It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dhimmitude" in Obamacare..maybe.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

dhimmitude is not appeasing muslims, its a tax/ part of the code that you have to live by as a non-muslim in a muslim society. if it's true that muslims are exempted from the health insurance mandate you COULD call that a dhimmitude, but seeing as how obamacare is an unconstitutional mandate to engage in commerce and exempting yourself form it means that you dont' get the benefits of the subsidy that will be created, there is no real benefit to the muslims that could be called a dhimmitude. we're not a muslim society so that's reason 1 why this isn't a dhimmitude, reason 2 is that as sh$$ty as obamacare is, the muslim exemption from it (if that even exists, i've never heard that at all until now) wouldn't really be the same as a dhimmitude because my participation in the program doens't really help a muslim who doesn't participate in the program.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
To test what you say then I ask, based on what is actually available now as the bill is public is the exemption the appeasement of Muslims as some people claim, or is everything fair. That's why I'm saying it MIGHT be in there because a philosophy can be veiled.

If the exemption is an appeasement of muslims, then it's not the fault of the 111th congress or the 44th president. It's the fault of the congress and president that signed the tax code of 1986 into law. The section described as the 'appeasement' has been law as an exception for religious sects and orders to opt out of social security for the past 26 years.

The recently passed law directly references existing law with regards to that particular religious exemption.

Any individual may file an application (in such form and manner, and with such official, as may be prescribed by regulations under this chapter) for an exemption from the tax imposed by this chapter if he is a member of a recognized religious sect or division thereof and is an adherent of established tenets or teachings of such sect or division by reason of which he is conscientiously opposed to acceptance of the benefits of any private or public insurance which makes payments in the event of death, disability, old-age, or retirement or makes payments toward the cost of, or provides services for, medical care (including the benefits of any insurance system established by the Social Security Act).

Essentially, if your religion doesn't allow you health insurance, life insurance or retirement savings, you're exempt from this bill under already existing law. Nothing new about it.

If dhimmitude falls under that category it's not Obama's fault, it's not Pelosi's fault, it's not Reid's fault, it's George Bush Sr. (senate majority leader), Ronald Reagan (president), and Tip O'Neil's (house majority leader) fault.

Special thanks go to WTFOver for their research and links.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

dhimmitude is not appeasing muslims, its a tax/ part of the code that you have to live by as a non-muslim in a muslim society. if it's true that muslims are exempted from the health insurance mandate you COULD call that a dhimmitude, but seeing as how obamacare is an unconstitutional mandate to engage in commerce and exempting yourself form it means that you dont' get the benefits of the subsidy that will be created, there is no real benefit to the muslims that could be called a dhimmitude. we're not a muslim society so that's reason 1 why this isn't a dhimmitude, reason 2 is that as sh$$ty as obamacare is, the muslim exemption from it (if that even exists, i've never heard that at all until now) wouldn't really be the same as a dhimmitude because my participation in the program doens't really help a muslim who doesn't participate in the program.

...I don't think you guys are really getting me. I'm saying that I don't believe it is dhimmitude. The exemption for Muslims is in the bill, but it is the same as the exemptions for several other groups and religions.

dhimmitude according to wiki (not the best source, i know, but its not in the dictionary) is: Dhimmitude is a neologism first found in French denoting an attitude of concession, surrender and appeasement towards Islamic demands.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Thank you, I figured pretty much this though I didn't know what made it so. You can rarely expect the president to be involved in these things yet they tend to garner all the blame. I just made this thread for future people who might hear this notion of dhimmitude to come to and read and essentially learn wht it isn't so. I think some people are thinking I'm truly considering it as a possibility, or that I'm arguing for it somehow.

<< 1   >>

join