It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lampshade made from Human Skin, Hitler!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
It's interesting that the article mentions Ilse Koch, yet doesn't mention that she and her husband were put on trial by the SS for some of their disturbing behavior, and her husband, Karl was put to death by the SS. So I get the impression that the higher-ups in the Nazi party did not actually approve of this demented behavior.

Edit : This is not to say or imply that the Nazis were not involved in atrocities, but the article only says that her husband was executed by firing squad. It fails to mention that it was an SS firing squad, and not the Allies. Yes, even the Nazis had to draw the line somewhere.
edit on 11/7/2010 by nasdack24k because: nazis

From what I read, he was executed because he embezzled from the camps. Not because of his other actions.
But then I guess it depends on who you read.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
How much did it cost? Are they selling more of them? I think it's a cool conversation piece.
H.R. Giger used his wife's hipbone to make 'Harkonnen Chairs'.
Several years ago I bought a shrunken head from Brazil in Atlanta, and yes it is authentic, no joke.

With all the atrocities in the world a lampshade made from human skin doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Shouldn't those of you that are appalled be more appalled at how it was taken then how it was used? I will donate my body to art or history. n)

It's not the fact that it's a lampshade. it's the fact that it was once a human being. I would think that it should be apparent that those of us that are appalled are more appalled at how it was taken then how it was used.

Science can have my body. But only with my permission.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm guessing had that item been Genuine, then the holocaust museum he offered it to would have been keen to have it, because up until now it was believed to be only a myth.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
About 45 years ago, I came across a book in my fathers library and took it to read at some time. I was around 12 yrs old then. It was called' The Scourge of The Swastika' and when I DID get to read it I was horrified.
There were photos of lamps from human skin, amongst other ghastly photos no 12 yr old should see. I remember hiding the fact I was reading it from my family. Those photos have stayed with me since then, I also believe they have contributed to the way I live my life, how I treat others, and how I look at people. I had never seen naked men and women until that book. ( and I have to tell ya, that was scary stuff then, especially in the context portrayed). I need to add that I am a voracious reader, always have been.
Just been and googled the book title and checked on an Amazon listing. Same name but published in 2006 and I dont recall who authored the original. This may be a totally different book.
The book I read was nondescript grey, and I believe it had the title stamped in gold on the front cover. [[[shudder]]]

Sorry if I have sent this thread a little off course, this has produced strong memories.

ETA: It is interesting to me that the minute I read the OP, I recalled the name of the book I read. So long ago!
edit on 11-11-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Your experience is undoubtedly traumatic but unfortunately necessary. You said reading this book and taking in what you saw changed your perspective on life for the better in some ways. This is why items such as this need to preserved for all to see. The Nazi's were evil incarnate for there atrocities on humankind as a whole, but discarding there acts of barbarism and the tokens of such acts does no one any justice. I hate to say that old school saying but, "Those who turn a blind eye to history are bound to repeat it".
Some of the horrible experiments committed on Russians and Jews are now silently used by doctors to save lives. There are no other ways we could of gathered this information and it gives value to those tortured by these people now knowing that there sacrifice now 70 years later has a brighter meaning.
I am not Jewish but Agnostic, I collect 'curious' items that mainstream society considers taboo. I have quite a collection of stuff that angers, terrifies and saddens many who see them. I do this for I am human and to understand myself I need to see the whole video of the human race, not a couple of select still pictures.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I'm guessing had that item been Genuine, then the holocaust museum he offered it to would have been keen to have it, because up until now it was believed to be only a myth.

I think they didn't want to touch it because there's no proven provenance..

From the op link:

Although Mark has managed to compile evidence that his lampshade is human, he cannot prove for sure that it is a wartime Nazi relic

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join