It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

You still need to understand Judaism better.
Study more! O.K?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The bible was modified many times throughout it's history, the churches removed various parts that they thought were "Blasphemous" even though Jesus said them. You are essentially following a religious text book that was modified to hell from the original supposed words of Jesus. You are following a lie meant to deceive you, a lie meant to control you by the church.

Having said that, no, he is not God. I am God, and I sometimes do pray to myself. Mere comfort though

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Well hello God it's great to finally meet you. Meet you of all places as well. The internet! How is life for you God?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hi RR.
This is one reason the Jews never really aligned with Christianity.

Jesus was the incarnation of God. God the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost all rolled into one.
God taking a human form. He was an extension of God, a thought, a savior, brought and settled on Earth. Part of a promise I understand so that humans could be redeemed for prior and past wickedness.

Jesus never prayed to himself because his sole purpose was to be an example to clear up all the confusion about how to be. He was showing man how to pray.

God is merciful.
Could see His message was getting misconstrued by politicians posing as religious men. People were making mistakes and Jesus was sent to clear up the confusion. HOW TO BE.

Any stragglers who still did not understand what men attempted to translate in "The Book" were given a clear example by God. This is my son.. in whom I am well pleased.

I wonder most about the Holy Ghost.
Who the heck is that?

What is that little fire over their heads as in the ascension stem from? What did they see to translate it as that?
I know people who are born again and they tell me about people who have ascended directly to heaven while the townsfolk watched. I have never seen it but this person would never knowingly lie. Yes he may be fooled, but I do believe in miracles and so the maker of them too. But that's me. You know me.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well that goes against the teachings of Judaism and the concept of God in Judaism. Even Islam has very similar beliefs. I already know you wouldn't agree with me here. God in Judaism cannot be divided and take human form. You know?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Things are swell.. Somewhat swell, my child. Just uhh, livin.. eatin.. studyin.. F-.. Yeah

As for the poster above me, I sometimes do let other people see other people ascend to heaven, I let them play their harp for me, eternally, up here in the clouds. Merely for my amusement thought, sitting on my cloud here.. Eatin.. Drinkin... Studyin. Sometimes a jet flies overhead, doesn't see us though. I demand you sacrifice a small child as proof of your allegiance to me. Now.

The poster below me: You're wrong, we won't ascend to the fifth dimension, it's the seventh dimension. You have been watching too much stargate.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Jesus wasn't god. Jesus was an avatar from a higher dimension who came to Earth to plant the seed of Christ consciousness. God is all of us. We are god's children and god also. Jesus is now Jeshua or Sananda, from the House of Sananda, just another soul group that has been where we are, but has ascended much higher than us. Humanity now has the chance to ascend into the 5th dimension with the earth.....

Jeshua is still with us, and hasn't left.

There are many websites with information on 'him' ... here is one for anyone interested....
www.jeshua.net
edit on 7-11-2010 by blujay because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by blujay because: idiocy

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

There are many references in the bible of Jesus himself saying he is not GOD.

Why the hell would Jesus claim he is not GOD?

Why would he say that there is only one GOD?

This is his words, not some supposed disciple who never met Jesus in his life, and who was a bounty hunter, hunting Christians for money.

Sorry mate, I would rather believe Jesus, than a murderer, who was murdering Christians.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Well that goes against the teachings of Judaism and the concept of God in Judaism. Even Islam has very similar beliefs. I already know you wouldn't agree with me here. God in Judaism cannot be divided and take human form. You know?

You are not even allowed to use the name of G--- in Judaism, to spell it or say it much less be it.

They are all the same religion.
God is dough.
How do you like your pizza?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

There are many references in the bible of Jesus himself saying he is not GOD.
Why the hell would Jesus claim he is not GOD?
Why would he say that there is only one GOD?

“I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord,
which is, and which was, and which is to come,
the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8).

External quote...

"[The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth.
Although skeptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos.

Both Old and New Testaments teach the Unity and the Trinity of the Godhead. The idea that there is only one God, who created all things, is repeatedly emphasized in such Scriptures as Isaiah 45:18:

“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; …I am the Lord; and there is none else.”

A New Testament example is James 2:19:

“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble.”] "

TRI-UNITY — The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinity might be summarized thus.
God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God.
Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one.
The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order.
The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit.
The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son.
With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality.
www.christiananswers.net...
edit on 7-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question, why would Jesus say there is only one GOD?

Why didn't he say there is three GODS in one, or one GOD in three, or what ever the trinitarians believe in these days.

I want you to quote Jesus.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Do you, now...

There is no where I will find Jesus saying I am 3 Gods... so I can't.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well that goes against the teachings of Judaism and the concept of God in Judaism.

What do you mean by "that"

It was a longish reply...what goes against teachings Judaism? With Christianity it might be many things. Jews are hanging onto an even older religion.
Jesus is a whole new testament and takes Judaism down a road it stubbornly, perhaps correctly, refuses to follow.

I don't understand how we get along as well as we do, considering Jews are literally, anti Christ.

God is like dough and religion is like pizza.
We assemble all our favorite toppings and call it our own pie.

Quality honesty and integrity of people, intent and effect of this individual on others, is what matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hey, guys, what about this? There's lots of talk about the father (masculine), but he could not exist without the mother (feminine). According to Tao philosophy the One begets the Two (masculine and feminine) which then creates the 10,000 things. God=Adam and Eve=10,000 things (meaning the manifest world).

The world we live in is one of dichotomies--good/evil, up/down, hot/cold. What solves this dichotomy? For me it's love. Love brings me back to the One.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

notice all but three of these are not from Paul

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.-Matthew28.18

I (Jesus) and my Father are one.-John10.30

For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.-Hebrew9.16

God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.-Acts2.36

That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.-Romans9.8

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.-Daniel7.14

Kiss the Son-Psalm2

She gave birth to a son, a male child... And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.-Revelation12.5

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.-John1.12

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I wanna know why his name was supposed to be Emmanuel but Mary chose Jesus instead.

Also who are the other kings, and lords, and gods ??

I grew up in church, with heavy fanatical christian parents, and i studied and rebuked many pastors...fact is the book is messed with, and really is not the word of any god.

It is a tool designed to STOP spiritual growth by causing confusion, wars, and fear.

And it does it well.

And how did he get into hell, too break the gates open, LOL so much is total nonsense it boggles the mind...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.-1John5.6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.-John1

www.youtube.com...

God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above EVERY name-Philippians2.8

There were many priests under the old system, for death prevented them from remaining in office. But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him.-Hebrews7.23

edit on 7-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by oozyism

Do you, now...

There is no where I will find Jesus saying I am 3 Gods... so I can't.

So Jesus says there is only one GOD, and that the one GOD is not him, but he never says there is 3 gods in one, or one god in 3, he never says there is 3 gods, and yet you would rather believe Jesus said there is 3 GODS therefore he is also a GOD and the Holy Spirit.

Some of us actually listen to Jesus rather than BS.

Jesus Prays to GOD, he doesn't pray to himself:

Luke 5:16 "And he (Jesus) withdrew himself into the wilderness and prayed to his God."

Matthew 26:39 "And going a little way forward, he (Jesus) fell upon his face, praying and saying 'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.' "

Matthew 26:42 "Again, for the second time, he (Jesus) went off and prayed, saying: 'My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away except I drink it, let your will take place.'"

Matthew 26:44 "So leaving them, he (Jesus) went off and prayed for the third time, saying once more the same word."

Jesus is begging GOD, and you are saying Jesus is GOD, that is blasphemy

Jesus says GOD is one, it is pretty clear, but you are just tricking your-selfs for what ever reason, non of my concern:

Mark 12:29 "The first of all the commandments is, Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord."

It wouldn't have been hard for Jesus to say that there is three GODS as the trinitarians are trying to make us believe, infact it wouldn't have been hard for him to say that there is three gods in one or one god in three. Why did he simply say one GOD? and the most important part, he says our LORD, meaning Jesus's LORD and the LORD of Israel.

What did MOSES say?:

Acts 3:22 "In fact, Moses said: Jehovah will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to him according to all the things he speaks to you."

Jesus says we haven't seen GOD, how have we not seen GOD and yet seen Jesus?

John 5:36-38 "But I have the witness greater than that of John, for the very works that my Father (my GOD) assigned me to accomplish, the works themselves that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father (GOD) dispatched me. Also, the Father (GOD) who sent me has himself borne witness about me. You have neither heard his voice at any time nor ever seen his figure; and you do not have his word remaining in you, because the very one whom he dispatched you do not believe."

And I will say this in the end, either GOD's words are full of contradictions, or MAN has corrupted GOD's message. Even Christian scholars admit the Bible have been corrupted.

Go back to your true faith, don't disrespect GOD, it is the worse sin you can do.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Some of us actually listen to Jesus rather than BS.

Unfortunately... you are not one those that sticks to the red or you would not be such a pill.
One of the select few parts of the Book which might (out of either fear or respect) be relatively free from a large amount of BS, propaganda, coercion, authors liberty, inventive or mistaken interpretation...are the words Christ reportedly spoke Himself in red.

Go back to your true faith, don't disrespect GOD, it is the worse sin you can do.

No it isn't. The worst sin is not to love Him.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I had the Trinity explained to me like this...
Think of water...it has three distinct forms. Liquid, steam, and ice. All have different properties but are made of the same material.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join