It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does England (and the UK) need Islam / Shariah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
After a debate with a fellow ATS member. He told me that England and the UK NEEDS Islam for the following reasons:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

* Kids are out of control

* Women need equal rights

* UK society is filthy, disgusting and depraved

* Allah's will - will pose itself on the west - those who show frustration are only doing so, because Islam is taking over.

* Islam has the answers to the UK problems.

--

Personally i disagree. I don't think the UK needs Islam at all, although i'm quite happy to hear your opinions. Should England (and the UK) stay as it is... Or do we need this religion to put us in our places?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hmmm, I dunno - What would Jesus do?

I don't think Anywhere or Anyone NEEDS islam. Need for submission?

Sounds like tyranny to me.

And I like the place I live (We left all you lot IN England for a reason you know
as it is/was..

Sheilas at the beach and pubs with pool tables.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I know the thread you are on about.

Simple. NO. Just look at all the suffering in countries that have Islam as their established or state faith. Millions of people are starving in Pakistan, so Islam is a real good system. So good, that the "vile" UK has to give £Ms to help these people.

And over my dead body and a brutal civil war!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Shariah Law? Women's Rights? surely you are joking? I have not had time to read the source thread but does your friend have any idea what rights women have in Shariah?

Shariah Law demotes Women to second class citizens.

This country would rather erupt in civil war than let this happen. and I would be on the front lines.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Needs Islam, I think not!!!

Shariah is evil and backward and is stuck in the medieval period, you only have to look at the countrys that have Shariah law in place to see this.

Shariah holds no place in the west and neither should Islam.

I already think we do far to much in Britain to accomodate the muslim population and quite frankly there begining to push there luck.

Britain is doing just fine thankyou without taking a step backward 5000 years.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'll come at this very simply.. it wouldn't work if Islam was pushed to the fore as other religions have tried in the past! apart from that I am sure we can get on ok with Islam as long as their is equal respect.

We have had the same religious types over the millennia tell us what to do, and look how that worked out for everyone involved.. It is quite appropriate to chat about this so close to the 5th, and I can't help but wonder how Islam (if it was in charge) would cope with the Lewes style protests and effigy burning and 2 fingers at those who try to control us (whatever religion they are/have been in the past)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a84e006ef902.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: amended as it didn't reflect my feelings.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I suppose believers, of whatever religion, all believe the same thing, that their country "needs" that particular religion.

Personally, I have no problem with anyone of any faith who practices their religion in a humane, or kind way. It's the weirdos, extremists and crackpots I don't like. Unfortunately those are the ones you most often hear from.

The others quietly go about their faith without bothering anyone else, and, as a rule, try to get along with everyone else.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
In one word NO!
Yes my country has alot of problems in society, but what we need is a more beefed up police forces, more police on the beat and commitments to problem estates. That is something our politicans need to concentrate on. We do not need sharia law or any other religious laws to govern my country. How would a Muslim country like it i walked into their country cracked open a bottle of wine in public and wore shorts and flip flops to visit a local moaque? Quite rightly i would be condemed for such behaviour and punished according to the laws of that country. Fair play. I have no qualms about that. But if people want to come to the UK, by all means come, but please do not expect me to accept the impostition of foreign laws, We have our own laws which have served well for centuries. That should be respected. It is unacceptable for others to demand that THEIR laws be imposed on another country. It just is not on.

We should respect each other and accept the laws of the country one is living in. I have huge respect for Islam having read the Koran but do not respect the radical militant forms of Islam which has no bearing on what Mohammed teached. I do not appreciate the more radical elements of the Islamic faith trying to take over other countries.

Why cant we all just move on and respect each other and live in peace? Is that too much to ask for

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The united kingom is famous for being a cosmopolitan country that accepts all colours creeds and religeons. Historically we are what is techincally called a bastard country, we are a mixture of celtic, germanic, french and nordic just for starters.

Personally I am very proud of our acceptance of everyone, but I am not a follower of any faith whatsoever, I respect that other people may do and as long as they practice it privately and don't ram it down my neck, good for them.

The guy in question's opinion is his own and I think he is being portrayed as an extremist who wouldn't or doesn't accept other peoples paths in life, the united kingdom has it's fault as does every other country but we have the most tolerant populas of any country I know of, and the idea of a single faith making a stronghold would never happen.

As one of the popes workers said recently, the UK is full of athiests, and thanks god we are...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would die to stop it.

I have been to islamic countries, my missus used to be a muslim and have had to kick some of her families asses on quite a few occassions..

I personally would like to see every minaret torn down on our island. The mosque is a power base and we are allowing that to increase by letting them to be built..

The caliphate has big plans for the UK.

I will fight it every step of the way.

top topics

join