It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide And The Aftermath.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
It is not a chemical imbalance in the brain.....because it is not real...

It is amazing to me that people on this web site who have not experienced true clinical depression act as if they are experts on it.

I was on the "depression is not a real mental illness" bandwagon before I experienced it too. I was on the "you don't need medication to treat depression" bandwagon before I experienced it too. But when I finally did experience it, my opinion changed very quickly.

That is why I am saying that you DO NOT know what you are talking about until you have experienced it.

Before this depression hit me, I was very against taking any form of medication. But when it did hit me, it was simply too much for me to bear. The weight of the depression and the anxiety that accompanies it is too difficult to ignore and too difficult to correct on your own. The feeling of being trapped inside yourself with no way out and nowhere to turn is a very real issue and a symptom of a very real disorder.

I had the same opinion on this subject as you until I learned what it is truly like to live with depression. I hope that you never have to experience it, but if you are ever unfortunate enough to experience it, you will find out real quick exactly what I mean.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickspm

Your sister that talked you out of suicide was a great help to you, right? Think about what it would mean to you and the rest of your family if she decided to kill herself. Think about how you would feel. That's what you leave other people if you go through with it.

And I remind her all the time Why she had me live for..

I see what you are saying but you are turning the incident around to pity you pity you..

I thank you for your comment.. It was a good one, at least you told me why you feel the way you do.. That is all I wanted.. not people to spout crap about how suicide is stupid.. Really I appreciate what you said.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You obviously don't have the knack for talking to people who feel as they do.

I have been to Africa on aid missions and talked to families who travel 6k's every morning to gets 2litres of muddy contaminated water. And a lot of them were some of the happiest people I have met.

Then I come here to read a thread where people who live in free countries that have clean water, the ability to survive say they are prepared to kill themselves?

I am not insensitive, but I have no sympathy for people who take life for granted. I am sorry, I just don't

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cowman
Then I come here to read a thread where people who live in free countries that have clean water, the ability to survive say they are prepared to kill themselves?

It's not about freedom or clean water. It's about a chemical imbalance. Your refusal to believe in this chemical imbalance does not make it untrue. It is a medical fact. Please research it. Start with the brain chemical Serotonin and work your way from there.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
"Life isn't tied with a bow, but it is still a gift"

One of my favourite quotes.

I don't agree with Suicide, however i dont totally agree it is "the cowards way out", i'd say its "a person who didn't receive the help they needed in time" way out.

Theres alot of help out there, that people don't know about, dont know how to find, or are scared of finding, awareness needs increased.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well how are we supposed to feel about it? Celebrate it? No, because it sucks. Its vary vary sad to think of how much pain someone would haft to be in to do such a thing. It go’s agenst every grain of are being. Some peeps on hear have a vary callous higher than thow attitude toward it when in reality every single one of us is different and some feel pain and depression and confusion more than others and peeps can call suicides week or whatever who really knows until you’ve been in there shoos and since that will never happen we should show compassion…………………I don’t know, it just sucks

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

It's not about freedom or clean water. It's about a chemical imbalance. Your refusal to believe in this chemical imbalance does not make it untrue. It is a medical fact. Please research it. Start with the brain chemical Serotonin and work your way from there.

Either way, you can't tell me someone with this so called "chemical imbalance" depression, should instead sit on their ass, moping around instead of getting out, finding something they like, and trying to make things a little more manageable?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I know a fellow who was so awful to his girlfriend when he finally did kill himself I think it was the only unselfish act he was responsible for.
They blame the victim because he or she is the only one who could have stopped the act and they didn't.
To commit suicide is selfish because it leaves people who loved you broken and dismayed and it doesn't get any better for them.
I know mothers and sisters who are like the walking wounded. Sometimes this is exactly what the victim wanted.
They will always have a hole in their heart where you once were and always feel helpless and useless and guilty they could not stop you. It is an awful thing to do to other people for the rest of their life because you are having a bad day. Suck it up. Move on. You are going to die soon enough anyway.
This from someone who has scars on her wrists.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cowman

Please tell me what evidence you have that I sit on my ass and have not gone out and attempted to correct this depression? I am interested in knowing what facts - if any - you are using to base that assumption on.

For your information, medication was my "last resort" because of my personal opinion about medications. I exhausted all other options and NONE had enough of an effect to bring my depression to manageable levels. I was still having strong suicidal ideations.

Rather than making baseless assumptions about someone you do not know on the Internet, try learning a little bit more about them first. It will pay off and make you look less insensitive and ignorant in the end.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Rather than making baseless assumptions about someone you do not know on the Internet, try learning a little bit more about them first. It will pay off and make you look less insensitive and ignorant in the end.

Well sir, that can go both ways considering you are taking me on face value, and I am doing the same to you. You constantly assume I should do more research, however you too, don't know who I am nor do you know my background.

In regards to the question: I was not referring to you, but other people in your "quote" clinical depressive state.
edit on 7-11-2010 by cowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I can only relate to my experiences, and it is hard to put into words. I have had friends kill themselves, it is a sad situation indeed. I have been there myself, and have done a lot of research into psychology to find my own answers. In all of the suicide notes, it is evident that they were in pain. The notes expressed it, and sometimes even stated the reasons. What I know is that none of my friends actually talked to me about any of it. I knew nothing of their pain. I was actually suicidal at one point, and I think what I was at the time would be called passive aggressive. I never actually talked about my feelings, but I gave "signs" that I thought would be clearly read by people I loved and trusted. It made me feel even worse that people didn't decipher what I was trying to signal. Now I know I was a moron, had I just come out and said what I was feeling, instead of trying to give signals, people would have reacted different. And now that I see the truth, I think a lot of people are the same way. Passive aggressive, and expect people to decipher all kinds of convoluted clues. It is so crazy the way I used to think, I expected people to read my mind, when most people can't see past their own nose. I liked a girl, would drop all kinds of signals, that I thought were obvious, but in retrospect I was just a pussy. You got something to say, say it, people will respect you way more.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO

Things change. What you see in your life is such a small, small sliver of reality. It is like destroying a beautiful garden because there is a spider in it. What you perceive right now is such a tiny spec of what was and what will be in the life God gave you.

Try to live in the moment ONLY...the sancturary of now...forget the past, forget the future. You might find life really isn't unbearable. Try reading Eckhart Tolle "A New Earth". He thought of suicide everyday as well until he started to realize some things about our relationship to reality.

You are right : the problem is the fact that suicide is the lack of HOPE !!
Today you feel very very bad, the result of sometimes a lifetime trouble or lack of love, but there is no hope left ..... just the hope of no more trouble after suicide .... but why no more hope for the living further ??
Today you feel so bad, but who says tomorrow or next week you will not encounter some loving person, or you will not win a big lotery for example .....
We never may judge a person who commits suicide, we never may judge other persons anyway !
There are so many stories of people that wanted some day to suicide just to find out their life got much much better later on .....
So, the essence is to keep HOPE, first of all try to accept your life as it is, too much people fight against windmills and got tired just by fighting : there is no fighting possible in those circumstances, just let life go by, let it pass, accept your suffering ( easy to say, I know ... ), lay down your neck and ask and wait for death, you will see death will of course not come but your attitude will change – I know what I am speaking about !! you will stand up after a while with some HOPE !!!!
and think about this : there is always just ONE person loving you : it’s Jesus, you are his child, pray to him, ask him why your suffering and ask for HOPE ... But you must believe in a world afterlife therefor, you must believe in Jesus, do you ?
sounds all ridiculous I know, Jesus and all the other little stories, but I know for sure these are the fundamentals of our lives ! Peace for everybody !

edit on 7-11-2010 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is my opinion on what happens after you die. Lets say you have an accident and its fatal! Bam! The '___' inside of your brain releases itself and transfers your consciousness into another dimension or world. This chemical '___' is also released when you are born. I want you to think about that for one minute. These ancient civilizations of the past where very much into shamanism and dimension traveling. Perhaps we created Earth just to experience it and some nasty people have just ruined it for all of us. We even left a FOOD KEY in case we needed help finding the right FOOD in the wild as generations went along. Listen, Carrots look like an iris when you slice them. It is really an astonishing visual. Guess what carrots are known for? Making your vision that much better. There are far better links out there but it gets the idea through.

www.thatsgoodtoknow.com...

If we created Earth to experience it then why are certain plants banned and are not for human consumption? Who has the creator become? The creator has began to imprison the fooled creators and rob them of their experience here on Earth. (btw take that). You have no idea how many times i surprise people around me with great valuable knowledge and they seem to consider me intelligent. I will give you an example. I talk about scientific stuff and I will get some folks that are actually in College, (mind you i dropped out! It's a complete scam to continue to keep you in product mode), anyway these college kids will tell me, that its fake, not possible, no way, yadayadayada. Anyway, i laugh inside. That is clear proof that they are missing very important information. They lack the root principles of how to be a real human being. I want you to think about this theory of mine, tell me what you think.

Great thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I know a fellow who was so awful to his girlfriend when he finally did kill himself I think it was the only unselfish act he was responsible for.
They blame the victim because he or she is the only one who could have stopped the act and they didn't.
To commit suicide is selfish because it leaves people who loved you broken and dismayed and it doesn't get any better for them.
I know mothers and sisters who are like the walking wounded. Sometimes this is exactly what the victim wanted.
They will always have a hole in their heart where you once were and always feel helpless and useless and guilty they could not stop you. It is an awful thing to do to other people for the rest of their life because you are having a bad day. Suck it up. Move on. You are going to die soon enough anyway.
This from someone who has scars on her wrists.

you are right, in much cases suicide is a very big act of agression first of all against yourself but also against your family or loved one, because you want them to FEEL the pain of your suicide, it's a provocation against yourself and others .... you want to hurt them in front of their feelings for you : I kill myself so YOU suffer because you do not love me enough or you want to go your own way and leave me alone ... veryu selfish of course, that is the kind of suicide where the one who commits suicide will possibly kill also the others around him !!!!
But here I think we speak about another kind of suicide, the people completely lost in Universe with no more hope, finding no more ways to get out of the pain ( spiritual ), getting no love at all and even if they get love this love cann't help them either ..... this is the NOTHINGNESS, lost in space and time, lost in your own mind ....
lack of HOPE !! hope is a christian value, it's a fundamental, you have to believe first ....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Suicide is an option for me too...in the sense that I do not want to live that long...I do not want to experience old age sufferings. I suffered too much already. I do not have a family, nor do I want any kids.
What I do want is to travel before I "shut down" myself.

And hey, if you want to travel a bit too, and want a travel companion, then do contact me. I am in India right now.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

This is wrong..

Only a few cases of the 40,000 who kill themselves end like this..

The majority dont even think of thier loved ones when they try and kill themselves.. Read through my posts.. Everything i state is how one feels on a suicide kick..

To say I am suicidal now.. who knows.. I am showing people what a suicide thinks, feels, and reacts to things..

Notice not 1 time I mentioned my family life in a negative way.. exept an exact statement probably to something someone asked.

When I tried playing with a gun I was thinking of the bs i was going through at the time..
When I took them pills I felt that i didnt want to be here..(Honestly That should have killed me I am pissed off that it didnt.)
When I did the razorblade thing.. I that was be me bing an attn whore... I didnt want to kill myself or I would have done it the right way.,..

So some cases are like you said, Most are not..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
everyone at some point becomes depressed and/or has suicidal thoughts. however, if these thoughts occur frequently, you might want to seek help. remember, normal is mediocre, extremes of moods is not normal. with that said, i have been to the edge a few times. something that i learned is to identify when im looking over the edge and resist jumping. i know what is going on, and that if i can just hang on, ill come through ok. i remind myself that death will come for me and their is nothing i can do to stop it, however i can put it off for a while. i also try to enjoy the darkness. seems strange, but when youre depressed, you feel things so intently! pain and pleasure are two sides of the same coin. i channel that intensity into various arts, like poetry, drawing, or writing a book (20 years so far, and no closer to the end).

when i hear of suicide, i have mixed feelings. on the one hand i think the victim weak, yet strong at the same time. i dont condemn them tho. i pity them because they couldnt see that life is experience. i look back to my times on the edge, and think about all the things i would have missed if i had fallen. i dont know, i guess i just see my times as challenges to be overcome and i fight. or perhaps i have just gotten lucky.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Instead of suicide, why not do some daring stuff? Like for example go spend every penny you have on a motorbike and do some stunts?

If you die in the process, at least you will have a name after you are gone. If you simply commit suicide, culturally people will simply feel sorry for you, is that what you want? Do you want people to feel sorry for you>?
I lived in Pakistani refugee camp, eating a piece of bread and a small piece of butter as a day's meal, and I appreciated what I got, and I was happy for what I got. What kept me alive was hope, so hope.

If you don't have any hope left, take my advice, instead of letting people think you lived a useless life, do something daring, so that people would remember you.

How about this idea, jump from a plane. Even if you are in a wheel chair, you can still jump from a plane, with a parachute.

Ahh, in the end, you can die living a risky life, which is much better than suicide, at least you'll have fun in the process.

Good luck in your fourth attempt
Hope this time it is something more than silting wrist, or trying to hang, I hope this time it is for a cause.

I just think like you sometimes in front of this suicide "solution", but the problem is that lots of people wanting to suicide do not have the physical or spiritual force any more or any longer to act like you say !! it needs energy to go bying a bike, lots of in their case "stupid" administration to get in order with the law, it takes energy to go travel to TIBET for exemple .. it takes energy to do foolish things that even can put you in more trouble than before ... and lots of those people have NO MORE energy left, just are like zombies living a lost life .... ( this is NOT a judgment !! not a critic ! just a fact ). So they are really tired of life, also tired of trying to do lots of foolish things that we feel should be fantastic behaviour .....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join