It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Near Future Holds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There are five things that are to shortly take place. Very simple to follow just count the fingers on your hand and follow along as we go in depth to discover the near future of humankind.

Briefly they are as follows:
1. Cry of “peace and destruction”
2. Phase 1 of the great tribulation, the destruction of false religion
3. A reprieve between phases 1 and 2 of what the Bible terms “great tribulation.” It will lead into Phase 2 when Satan leads an all out assault of Jehovah’s people.
4. Phase 2 of the great tribulation. Known as Armageddon.
5. The abyssing of Satan and his demon hordes.

Now if you the kind reader have gotten this far and are still curious as to exactly how all this will play out then follow along.

We live in exciting times. Times of epic fulfillment of Bible prophecy, many have been fulfilled in this the day in which we live, but those must be left for another post as time and space would not allow to dwell on them all. And this is a lot of information to ingest. Some reading this may be familiar with some of the prophecies; others may be reading this for the first time. Whatever is your case it is the hope of your servant that you, if you have ears of understanding hear what the spirit is saying.

Nary are warnings given of this import without reason.

(1)

The first of the events as quoted above that we are now awaiting fulfillment is the cry of “peace and security.” Paul explains what will happen as follows:

“Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.” 1

Who are “they” and what is this cry exactly, and who does destruction fall upon? “They” does not refer to God’s people on earth. Rather it refers to the world of mankind alienated from God. This is a future event. It will be a unique cry in mankind’s history. It will no doubt fool many people. But when this universal cry of “peace and security” is sounded throughout the earth, then “sudden destruction” the end has arrived upon all wicked mankind.

This is a digression for a moment. One may ask how Paul got this prophecy as he does not state it outright in the scripture. And it is a good question. Without a doubt we know that he had the gift of prophecy. Also an interesting piece of information that Paul gives us about a man, no doubt referring to himself, in 2 Corinthians sheds light on his prophetic knowledge of what exactly was going to take place in the time of the end:

“I have to boast. It is not beneficial; but I shall pass on to supernatural visions and revelations of [the] Lord. 2 I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows—was caught away as such to the third heaven. 3 Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know, God knows— 4 that he was caught away into paradise and heard unutterable words which it is not lawful for a man to speak.” 2

This “man” was no doubt Paul. During the time of this writing he stated that 14 years previous he was given a vision of the “third heaven.” What exactly was Paul referring to? Here is an enigma which is solved and is revealed…The number three in the Bible denotes emphasis. The paradise which he was transferred to was future, and not literal but spiritual. Future events were revealed to Paul about the restoration of pure worship during the time of the end and the spiritual estate into which Jehovah’s people were going to enter. He saw and understood how Jehovah’s spiritual congregation of witnesses were to be set up during the last days, things which at that time which were “not lawful for a man to speak.”

It appears that Daniel received a vision by means of signs which he , at the time of it being given him, did not understand, and he said as much:

“Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so that I said: “O my lord, what will be the final part of these things?”
And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.” 3

Here we are clearly shown by the prophet that the prophecy which was revealed to him (concerning the king of the north and the south, and their succession in world history) would not be understood until “the time of the end” and then those having insight would rove and make the true knowledge abundant.

Similarly in the revelation given to John he is told to “seal up” the things that the “seven thunders” spoke to him. That is what was revealed to him were not going to be written down in the Bible, rather he was to seal them up:

“Now when the seven thunders spoke, I was at the point of writing; but I heard a voice out of heaven say: ‘Seal up the things the seven thunders spoke, and do not write them down.’” 4

Thus, this supernatural vision of the future spiritual paradise which Jehovah’s people occupy in this our day was given to Paul, and no doubt, no doubt, he was able to see much of the expansion and blessing that Jehovah has given his people in this our day. Apparently, it appears that this is why his letters are so full of understanding of the condition of the Christian congregation today. And it may well be where he was given the glimpse of this future cry of “peace and security” that will soon take place.

(2)

Now Paul said that when they are crying “peace and security” sudden destruction is to be instantly “upon them.” Upon who?

In Jeremiah we are shown that in his day the religious leaders of Israel were prophesying that there was peace between them and God, when no such condition existed:

“And they try to heal the breakdown of the daughter of my people lightly, saying: “There is peace! There is peace!” when there is no peace. Did they feel shame because they had done even what was detestable? For one thing, they positively could not feel ashamed; for another thing, they did not know even how to feel humiliated.” 5

The religious leaders of Christendom have committed the same crime. They are not teaching their followers the real condition they are in right now, spiritual death, with God. And if it is not reversed they are in danger of losing their lives. God in his love has seen fit to raise a witness up for his great name to warn the people of Christendom, but not only Christendom but the entire world of the dire condition they are in. Like the religious leaders did to Jeremiah, this group of Christian witnesses of Jehovah are slandered, and lied about at the instigation of the clergy of Christendom

When the word Christendom is referred to here we are referring to that part of false religion that claims to represent the God of the Bible, but has proven to be an utter liar. Included are the Catholic and Orthodox and also Protestant sects of Christendom.

Briefly we see the parallel between the Catholic Orthodox and Protestant sects of Christendom in the prophecy concerning two unfaithful prostitutes:

“And the word of Jehovah proceeded to come to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, two women, the daughters of one mother, there happened to be. 3 And they began to prostitute themselves in Egypt. In their youth they committed prostitution. There their breasts were squeezed, and there they pressed the bosoms of their virginity. 4 And their names were O•ho′lah the older one and O•hol′i•bah her sister, and they came to be mine and began to give birth to sons and daughters. And as for their names, O•ho′lah is Sa•mar′i•a, and O•hol′i•bah is Jerusalem.” 6

Oholah, the older prostitute represents Orthodox Christendom and Catholocism. Formed in the third century of our common area as an apostate form of Christianity, she claimed to represent the God of the Bible but prostituted herself to the kings and governments of this world.

Her younger sister, Protestantism, is represented by Oholibah. While the Protestant reformation was supposed to break of the apostasy of the Catholic Church, many of the same pagan doctrines and ungodly traditions of that Church remained in Protestantism.

These two unfaithful whores, make up part of what is referred to in prophecy as “Babylon the great.” When the cry of peace and security is given the world’s rulers will unite in one thought and purpose to turn upon and destroy firstly Christendom. Here we can see how exactly the world’s rulers will unite in achieving this amazing feat, and why:

“And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.” – 7

In this prophecy the “ten horns” represent the political system of things. Ten in Bible prophecy represents something complete in an earthly respect. The “wild beast” of this prophecy is a political entity (beasts in Bible prophecy represent political powers.) So here we see that they will turn upon the “harlot” at the behest of God himself. He is the one that puts it into the heart of the kings of the earth to unite them and to destroy Christendom first and foremost, followed by the rest of false religion.

While this prophecy seems absurd to many, and even to Christendom herself, we are told why it has to come to pass, and the attitude that Christendom herself has at this foretold destruction of her:

“For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.” 8

Her followers and even her religious leaders believe that because of her political alliances with the governmental powers she will never see “mourning.” Yet we are told that in just “one day” all the plagues foretold about her will come to pass because Jehovah God who judges her “is strong.”

In fact, without the unifying effects of Jehovah’s holy spirit, it would be impossible for the bickering, and disunited rulers of the world to unite and carry out any such feat on their own. For only where the spirit of Jehovah God is, there is peace and unity. Thus his own spirit and his own command will unify the kings of the earth to carry out his thought against that great harlot, Babylon the great, the world empire of false religion.

During this opening salvo of the “great tribulation” at the very outset of it, religion will be done away with. It will be a very fear-inspiring time. Religious leaders will be rounded up and imprisoned, and most likely put to death. All false religious festivals such as the celebration of Christmas and Easter will cease. The Vatican will cease to exist, Churches, Mosques, Temples will be ceased, and many most likely destroyed. This will be a world-wide event of terrifying proportions.

To walk around in priestly garb, or religious vestments, the uniform of the nun, etc. would be to welcome arrests, and perhaps death.

When the world rulers turn upon that woman and destroy her, the feriocity of that attack will be so great and so complete that if God himself does not intervene in the affairs of that time all “flesh” alive on earth would be done away with. But on account of his “chosen ones” Jehovah will cut those days short, now allowing his own witnesses to be done away with alongside the rest of false religion:

“For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.” 9

That same prophecy in Revelation tells us that after God has opened up the mouth of the beast to expose the condition of false religion and then tear her apart and rip her to shreds, then after that, then the kings of the earth will stand at a distance in great fear, and the commercial elements of Satan’s system of things will morn her loss, because of the money they made off of her false religious holidays, and the political gains they made off of her:

“And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment… “Also, the traveling merchants of the earth are weeping and mourning over her, because there is no one to buy their full stock anymore.” 10

And no doubt, no doubt, they will know that they are next.

(3)

As God draws those days to a close their will be a reprieve, and a short period of unspecified time when the world rulers will all of them rule together for an hour in unified opposition to Jehovah and his kingdom. All opposers of Jehovah and his witnesses will no longer be allowed to worship or have religion. Worship of the state will be the only form of adulation allowed. Of course atheism will be no lasting friend of the people.

In Ezekiel chapter 38 we are told that at that time Gog of the land of Magog will gather together many nations to attack God’s people who appear to be defenseless and dwelling in the middle of the earth.

Gog is none other than Satan the Devil, the rule power behind the political system of things on earth. Magog refers to his earthly estate over which he rules. So Gog, or Satan will gather together the militarized nations of the earth and Jehovah will draw him into a trap, as he did Pharaoh when he maneuvered him to attack his people at the Red Sea. They appeared helpless with their backs to the sea and no way out. So it will be during that time for God’s chosen ones, and the spiritual estate of his people. Jehovah now in prophecy tells Satan what he has already foretold is in his mind to do:

“In the final part of the years you will come to the land [of people] brought back from the sword, collected together out of many peoples… And you will be bound to come up. Like a storm you will come in. Like clouds to cover the land you will become, you and all your bands and many peoples with you.”’ 11

The “final part of the years” is in this our time, this time of the end. Satan will collect together his militarized people and come against Jehovah’s witnesses who have been collected out of all the nations and peoples, who have left war, and refuse to get involved in armed conflicts, or the wars of this earth. In fact they do not carry arms, and have no army. Thus it will be that Jehovah’s witnesses appear defenseless and easy prey to the Satan and the governments of the world at that time:

“This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘And it must occur in that day that things will come up into your heart, and you will certainly think up an injurious scheme; 11 and you must say: “I shall go up against the land of open rural country. I shall come in upon those having no disturbance, dwelling in security, all of them dwelling without wall, and they do not have even bar and doors.” 12 It will be to get a big spoil and to do much plundering, in order to turn your hand back upon devastated places reinhabited and upon a people gathered together out of the nations, [one] that is accumulating wealth and property, [those] who are dwelling in the center of the earth.” 12

(4)

During this all-out attack on Jehovah’s people the final showdown will finally, at last have arrived. And the climax of the great tribulation, the second phase will have arrived. It is known in the Bible as “The day of Jehovah” and also called “Armageddon.”

How far Jehovah will allow Satan to attack his servants on earth is not known but we do know that they will not succeed. For as they are attacking his chosen named people, it will be as if they are touching his eye:

“For this is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘Following after [the] glory he has sent me to the nations that were despoiling YOU people; for he that is touching YOU is touching my eyeball.” 13

Jesus Christ will have arrived, and the “sign of the son of man” will appear in heaven, and all the nations will beat themselves in lamentation. They will know that their doom has arrived at the hands of the righteous and just God Jehovah.

Jesus will lead a host of angels and those called and chosen who are with him to wage warfare against man, great and small, kings, and military officials, freeman, and slaves. All wicked ones will at that time perish, but “everyone calling on the name of Jehovah” will get away safe:

“Also, the armies that were in heaven were following [Jesus] on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. 15 And out of [Jesus] mouth there protrudes a sharp long sword, that he may strike the nations with it, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. He treads too the winepress of the anger of the wrath of God the Almighty… “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God, 18 that YOU may eat the fleshy parts of kings and the fleshy parts of military commanders and the fleshy parts of strong men and the fleshy parts of horses and of those seated upon them, and the fleshy parts of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.” 14

At that time only your relationship with Jehovah will matter. All other things will be of no importance.

(5)
After the destruction of wicked mankind at Armageddon Jesus will abyss Satan and his demon hordes and a reign of a thousand years of peace will begin over the earth under Jesus’ kingdom rule:

“And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 And he hurled him into the abyss and shut [it] and sealed [it] over him, that he might not mislead the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended.” 15

Thus it is that you have been forewarned. This is what the near future holds.

Now at the end it is right to discuss whether it is just and loving for God to destroy a wicked generation.

We know that it is not Jehovah’s desire to kill anyone, but he desires that all mankind repent of their wicked way and turn to serve him. Because of this he has set up a witness to his name and by means of them the good news has been declared in this the time of the last days.

Everyone is now being given a choice whether to serve Jehovah or not. When he sees that a person is unrepentant and will not turn away from their wicked course he will then put them to death.

He prefers not to destroy man. But it is man himself that determines his fate. And because of the peaceful, meek, and righteous ones, it is an act of love to finally at last bring destruction to all incorrigible wicked mankind. God can read hearts, and he judges with justice and righteousness. In the end, those who have shown they will not change, if they are acting wickedly, will finally be done away with:

“And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.” 16

And here now you are given the choice. And you must choose life, by loving Jehovah our God and sticking to his voice for he is our life and the length of our days. Yes, you have been given the option, choose life and good, or choose bad, and with it the malediction of death:

“I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, 20 by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days.” 17

1. 1 Thessalonians 5:3.
2. 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.
3. Daniel 12:8-10.
4. Revelation 10:4.
5. Jeremiah 8:11, 12.
6. Ezekiel 23:1-4.
7. Revelation 17:17, 17.
8. Revelation 18:7, 8.
9. Matthew 24:21, 22.
10. Revelation 18:9-11.
11. Ezekiel 38:8, 9.
12. Ezekiel 38:10-12.
13. Zechariah 2:8.
14. Revelation 19:11-18.
15. Revelation 20:1-3.
16. Psalm 37:10, 11.
17. Deuteronomy 30:19, 20.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
He walks amoung us

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

I do apologize for this misquote and just noticing it. Obviously it was meant to say "peace and security not "peace and destruction." Also I no longer have an edit button to fix that.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Calender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
There are five things that are to shortly take place. Very simple to follow just count the fingers on your hand and follow along as we go in depth to discover the near future of humankind.

I read this with a different understanding of the meaning. First of all, I think you meant to say "peace and security"

The preposition used can make all the difference in the world! As I have heard many people repeat this phrase, it seems they are expecting it to come about as a false peace and security. Or that peace and security will be declared.

I read this as a cry for peace and security. And the destruction that comes is what you see right now with rights being eroded for the sake of attempting to establish that "security".

With that in mind, I would say that some of us are already entering this tribulation phase.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

You're correct, that was a big misquote at the beginning.

As far as the cry "for" peace and security, yes, that is obviously underway already, especially because of terrorism from mostly religious extremists.

And you may be correct in the assumption that it is only a cry "for" that peace, which is being done now. From our understanding however it is going to be a cry "of" peace and security in a unique way in the near future, and that will be the sign that the trigger has been pulled for the unleashing of the "great tribulation."

You are very correct in that many people are already undergoing tribulation, that is not in question or up for debate. 2 Tim 3:1 tells us quite plainly that in the last days "critical times hard to deal with will be here."

The "great tribulation" that is yet future will be much worse than anything experienced in human history. It will be worldwide, and a time of great bloodshood. I guess you can probably compare it to what went on in Nazi Germany in the concentration camps, but on a worldwide scale.

We know that it will be that bad. In fact it will be so bad that Jesus foretold that if God himself did not intervene "ALL FLESH" alive would be destroyed. Now that is a sobering thought:

(Matthew 24:22) . . .In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

As far as their being only one true religion. That only makes sense. I understand you don't agree with that. God is a God of order and of peace, not of disunity, and division. Jesus himself said a house divided against itself cannot stand.

Paul said:

(Ephesians 4:4-6) . . .One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father . . .

And the promise is made to those who call upon Jehovah's name that they are the ones that will get away safe during that time period:

(Romans 10:13-15) . . .For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

Thus it was foretold that God would have to raise for himself witnesses to prove he exists and to lovingly warn the world of what is about to befall mankind.

Again I understand you believe things differently, but I also perceive that you are grasping to find and understand the truth. That is most commendable, and very welcome in a world full of doubt and pessimism.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Yawn

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just an update on OP.

All this talk of Peace & Security is obviously connected but the fact that this has not led to other events, means that this prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.

Only today the US National Action Plan on Women, Peace & Security was announced

Human Rights Article on National Action Plan

The Watchtower of February 2012 entitled "Armageddon, What is it, When will it come?" makes interesting reading by condensing events to shortly take place in the 3rd Article entitled "When will the War of Armageddon Come?" and puts matters in the correct order for everyone, so that there is no confusion.

The article opens with the sentence... "The stage is now set............."

Events You Are Soon to See Happen

Prophecy 1. The Bible says that the nations will issue a significant declaration of “peace
and security.” They may think that they are on the cusp of solving major problems.
However, the events that follow this statement will be anything but peaceful.
—1 Thessalonians 5:1-3.

Prophecy 2. Next, various governments will decide to move against the world’s religious
organizations. In the Bible, these governments are symbolized by a wild beast; and
the world’s false religions, by a woman who rides the back of the beast. (Revelation 17:3,
15-18) The symbolic beast will unwittingly do God’s bidding by destroying religions
that falsely claim to represent God. In symbols, the apostle John describes the
drama this way: “The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the
harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and
will completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his
thought.”—Revelation 17:16,17.

Prophecy 3. Following this successful attack on false religion, Satan will marshal the nations
for an assault on those who worship Jehovah God.—Revelation 7:14; Matthew
24:21"

Interesting update considering the hysteria about 2012. People should remember Jesus word's "No man knows the date"

Yet again only last week William Hague UK foreign secretary reasserted Britain's close ties with the US. Affirming the 2 horned wild beast of Britain & America as the King of the South. In fact David Cameron seperated himself & the UK from the rest of Europe to stand with his allies from the US. That identity will not alter when these events take place.

We also know that the King of the North leads the attack on Jehovah's people, so it will be interesting to see who that is & whether the recent attacks on God's people eminating from Moscow, and recent animosity between the US & Russia mean that indeed perhaps "the stage is set" as the magazine article implies.

edit on 22-12-2011 by JB1234 because: Grammar and word ommission

join