It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic: The Last Resort.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

I explained my take on telepathy above. There's a difference between suggestion and telepathy I guess. Telepathy would mean the capability to speak one to another without words, yet in a way, that the receiver would understand thoughts of the sender as if words and careful explanations have been exchanged. I would consider that to be "magical" since I could not explain it with my knowledge of reality.

I am quite often capable of read people's mind, but I don't consider it to be magical, because usually their intentions are readable from their expressions, style, bodylanguage etc. Sometimes these 'cues' fail to manifest the intentions though. We can deceive other quite easily when it becomes to emotions, as many womanizers and meneaters prove.

But back to the OP. What I really meant by it is that magic, when it is considered to be (for example) impaling a frog on the stick and drawing a pentagram with it and saying some "latin poems" when doing so, is infantile hopes that these rituals would affect the physical reality itself. I know there is another kind of magic, but it is not housewife's kitchen recipes fused with some liirumlaarum.

-v

new topics

<< 1   >>

join