It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness to violence: A photographer's journey below the border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Witness to violence: A photographer

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- An abandoned car sits in the Mexican desert outside Juarez, Mexico, the doors and trunk wide open. Under a blanket in the trunk is a body. Hands tied together. A bullet in the head.
This was freelance journalist Jeff Antebi's introduction to the war between rival drug cartels in Juarez. The 40-year-old photographer, also known as the founder of the music company Waxploitation, traveled there to observe and document the violence that has gripped what many call the most deadly city in the Western Hemisphere.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-11-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here are some choice quotes:

"When I arrived in Juarez," says Antebi, "within an hour, over the police scanners, a body has been found. And maybe 30 minutes later, another body.

"And then another body. And by the end of the day, it was 10. The next day, 10. The next day, 10."

"The cartels kill indiscriminately"

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The link includes a CNN video of the violence at hand.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This story made me think of something I was told by a friend who just got back from spending a week in Mexico. I wish I had probed him a little more now and got clarification as to what cartel and city... He said something about one of the cartels getting a bunch of their drugs taken (I assume by cops). I guess he read it in the paper while he was down there but anyway the cartel said they were gonna kill 10 random people a day for every kilo they lost. (Sorry, if I wasn't on my phone I'd try and dig up a news article or something to corroborate this.)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It is a sad thing to tell people but the shootings and killings has dramatically increased over the past 3 to 4 years. It is very bad along the west coast of Mexico, in the big Cities and the small towns. How would I know? My wife is Mexican and we have a house north of Acapulco that we use as a vacation house. We used to go 2 or 3 times a year to our house for holidays and visit my wife’s relatives .The last time I went was 3 years ago because the violence has become too much of a risk for my children’s safety, my kids are 5 and 7 . My wife talks to her relatives everyday and last week her female cousin was outside Electra when two gun men opened fire shooting a man at a restaurant and randomly shooting people on the street in the middle of the day , the Police station one block away and no police anywhere. (They are paid to keep away). It is like the Wild West right now in parts of Mexico, the Mafia is fighting against each other killing innocent people.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by toddtenexpa

What i don't get is how the random shootings bring any benefit to the cartels, other than just fear.

Either way Atlanta just rounded up a major haul from a mexico cartel ...

4,000 lbs of MJ similar crazy quantities of coc aine and meth as well

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The feds have built their vast string of FEMA camps, specifically for the purpose of holding large numbers of regugees from south of the border. So it sounds like a script being played out. They are deliberately causing a humanitarian crisis down there to cause another crisis here.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Welcome to NAFTA. US has full access to Canadian resources and they go to cheap labour in Mexico to build the toys of the American empire. This is the result in Mexico; same thing would be happening in Canada but why kill ourselves when we know who is causing all of our problems?
edit on 6-11-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join