It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Are Dominated By Fear.. Enough Is Enough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by veryberry

That was the point. It was meant to incite a response and it worked.
2nd line

MODS if you want to remove this post feel free as it is off topic.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by openmind444

Eh, don't expect too much of a positive response here. I wrote a whole thread about this when I first returned to ATS. I experienced quite a bit of vitriol.

But yes, enough is enough. Too much fear, not enough reason.

Wait...sorry, I thought you are exactly the sort of thing I was arguing against.

Nevermind then. You do realize that you're spreading irrational fear, right?

The government doesn't have all that much more power than it did 8 years ago.

How about speaking out on behalf of civil action instead of putting the government in check? The mess we're in seems to have been caused by giving the government less power anyway.
edit on 10/11/10 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Ad Hominems, for when you lack any real debate skills!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b693e56b4ec7.png[/atsimg]

Insinuating that someone is a teenager or younger is not an acceptable argument against someone's opinion. I does however make you look like a high school aged troll just out to "rile up the grownups"...

If you don't think that the masses are controlled and manipulated with fear, then you REALLY are not paying ANY attention to the Main Stream Media! The entire mid-term election process was DROWNING in fear based media manipulation!

However, if you really do feel that the opinions expressed by the OP (Original Poster), myself and others is false, then please try to construct a logical and thought out argument. You only make yourself look bad when you use namecalling as a counterpoint tactic...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Okay, I am going to get this out of the way so there is no misunderstanding. When I made the decision to post this thread it was in the best interests of those kindly enough to read it and show some interest in the subject matter. Not only because it interested just me, but because I knew it would interest others as well. Not everyone on ATS has been a member of ATS for years. And for those that are fairly new members, like myself, we may not have had the opportunity to have read or posted on a thread like this one or the numerous other ones like it, so I am not going to apologize for posting it for that very reason. I would also like to add that at no point did I ever claim to have any evidence or solid facts to back anything up. This entire thread, as dated as though it may to some of you more veteran members, was based solely on my observation and my opinion of how this country is operating. And the last time I checked, no mods have come out of the wood-work to persecute me for posting it, they have left it up, so that would lead me to believe that they thought that it held some inkling of relevance in some capacity or another, even if a small select group of members believe the exact opposite.

And as for that select group of members, as I have said before, no one forced you to come on to this thread or post or do anything at all, it was your choice, just as it was my choice to post the thread. I personally felt that this subject matter was important, important enough to spend the time to type it up. And despite what you think, there are many others who thought it was important enough to read and post on, even those who have posted similar threads in the past and though they may disagree, at least they were respectful and mature. I mean if you can't be civilized and you can't post and make your point without being condescending towards the OP, who never claimed to have hard facts to begin with, or other posters who are just interested in batting around ideas on the subject matter, then what is your motivation for being here? ATS is not only a place for folks to who like to present hard evidence in many different areas of alternative subjects, but is also a place for people to share thoughts,ideas, and banter about in their own areas of interest.

And this is about all I have to say as far as my motivation to post this thread...I have NO evidence to support any claims that I have NOT made. This thread is based on my personal OBSERVATION and obviously the OBSERVATION of others who think that the country is in bad need of a face-lift, but by a different means than has been attempted conventionally. If I had any real plan to make this desperately needed change a reality, don't you think I would have included it in the original post? And even if I had brought about a plan of action like that it wouldn't have mattered, because the same select group of members would have swooped down like vultures to pick it apart anyways. But I am glad I posted it and I do appreciate those who have shown interest, commented in a dignified manner, have treated their fellow posters with respect, and decided to leave the "jack-assery" for another forum. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have to say that that is classic..thanks for the support. Well played.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join