It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahat Mosque Razed; Police Officers Stoned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Rahat Mosque Razed; Police Officers Stoned

www.ynetnews.com

(Israel-Palestine) Land Administration personnel demolish mosque built in Bedouin city without a permit; residents demonstrate, throw stones at security forces; no injuries. Mayor: Crime committed against entire public by wicked government.

Some 700 police officers secured Israel Land Administration personnel who demolished a mosque in Rahat in the early hours of Sunday morning. The mosque was built without a proper permit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This Israels continuing agressive stance is just awfull.

After setllements building has continue after freeze, looks like these kind of highly illegal demolitions are happening too in large scale again. How much hate and rage amongst muslims they have to grow to achieve what they are after - war in multiple front?

Razing churches, mosks, holy places - those are only provocative actions to wage wars in near future. There is no other place in world right now, where this kind of government behaviour is aloud than Israel - and everything under US just maniac proval and weaponry.

When is bridge too far? - I think we have been over that limit for a long time already. 700 hundred police? Shame on you!!!

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-11-2010 by JanusFIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Just some latest statistics from damn Nazi-Israel:

PA: Israel raided thousands of homes in October

RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- The Palestinian Authority Ministry of Detainees' Affairs said Israeli forces detained 403 Palestinians and raided 2148 homes across the West Bank during October. In a report released Saturday, the ministry said Israeli soldiers intimidated and assaulted residents, destroying the contents of homes during the raids.

www.maannews.net...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If a building is erected here without a proper permit, it will be condemed and razed. It will not matter what the nature of the builindg is.

Do you think this building was built WITH a permit? The article says no. It doesn't sound as though anything unusual took place.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

And how you think, are there any legal system how palestinians could have those permits? How about Israels settlement buildings whitch are all builded against UN permits?

There is just voice of stronger weapons now - and thats a damn shame that no international body involved threre. Whole Israels case should be one large international operation. Mostly in justice governance.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Southern District police chief Cmdr. Yochanan Danino, who supervised over the operation, said, "We acted with resolve to enforce the rule of law and relayed a message that Israel Police will not ignore illegal activity while remaining sensitive to the Muslims' feelings."
reply to post by JanusFIN

So you are saying that no permit was obtained because there is no system in place to obtain a permit?

Are you also saying that permits will not be issued to Muslims?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ah, they threw stones at the police!
I thought you meant something else entirely!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Possibly there are systems...but are those systems anyway equal? I highly doubt.

I see this is only aggressive politics - 700 hundred police is a military operation, not civil case. Timing is crucial point - why now? Many elements of Israels government are after war - near future - just like in US government they are too (Senator Graham in his latest). Elections are over and its time for wars - not tomorrow, but right now.

Israels role is to be provocative, just like in Gaza ops.

"Wars before end of november" - Iranian president said in August... Lets see.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

My perception is that no matter what rules are in place, no matter what government we are dicussing, if it is in the middle east, it will not work. Someone is always gonna be offended, or get mad, there is no way to please all of the people. I am so glad it is not like that here. I could not live my life on edge like that. I would not want to choose a side, I prefer the way it is here, peaceful.

I cited the permit because the article said that a permit was not obtained. As I said, here in America you must obtain a permit as well. Somehow you can read between all of that, and are able to tell us that no permit would have been issued, so I don't understand why did they build the mosque knowing they had no permit?
The enforcement (700 officers) sounds like a bit much, but from the way it sounds things are going over there, they were expecting retaliation, so they prepared for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Are you also saying that permits will not be issued to Muslims?

Permits issued by israel to build mosque for palestinians on palestinian land stoled by israel?

I think israel only issue permits to its tanks and bulldozers.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well for starters we need to look at the most recent history in Israeli-Palestinian relations, and the UN involvement. At the end of the 67 war, the UN resolution that called for Israeli withdraw was worded in a way that put Israel in the position of legally holding the territory captured in the 67 war. Essentially instead of the resolution calling for a withdraw to 1948-49 borders, its kept them as they were at the time of the cease fire.

Now, The Palestinians had the option to have their own State when Israel was created. The other Arab Governments screwed over the Palestinians when it was rejected and not supported by Arab governments. Since that time the countries in the Middle East have attempted a few times to invade Israel, all ending in defeat. The 67 war was a preemptive strike by Israel on Arab forces that were massing on the borders for another war.

When you provoke a nation into war, and you loose in the process, don't start bitching to the rest of the world about how unfair it is.

As far as Palestinian actions and how they are treated. I find it amazing how Israel comes to the top of the list, with no blame to be shared. If people read history you would see how the Palestinians inside the borders of Jordan created so many problems for Jordan, that they attacked several refugee camps, killing over 3k Palestinians. Lebanon has had the exact same problems, with Palestinian factions fighting and destabilizing the area.

Here is the problem:

Israel, Palestinians, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc All parties are unwilling to negotiate in good faith, or to compromise. Absent that, the tensions will continue to increase, with war eventually breaking out again. Personally speaking I don't think it is a war that Arab forces will win without outside interference.

Which brings us back to square 1.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I cited the permit because the article said that a permit was not obtained. As I said, here in America you must obtain a permit as well

I'm not sure if you aware, but it is actually quite hard for a Palestinian in a Palestinian area of the occupied territories to recieve a building permit. Different story if you are Jewish tho:

Hagit Ofran of the Israeli organization 'Peace Now” stated that during the period from 2000 until September 2007 the Israeli Civil Administration denied more than 94% of requests submitted by Palestinians for building permits. in fact, only 91 construction permits were granted to Palestinians, while in the same time period 18,472 housing units were constructed in the settlements (According to the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics, completed construction in the Settlements from 2000 till September 2007)
www.poica.org...
Ninety one Palestinian permits against Eighteen thousand four hundred and seventy two Israeli building permits.

From the Carter Centre:

Israelis face the same application procedures for building permits as Palestinians in East Jerusalem, yet since 1967 Israel has sponsored the construction of nearly 50,000 units for Israelis only, while fewer than 600 government-sponsored housing units have been built in the Palestinian sector, with the most recent being 30 years old, according to the Israeli non-profit Ir Amim
www.cartercenter.org...

Its probably easier for an American to get a planning permit in the occupied territories than a Palestinian. And some folk wonder why they are mad at us

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

And how you think, are there any legal system how palestinians could have those permits? How about Israels settlement buildings whitch are all builded against UN permits?

I was unaware the UN had jurisdiction to issue permits for a sovereign nation to build structures within their land. I am not Pro-Israel, and I cannot ignore their crimes against humanity, but they live there. That is their land. The people that live there now were born there. They are no longer alien. They successfully took over that land, it is theirs now. They pass the law, and if the law requires a permit to build a structure, regardless of what structure, then by law they have the right to raze said structure if it doesn't follow that law.

Damn the UN. They have no right to issue permits.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Israel doesnt even let concrete in for the Palestinians to use, but yea they issue permits for the people they treat like caged rats,

it is sad when so many people can justify the killing and misery cause by simply saying you started it.
I loose respect for people almost instantly when I hear these arguments.

there have been few quotes said in my lifetime that I remember with great importance and "cant we all just get along" is one of them, sadly with the corrupt power and wealth distributing debt systems our glorious leaders have implemented they have successfully torn humanity apart.

no family should need a permit to build a home, and no person has the right to say they own any land. we are all on this earth and there is plenty of resources for all of us.

new topics

top topics

join