It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! All the women "like" me at the office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I started working at an Office about 4 weeks ago, all was going fine, but now im starting to feel slightly awkward, im 18 years of age, most of the women i work with are in there early 20's, there is a girl in the opposite suite who is the same age as me, now over the past week i have started noticing they all seem to be giving me the "eye" as it were, there arent many men who work in this office, and those who do are in there late 40's, now its starting to become very embarassing for me becuase im not the sort to love this sort of thing, a few of them seem to have the habbit of acting up around me, for example, delibaratly dropping something in front of me and then bending over slowly to pick it up, or standing next to my next and posing.

It just feels really awkward, and there isnt anyone i can talk to about it, because of how stupid it sounds lol.

I know a lot of you will be telling me to enjoy it, its not that i hate it, it just puts me in a really awkward position.
Any advice?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Are you sure you are talking about real life...and not some "adult" movie you just watched???

I love the "dropping something and bending over slowly to pick it up"....LOL.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You could try striking up a conversation with one of them and then get onto the topic of what you and your boyfriend or "partner" did over the weekend. Once the gay rumor gets around maybe they'll leave you alone.

...Or take it a challenge

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

I know a lot of you will be telling me to enjoy it, its not that i hate it, it just puts me in a really awkward position.
Any advice?

Think of baseball and the 'awkwardness' usually subsides.

On an unrelated subject ... where do you work?

link   
Either you are a troll or you have the maturity level of a 13 year old boy.

If you are truly afraid of getting attention from girls, especially where you work, then you should just pick your self up a mag and stay home.

You have gotta be kidding.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Seriously no kidding, im not sure if im imagining things, but everything is starting to stand out to me, i used to suffer from social anxiety, i still do a little, its really getting to me, they arent even very attractive.

Why cant i work in peace!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

It would be better if they were of nice appearance, dont jump to conclusions that they are super skinny super models.

Oh how wrong you would be

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

New guy huh? I'd say they're all just f'n with you guy. Either that or an office full of unsatisfied and unfulfilled women. Either way, enjoy the ride and the show brother

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by immortalcamel

Hehe thats what im thinking.

But seriously some people find these things really awkward, i know some people might find that hard to understand, but it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes.

Start scratching yourself and complaining about your terrible rash and stubborn infection.

That should scatter them pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I started working at an Office about 4 weeks ago, all was going fine, but now im starting to feel slightly awkward, im 18 years of age, most of the women i work with are in there early 20's, there is a girl in the opposite suite who is the same age as me, now over the past week i have started noticing they all seem to be giving me the "eye" as it were, there arent many men who work in this office, and those who do are in there late 40's, now its starting to become very embarassing for me becuase im not the sort to love this sort of thing, a few of them seem to have the habbit of acting up around me, for example, delibaratly dropping something in front of me and then bending over slowly to pick it up, or standing next to my next and posing.

It just feels really awkward, and there isnt anyone i can talk to about it, because of how stupid it sounds lol.

Any advice?

Iam also 18 yrs of age, and if that what you are saying is truth,
I ENVY YOU! Poor you, all women want to rape you. Booo-hooo....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
visit this site www.grantland.net... , choose a joke (i think 1500A is relevent) and pin it to your cubicle/desk.

They may just leave you alone in peace.

or you could always wear a wedding ring, mind you that might attract them even more - you never can tell. stick to plan A and let us know how you get on.
edit on 8-11-2010 by digitalf because: edit for url

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

either the girls in your office all need to get out more, or your asthetically pleasing to the eye, or thier playing a game to see who can bag the new guy first lol.

but on a serious note if it is making you feel really uncomfortable then go to ur boss and explain the situation, but u may find that the girls will get bored after a while IF you dont give them the come-on.

do u have a girlfriend...if so have u sed anything about this to her? if u have may i suggest not telling her lol if your gf knows that all the women in the office are trying to get their claws into u, life might get a bit more difficult at home.

good luck

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
well..just one advice..never start something at your job...let them do what they want...be nice
starting somethign at a job can bring much more problems ..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vqsnapp

as funny as that idea is, i dont think that he should have to fake his sexuality in order to get these women to leave him alone...its a form of sexual harrasment, if he is in a situation that hes not comfortable with hes being harrased, if it was a woman and all the men were standing cupping thier balls or conveniently dropping pencils under her skirt then it would be sexual harrasment.

i know flirting goes on in the workplace, mostly to releive boredom, but when u start feeling uncomfortable about it then a line is being crossed.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah, man. I feel your pain!

Nothing like being surrounded by a bunch of horny young women in a workplace, where you CAN'T have sex. Horny women flipping their hair and wearing low-cut tops and bending over and arching their backs and lifting their arses, in a workplace, gaaah the horror!

My advice: RUN! Run away, far away! Get yourself a shack in the woods somewhere where they can't find you!

If not that, then you have to manage their expectations. Tell them all that you have a long-term GF, even if you don't really. Make up a name for her, and tell everyone you've been with her for a year and you're very happy, and make sure you're consistent all the time, so they don't figure out you're lying!

Whatever you do, don't let them think you're available and interested!!

I pray to God you get through this okay, dude! Good luck!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wait a minute!! Is your group office picture?

Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

If you don't want the attention just start farting a lot, I'm sure they'll leave you alone.

edit on 8-11-2010 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Do the same things back to them, it is funny, and they will know you are on to them.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Killface

No, DON'T encourage them, that'll just make it worse!!

I'm telling you, MHRE. Manage Her Relationship Expectations.

Tell them all that you have a long-term GF, pronto!! It's your only hope!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

If he does it back to them, they will know they are failing to make him uncomfortable and the behavior stops, or continues but in a context of humor, trumping the awkwardness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join