you ask?

I built a company, which employs hundreds of people at a GOOD wage which provides GREAT benefits.

Because I do this, my company has been succesfull, by providing a quality product and great customer service.

So yes, I do deserve my 200K+ salary because I've earned it, I've worked for it. I do give generously to our community and various charity as well as human rights organizations because we really don't NEED all that income.

But do I deserve it? Hell yes.

~Keeper

Don't get me wrong if you did what you say, you deserve all you earn however. It's strange, at least to me, that someone who claims that he really doesn't NEED all that income chooses to call themselves the "Keeper"....

If you look at my avatar it's technically " Keeper of the Tree". It's a spiritual reference, not material.

Although that was very clever of you

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Clearly somebody who is earning 200K or more deserves and has earned that money on the simple premise that they are indeed -earning- 200K a year. Someone isn't simply tossing it out to them as a handout. If someone fits the bill that's worth 200K then good on them.

That being said, aside from a few jobs, etc, there are plenty of people in this world that are able to fit the bill. So the person who is earning their money is either a genius, revolutionary, had an amazing idea, or is lucky. Skill is also necessary, but there is always someone just as skilled and willing to work for less out there, especially in a world of billions. So someone who is earning that kind of dough should thank their lucky stars and hope they don't get fired.
edit on 10-11-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread yet but:
What you don't get about money and people that have some is that without it and all those 'investments' no one would have a job.
Once upon a time I started a company - took all the money I had scrimped and saved for years. I hired people, created jobs with benefits and all that. The first 2 years I didn't even take a salary because the company needed every possible penny reinvested. Course the gov made me pay stuff like workers compensation and unemployment ins. on myself anyway. I worked 16-18 hour days for those early years too. Well when the company finally was rolling well you don't think I deserved every penny I got?

Think I might start another company now with those profits?
Not a chance, it was bad enough when I did it, these days the pile of regulations and unions and stuff it would be a total waste, no way to make a new company work now. Why should I go risk what money I have and beat myself up for years again when likely the gov will just take what I make and 'redistribute' it? I won't be creating anymore jobs in this climate!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"It will be easier for a camel to pass the eye of needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven." There's alot of consolation in that verse. There's going to be divine retribution, for those folks that got rich off the backs of poor people. What blows me away are the people that work and don't make alot, and want to take what little bit the poor are getting. It is a pyramid and the ones at the top are laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Thanks for your 2c nite owl.

I have contemplated a system like this in the past - one where instead of you paying for education to work for coporations the corporations sponsor your education to work from them from young.

Its been a few years, maybe things have changed but corporations did actually pay for a lot of my education. Back in the day you could take night classes at some local school and the company would pay for it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
From reading the first 2 pages of comments, to me what the OP is trying to get across is that the pie, generally remains the same in regards to total value, IE. money in the world. While that isn't entirely true, he tries to point out that the richer the rich get, the more people that will put into poverty because they have to work to feed the rich while the poor starve. He's mentioning past and present so too look toward to the future and wonder what his kids? Grandkids will have to experience. The first trillionaire? Really hope I'm dead before that happens.

While I agree with the OP in parts, I can also respectfully disagree as to not act defensively tolds him, but to try and relate, understand where he's coming from.
If I won the lotto, making more $$$$, than I knew what to do with, I'd LOVE to help others, out. That's just me, and I don't ever expect anyone to be the same, or feel as such.

What gets to me, not so much a bother, but might be, is that the likes of Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, while they're doing good donating monies now and after there death to charities. Over 100billionz so far, it would be nice if they redistributed or helped out the country where they made there stake of claims.

The more America gets, the more America gives. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If you think you deserve it...You are selfish and greedy and are inconsiderate to most.

If you work and you earn it and you make good choices with your money, I have no problem with people making that much money. I would LOVE to make that much. But I dont think i DESERVE anything except the life i live and the dirt beneath my feet.

Help others, make them happy, put yourself after all....then if you earn that money, Its good karma and you are worth it..but you dont deserve it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I deserve to earn more than 200K for sitting on the computer and ranting about rich people and conspiracy theories. I spread the knowledge. Isn't knowledge worth anything these days? No wonder why education sucks nowadays. It's an evil capitalist conspiracy to dumb the masses I tell ya. We all deserve 200K for existing. Who's with me?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
great thread, great debate people.

you would be surprised how much money you don't need.(especially with no kids to worry about) to American standards, I'm on the bottom of the so called pyramid, but compared to the rest of the world, I'm about in the middle. be glad to be an American, some places on earth i bet wouldn't have welfare S.S. or disability if you couldn't work, your family would have your burden.

we don't choose the world we are born into, if that was the case we would all be living in a star trek like universe.

as mentioned before adapt or die.

if i made that much money(200K) i would retire in 5-10 years and never work again.

I agree the game is unfair and unbalance but what is fair and balanced about life?

you have to play to win, today's youth has a lot of distractions these days.(don't help too much)

i'll admit, i have made mistakes and have been lazy, but i have made to to where other members of my family could work, while living on basically nothing in U.S.A. standards, but in other countries, i would be upper middle class if the currency was converted.

just never lose hope in your self and work hard and you might have a good life and yes money isn't everything.(although to some people, it is)

you don't need alot of money to start business either. (it could be done with a 1000 $) start small and work you way up.

and for you lazy people that want to make money, use you brain, write a book or something.

my 2

additional edit.

life is like a game of blackjack, you can count the card and lose, or not and get lucky, but usually its the other way around, and yes if you know what to do, you can be a pro gamble and either just get by or make it big. or lose it all and have to start over.

aspire

edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

Originally posted by 547000
I deserve to earn more than 200K for sitting on the computer and ranting about rich people and conspiracy theories. I spread the knowledge. Isn't knowledge worth anything these days? No wonder why education sucks nowadays. It's an evil capitalist conspiracy to dumb the masses I tell ya. We all deserve 200K for existing. Who's with me?

ranting about rich people and talking about conspiracy isn't knowledge worthy of getting paid for, fact, it's just hear say.

yes there is knowledge worth money, but that's not it.

although i agree that education sucks nowadays.
edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: quote reply

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Money is money is money is...it's paper. It's a stupid metaphor that allows one schmoe's manhour to be valued one way, and another's to be valued much higher. You can compare the paper money (or 1s and 0s) to apples, bread, oxen or whatever, the fact is it's valued as it is and that's that.

Nobody deserves any amount of money. A human being deserves the concrete fruits of his or her labor, not some stupid ink and paper metaphor. It's a control mechanism that we've brought on ourselves, because there's no better, more comprehensive way of sustaining an orderly, slave-labor based system (as we currently have) any better than the modern currency system. Heck, we've even gone so far as to privatize the slave quarters (apartment complexes), the slave driver (police, private security) and the slop bucket (fast food restaurants). Why bother with the company store, when you can make part of your company the store itself? I refer of course, to Walmart and company.

At any rate, 200,000 won't make you happy, it will just buy the current standard of "happy" which seems quite hollow to me. THe only reason why I can't say I wouldn't want the 200,000 is because there is no other way to get your own land these days to have money...You can't just set up shop somewhere without permission, which is a code word for money.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join