It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

thank you for your post, too. Wasnt halfpasthuman site shutdown not long ago? Is it up now?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I dont ever do banking on line.
I have never trusted the security of the banking system.
My wife deals with many people in here job,.,
A year ago one of her clients lost 80 grand through internet theft
A banking system that was "secure"
that was just an enforcement to my thinking to why I choose to NOT participate in that program.
I have already removed most of my money from the banking system and placed it in a secure location.
I already know what is coming.
Good luck to you..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Chase Bank was having similar problems in mid-September. It may be that these large computer banking systems are inherently undependable. Whitley Strieber tells how his bank balance was once temporarily wiped out. He thought the ETs did it to get his attention! Ross
edit on 6-11-2010 by Ross 54 because: added word to improve account

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Very interesting thread!

I will admit, when it first popped up, I didn't give it a second thought because hey, networks go down all the time in banks. Then everyone else chimed in and I thought, well across the US multiple systems going down would still be normal and given the heightened sense of awareness around these next few days could mean that everyone is just hyper reactive. A light blew last night and the whole house jumped.

Then I got to thinking and you know, it kinda makes scary sense. Shut the systems down over a weekend, don't bring them back for a few days, and per previous poster in order to ensure there is no run once they're back online and/or to give time for the paper transaction to be input, limit the amount you can withdraw per week for an indefinite period of time. All the while deleting records and clearing the paper trails as the heads run off to Cabo.

I know, I know. It's far out there but hey, remember the saying "the easiest way to rob a bank is to own one?" This is definitely worth paying attention to and following!! S & F OP, it's just so crazy it may be true!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by Antoniastar

thank you for your post, too. Wasnt halfpasthuman site shutdown not long ago? Is it up now?

Hi there triplereiki,

You're welcome.

Yes, Cliff's website at HalfPastHuman.com was sabotaged (in my opinion) and it took him awhile to get a new ISP and get back online. His former ISP pulled the plug on him immediately prior to Cliff posting a report (I think it was the November report?). Interesting timing, wouldn't you say? Cliff states (on his Veritas interview) that he doesn't know who is behind it and he also states that he was current on is bill.

He was even left hanging online when contacting his ISP via Internet chat. Someone finally spoke up hours after a chat was initiated asking if Cliff was still on.

Does someone want something kept from the public eye?

I'm just happy that his site is back up and running.

Kind regards,

Star

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You're welcome m'friend

I think some people truly don't realize that there is no money. We get 'paid' by checks. A check is not currency. We pay our bills either electronically or by checks. Again, that isn't cash. It's invisible IOUs.

Our whole country is run on nothing. Sure, there are a few million here and a few million there but overall, there is no money/currency.
How much longer can this go on?

Once upon a time money was backed by gold. Oh, but that was way too precise so ever since (was it Nixon?) they got rid of that Gold-backed system, we've been on a rapid decline. A fiat fiasco if you will!

And now with Obama 'bailing' everyone out with literally NO MONEY, something has to hit that proverbial fan! It just has to. Even a kindergartner knows that. Let's hope we're (I'm) wrong but I really don't think so much to my chagrin.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've lurked here for years and finally joined tonight. Not sure if it would be proper etiquette to direct everyone to check out another board or not, but I was lurking around godlikeproductions.com and they are reporting problems using debit/credit cards AS WELL AS Welfare cards!!!

If you can scroll down past all the immediate BS flags that get thrown up you will see where they have confirmed it to be true and people are posting what they have experienced.

Have there been any problems with anyone here at a Walmart, grocery store or gas station??

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

thank you and good luck to you and your family.
That was terrible the persons $80,000 gone. I would be so enraged.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Thank you, Paymeh.
One thing I learned long ago, is this:
Before you say it cannot come true, first ask yourself, can it be possibly done?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
OK,
I heard of this:
the banks are going to take their little holiday off. There may seem to be a "problem" that delays them to open for a few days.
when they reopen, there will be a limit on the withdrawals, like $500 per week limit. that will "allow" folks to have in their hand $2,000 a month. I know of folks out there with high mortgage payments not to mention all the other bills they have to pay well over $2,000 a month.
Now, if this thing actually happens, if they do this "allowance" per week amount, would that be to common folk, or would that include big businesses, corporations, etc.
Now, talk about a financial crises, that would be a huge one. Just imagin---no, I dont even want to imagine what could come of that.
I can tell ya this, though, I am going to go sharpen my pitchfork just in case.

Hi. I read this same thing. The only thing is the article said that this might occur as early as November 11. This bank thing might be nothing, but "if" this is what they were talking about, it came early. I didn't withdraw any cash.

Also, if there does turn out to be anything to all this, imagine the chaos. People need cash for a million things; gas, parking, food, pay the bills to keep things going. . . But hopefully things will be back to normal at least by Monday. If not. . . . . .

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
After any power outage in my area, ATM machines are often out of service. Every once in a while, I see a message on some ATM's that they are out of service or that service is down because too many people got money out of the same ATM and it is out of cash. You could say too many people got money out or that not enough was put in but it's the same effect. I heard about bank runs and would like to participate. However someone would first have to give me a lot of money and let me put it in my bank account first.
I'm eager to join in if someone helps me.

The people who fixed my furnace today were more than happy to do a bank run on my account so I don't have much left. At least I had enough to pay them.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmmmm

Royal Bank of Canada is currently down, at least for me. Also today I tried placing an order over the phone with Toys R Us and they were in the toilet e-commerce wise as well.

My immediate thoughts are perhaps this has some connection to the daylight savings time change, seems like just a few too many banks and if not Monday could be a lot of fun.

brill

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, here's a news source

www.ocregister.com...

Some Wal-Marts and other chains are not accepting cards ATM either, this seems to be sporadic. People are still coming out saying which areas are up and which are down. Mods, I think this takes it out of the gray area and into Breaking News where it belongs. Wonderful catch OP!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

star for you
mods is it to early to call this breaking?
bank runs planned in europe and us banks playing up

xp

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
there was a planned bunk run today the 7th nov
people were going to protest and remove all money causing a bank run in many europeain countrys
mabey america decided to protect her banks incase it spread to there?

xploder

If you are referring to the European bank run, that is slated for Dec 7, not November.
2nd

brill

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anm71

Thank you for joining and welcome to ATS! We have wonderful folks here, and it can be fun and even a challenge.
I dont go to GLP, but sometimes I will check something out if someone from here mentions something.
As far as etiquette, ask the staff, or post a thread with your question, and members will pop in and be happy to help you. I myself end up half of the time posting a thread in the wrong section. And I am happy a member catches that and lets ATS know to move the thread to the proper area.

Back on topic, debit/credit cards AS WELL AS Welfare cards is something I definately do a heads up as soon as my card is not able to go through. Now sometimes if a debit/charge is used alot, the magnetic strip gets scratched to the point the machines cant read it. But if you know your card is good, then you cant ignore something like that when the card is denied or has to be repeatedly swiped.
I say, if folks are not stocked up with foods (dont forget the T.P, personal hygienes, meds, etc.), and you have had some difficulty with your bank/cards, purchase some of or most of what you need NOW and use a credit card if you have one. If things are just a temporary glich for now, then at least you can pay off your charge amount as soon as your friendly bank is back online/on track.

thank you for visiting my thread

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Paypal is also not allowing me to send funds.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm in San Antonio and for three hours the ATMs in this area were all down, (temporarily out of service) I thought I'd wait a while and try again, but the store nearby said my visa debit card was declined, can't be I have thousands in that account... The hotel had the same problem, but was able to use another method and the transaction went through... I've had these problems before on the road, but after reading this and seeing the timing and also that this is happening now far too frequently these days has me wondering. I don't like carrying a lot of cash, but I may have to from now on. A year ago for example I encountered down ATMs maybe twice, the whole year, and so far in 2010 it has happened dozens of times, It really makes you think when you know you have loads of cash in your checking account and only $20 in cash on you, and can't get any. WTF?

I got my cash, had a great dinner and all is well for now... At least until my scheduled meeting in the morning to make the mother of all deals... Do or die this time! (even the feds can't stop this one)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Hi, and thank you for posting.
Since you did not withdraw any cash, do you have plenty of food etc. to temporarily tie you over?
Gas is very expensive. If you dont NEED to travel, save your gas. If you have a charge card, it may be a good idea to purchase a full tank of gas and some food stuff. If your debit card is working still, get cash, too while you are purchasing your food. At least you will have some cash on hand.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the Welcome. Sure didn't want to mess up on my first post. Like I said I've been lurking here for a couple of years and just found out about GLP. Not quiet as civilized as here....LOL. I only check there to see if something could be happening that hasn't been posted here. Did not want anyone to think I was trying to pull folks there. I just thought it was interesting because they have a quickly growing thread there talking about different situations that fit here.

We all need to be vigilant and prepared for anything. If you don't have a lot of money to prep with....it's ok....just take a look around at what you do have and how you can use it. If you have a few dollars then take a trip to The Dollar Tree. I just found many things there that were much more expensive at the grocery store.

Anyway...back to topic....IF this turns out to be anything what do you think we could experience between now and Monday. With banks being closed on Monday do you think people will continue sitting on their couches waiting on the fix or do you think people may start panicking a bit before Tuesday?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join