It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else living their everyday life as a Plan B?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The problem is that most people only see money as a "God" they cant even begin to think other wise.
Everything is about money, ie: I have to save , I have to have a new car , I have to have a new house , I have to have a paved drive way, I need the best cloths .... etc. etc. etc ........ , our minds have been programed to think all this is normal and is necessary to live .."We have been deceived" by corperations /banks whos only goal is to make as much money off of you as possible. So that is why we are so programed/brianwashed into thinking we "NEED" all of this "Excess"

And yes I was one of those people untill a few years ago when I came out of the "trance"

I plan on moving to the country, already have the place, old farm house on 5 acres, bought it a few years ago.

I can live for less then a third of the cost , grow your own food, chichens a beef cow etc,

Getting out of the rat race in the city, I am done with that.

I
edit on 9-11-2010 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by mossme89

I live my life as plan b.. I suppose. I study everything I can and have 3 very laid back jobs right now, that I'm not government tied to. I have a collection of herbs and oils and refuse government fda ways. I suppose my real goal is sovereignty in every way, because in the end I am all I have to rely on. And refuse to rely on false illusions of banks or even deal with people that are blind to the worlds ways. At one point I didn't see a point in college anymore since nobody can find jobs in their field. So I figure I learn more independently. However, I figure for #s n giggles ill work on my ba in natural medicine now. Since I'm filled in on that area, and it will eventually prove more usefull then plan a's ways.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Your post, to me, makes you sound lazy. I understand your point about work, the "system" ect. The thing is I have a life outside my job, there I do things that I want to do. I accomplish goals of working with others, having fun, enjoying what this world has to offer. I didn't have parents that put me in the right direction, I didn't have a uncle helping me get a job. It took a lot of hard work, determination. But I keep in focus what is important.

I have no idea how old you are, or what you have done up to this point in your life. I don't know what you would like to do. What I do know is you have to work hard to achieve what you want. There are some very few who are given wealth and other things, but they may not get the feeling of achievement.

I would like to hear how you would like things to work and what you woudl like to do.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just because people are cautious, does not mean we are paranoid and don't go outside. Its not about material, its about happiness. I was in prison for a few years, and got to watch the sun set... To be honest, the only thing I missed in there was my family. Not using banks, etc is actually a good choice, being that the economy could fail tomorrow and all youd have is a piece of plastic. Another thing is, I pay my taxes... Everytime I buy food, clothes, shampoo etc etc. If you actually look into a w2 form, its for government employees.. Etc etc long story. Worth lookin into tho. But would I sign a w2? No. I stay away from contract situations.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I would like to hear about the things you are doing to help the evil infested world.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Great response. Couldn't agree more. I would like to hear from the posters who are so unhappy what they are doing to be happy. I don't believe most of them will even tell the truth, but I still would like to hear.

Thos e post remind me of my friend's 13 year old son. He's upset with everything....AT 13!!!. I took him to a Metallica concert last year, before the concert he was telling me how Metallica is not that good, ect, Never saw them before, after he thought they were great.

I hope that most of these posts are coming from teenagers that really don't know any better. It would be really sad to hear these comments from adults.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm getting the impression that some people just want to open their mouths and squawk like baby birds and have food popped into their mouths. But the world does not owe anyone a living. Man always had to work for food and shelter - that's not the problem. You just have to learn the difference between 'I want' and 'I need'.
If you feel your life isn't complete without the latest TV, smartphone, closet full of designer shoes etc etc - quit blaming the evil system and take a look at yourself. It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm 27. Healing people (naturally) keeps me happy. Knowing one day I attempt to change laws in the fda to prevent you and your kids from drinking arsnic infested water or other laws that promote harmfull side effects, yet disallow positive health. I personally just don't see it normal to work 12 hours a day. Go eat mcdonalds. Watch the hills and go to bed. It is what it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
This thread really saddens me. Come on, people! Life is a gift. Even when it doesn't meet your expectations, it's still precious -- exactly as it is. Think of all the people who are out there right now, lying in hospital beds or confined in prisons, wishing they could do the simple daily things that many of us take for granted. By dwelling on the future or the past too much, you can miss the present moment, which is really all you have. Go watch a sunset. Play with a dog. Do something nice for an elderly person. Or just put the lime in the coconut.
But please don't take Life for granted.

Translation: Get over it, pay your taxes, no one cares about you.

Just because people are upset with the current world situation, does not mean they dont value life. Quite the opposite in fact.

True, i want to have a good life, a peaceful life. Not a money filled, materialistic, corrupt fantasy of the elite.

reply to post by MystiqueAgent

I really hope so. I think it's come to the point where the best/most effective course of action would be to tear down the system and start again. When i say something like this, people automatically assume and think of chaos. But really, it could be something as simple as the dollar failing. The corporations will fall with it, leaving the infrastructure intact and i think we have enough momentum to start more of a money-less contribution based society. It's definitely within the capacity of mankind. There was a recent study that came to the conclusion that people work best not for money, but for the good of the whole (think Linux).

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I added you as a friend. Anyone who can say how I feel about this world in 3 paragraphs is my friend. I am right with you as are many millions of others. Imagine how the status quo system has worked to suppress. Now imagine people like yourself in a position of authority to do something about it. YOU will recognize others with your same ambitions and desires. YOU will elevate those others and back them up when needed. I will be able to recognize YOU for who you are and what YOU want and it will mesh with my own desires.

I think the corporate and education world is a great example of how dark forces have kept us fighting amongst each other instead of living in peace. You have to support the system to be a part of it. You have to ignore the lies to keep your money. If you stand apart from the system and point out its flaws then others will remove you from that position. They want someone who supports the status quo and by supporting the status quo they gain from it. For the most part these are the selfish. They want you to adapt to the status quo, to play along with the game, even though like you mention it is bias and unfair.

Well, it is all changing. I certainly have changed. I am repulsed by the system. I am repulsed by catch phrases to describe people, in order to degrade their characters. I am sick of people arguing over ideology. I am disgusted with meaningless work to earn pay, to live, to supply someone else the goods or services for them to live to earn pay to support themselves. We have many luxuries in our society, but the system must be redesigned or I do not want to be a part of it.

I will meet you again mossme89. You will see me and recognize me when you see what small changes I can make in this world. Likewise, I will notice you when you stand apart from the status quo and work to change it. I am not particularly religious but I do believe in a higher power that is coordinating this whole event. In the bible the prophets asked how will we be able to tell gods people from the others. And it was said that we shall know each other by our works. I personally believe I am seeing more and more of gods people like yourself. If there is a beast of a system then it is the worldwide system that exists right now. It promises peace and brings war. It promises prosperity and brings hardship. It promises freedom and brings slavery. So those that stand against such a design are the truth bringers, they are the ones I want near me.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I would think so as well [to the idea of working best for the whole] I personally think people would work better than if they were paid. Knowing that they can get paid the same wage and finding loop holes here and there will just generate a problem. Though working for the good of the whole pack to ensure that the pack and oneself is better off [especially with the whole pack thinking this way] would certainly make the idea of working for the whole the best.

I also agree with starting over, to me life is still a bit of a game and it pretty much seems like we are at the end of the road or at least nearing it. Things are falling apart and it's just time for a 'reset' button to be pushed or as you said overhaul of our current established system. I don't see why some see it as chaos or even just anarchist thinking, to me it's merely just knowing we have come to a closing point and knowing when to start over. Do things over again.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Now that you mention it, it does seem like things are falling apart. To quote Clif High, it's like an old children's cartoon where a dam is breaking and for every hole they plug up, 3 more appear.

Though, i'm a youngster at 17. I'm curious if any of you older than me remember a time where things were falling apart like this. For all i know, it could be like this all the time!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

Originally posted by FoxStriker
we live in a society now that allows you to accomplish anything you could ever want or do, as long as you don't impress on other peoples personal growth and freedoms.

Originally posted by Azp420
HAH! I don't think so... ...not without permission from your government (yes I'm talking about things that don't impress on other peoples personal growth and freedoms).

Wow... thats exactly what I'm talking about, you only see what you don't have and what you think you can't have, your a man who has already given up without ever trying...

I think you were what the people called the French in WW2... a Defeatist.

Look... you were given a great gift, Life... and in this gift were 3 things that were given to you when you inheritted your body...

1)Opportunity
2)The right to Choose
3)Choices every second of your life

You have a negative connotation view on life... that's it...

When you decide to switch to the positive the only negative thought you'll have is about how much time you've wasted.

Fox
edit on 11/9/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm not to much older than you and that certainly is a good analogy of things. Though one thing I do remember from history class is the great depression, though the difference being is that the teacher gave us a graph of the dips and rises of the economic status [unemployment rate] over the years. I do believe this is the one that was showcased

Not to sure on it's reliability or anything and being that I am only 21 I certainly haven't seen enough of the world. Though perhaps I was younger and didn't have a care in the world, it all just seemed a bit better in the '90s.

Source/Site the image came from. - delong.typepad.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hmm... Interesting. But i think the big thing to watch this time around is how countries will react to being in debt to other countries. A big difference between now and the 1930's is that i don't think we were trillions in debt to the Chinese back then. So couple a long recession with major countries being in debt and political tensions, and you have an extremely explosive combination. Thats' what i think is different this time around.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Many people don't remember, because they keep it covered up. The truth is, we have no money and haven't for a long time, we sell out to other countrys and buy our productions back. Everything from our religions, economy, media... Its all bs hog wash covered by illusions. And the illusions are not that hard to look past. Now by 17, you surly know nothing last on lies. On the other hand, my whole life, I've felt diffrent and estranged because... Something doesn't settle. I'm 27 but grew up in an old fashioned rooted house. With traditional values of ethics. I see parents letting their kids listen to the trashyst music, never introducing culture... People are in a cacoon of sorts I suppose. But if I was listening to lady gaga and talking goochie goo about nothin my family would have brained me. There's people and there's sheeple people. Your simply not a sheeple people. But when it comes right now to it, find you nitch and do what you like to survive. That's what I do anyway.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What do they teach about the depression and bankruptcy in schools now? They didn't teach us anything on it honestly, but a few years ago a friend introduced law and sovereignty, which kinda fell into bankruptcy. Then I learned the truth about it. But. I ask, because a friend of mine had the 2nd percentile on her SATs in the state. And at the same time she didn't know the us has been bankrupt since 1933 etc.. someone told me something happened in 44 to eliminate that, but I never found anything backing it, and anyway it didn't abolish the feds either. The feds (federal reserves) are big brother anyway...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

In public schools? Well i go to a "blue ribbon" school in Maryland so it's supposedly one of the better ones, and we honestly don't learn much about it. We cover the depression in around a two week period in which we just learn the basics about the stock market crash and how credit spending led to the crash. In the entire class, the fed is mentioned only on passing.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
This thread really saddens me. Come on, people! Life is a gift. Even when it doesn't meet your expectations, it's still precious -- exactly as it is. Think of all the people who are out there right now, lying in hospital beds or confined in prisons, wishing they could do the simple daily things that many of us take for granted. By dwelling on the future or the past too much, you can miss the present moment, which is really all you have. Go watch a sunset. Play with a dog. Do something nice for an elderly person. Or just put the lime in the coconut.
But please don't take Life for granted.

Translation: Get over it, pay your taxes, no one cares about you.

Just because people are upset with the current world situation, does not mean they dont value life. Quite the opposite in fact.

Hmm...that's not what I meant at all.

As many of us ATSers go through an awakening process and see the unveiled world as it has become, it is only natural for us to become disgusted and disillusioned for a time. Either:

1) Our parents, leaders, educational system, etc. did not truthfully prepare us for the reality that we now know
2) The world has changed, and it no longer has the innocence and brimming opportunity it once had

--or both.

When faced with the disconnect between our former vision of life and today's reality, I see many people becoming depressed, losing faith that this is still a great planet to inhabit, or worse -- living their lives "in waiting" as if what they do every day doesn't matter because Nibiru or an Iranian nuke or the Cookie Monster is coming on such and such a date. And that's OK for a while. I just don't like to see people get stuck there.

Realizing that what we once considered "Plan B" has now really become "Plan A" and making the best of it (as some on this thread have described) is part of a growth process. I applaud those of you who are doing what you can to fight the good fight and live a full, robust life -- not a second-rate existence -- amidst the darkness. We still have the ability to create our own reality.

As C.S. Lewis once said about broken dreams, "Dream again, only deeper."

And by the way, Le Colonel...when I need a translator, I'll ask for one.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That don't surprise me. I was just curious. I've been thinking of posting my 1st thread on here about the reserves. (When I figure out how to post) A lot of the illusions we live on are based on it. I personally like the atlantis legends of the way of living, and it seems... From some of the studying I've done on religious text, that life after "Armageddon" reflects such as the Atlantis culture. People being 100 percent accountable, everyone has their own job to aid in the world, utilizing the earths resources... (And much more) I truly can't wait till this happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join