It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11/11 Already? ATS Knows Something OR....?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is a a mathematical law that states that data is more likely to have numbers beginning with 1 than other numbers. It's called Benford's Law. Typically a number begins with 1 about 1/3 of the time and 9 about 1/20 of the time. So 11 is much more likely to occur than say 67.

From the wiki article:

This counter-intuitive result has been found to apply to a wide variety of data sets, including electricity bills, street addresses, stock prices, population numbers, death rates, lengths of rivers, physical and mathematical constants, and processes described by power laws (which are very common in nature).

Benford's Law

Cool isn't it? I mean there is actually a reason why people see 11s.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Makes alot of sense actually.

small but very simple example of how long you would have the chance on a clock, to see 3 1's in a row

11:10
11:11
11:12
11:13
etc

normal numbers, exactly the same.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nice find, Op. That's really strange. If it's just a glitch in the ATS matrix, wouldn't the mods have said something by now?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I believe I stumbled upon this last night first, but being at the end of the night after some extra curricular activites, I could not make it clear enough on the thread I started and got some skeptical feedback because I had also misinterpeted the date wrong of 4/11/2010. Anyways, the last reply column in the forums section after you click on a general topic has many posts that say posted Nov.11 2010 by ATS member. It is not just limited to 2010 topic page, if you seach Nov.11 2010 in ATS you will see many many instances where this is posted. This was exactly what I was trying to point out. Does ATS know something? Subconscious tatics for fear, paranoia, or preparedness? Or just a glitch? I was a little upset because everybody was calling me out on my misinterpetation of the date format after a post or response and not seeing the main point of the future posted date of Nov.11 2010 in the reply column. I am glad the OP did this before or after I did and have more members actually take it more seriously as a valid question. Unfortunetly I jumped the gun in trying to get the info out and made my self look stupid. Glitch it could be, but certainly it had the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I realized that no one else seen this with all of the other Nov doomsday threads.
edit on 5-11-2010 by Moose318 because: spelling

edit on 5-11-2010 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
No Glitch, just mods playing with the script. I wouldnt expect anything less

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Any information to back that theory up?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazystars

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Any information to back that theory up?

Agreed... I'm still looking for an explanation... a reasonable bug in the code COULD explain it, but does it? Only the ATS Mods or Owners could answer that. That's a pretty silly bug to have in your code considering 99% of the date functions in all programming languages are rock-solid and don't spit out bad data unless it's a custom date function, which it could very well be.... I'm still seeing it in the forums, specifically for the number 11.

But please back up your claims! If you know something we don't and have proof of it, please share.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

That's a pretty silly bug to have in your code considering 99% of the date functions in all programming languages are rock-solid and don't spit out bad data unless it's a custom date function

Regardless of the date functions, there is still code using the date functions such as code reporting dates. A simple bug there can lead to interesting results.

Here's a little puzzle and a minor one at that.

There is the case of the October 10th crash. It happened across a number of systems. The cause was related to using one of those rock solid date functions you mentioned. Any ideas on why code suddenly crashed on October 10th?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
then ats must love my name. but i was wondering if everything happens in cycles according to the mayan calendar and other zodiac calendars and we see the 1111 as a sign of the coming age. what was the sign for the ancients, the ones that witnessed the last alignment? is each sign of the end of the long count different?

I'm just wondering because I notice them too. I try to notice my thoughts and actions whenever i see it. i wonder if it's a sign that i'm moving in the right direction or is it a warning?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

i was wondering if everything happens in cycles according to the mayan calendar and other zodiac calendars and we see the 1111 as a sign of the coming age

Why is 1111 of interest? It's just a number. It's hardly a sign of a coming age.

The Mayans used linear time. The idea of cyclic time was found in older societies. You might want to read "The Sacred and the Profane" by Eliade to get an idea of the difference.

I take it that you are into numerology and think that there is something significant about 1111. You might want to try looking for 9999. It's much more interesting since it is mathematically provable to be much more uncommon.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

i'm not really into numerology it was just the fact that i saw it every where. i first started noticing it 3 years ago and i use to point it out to my girl friend all the time to the point where it was weird. so i looked it up on the internet and low and behold.

do i really believe that 1111 is the sign of the coming ages? i'm not sure actually. i think its more of a hope. a hope for something real outside of our physical existence. but just for sake of argument with myself i'd like to think it's real.

as for the 9's. i would most certainly be tripping out if I saw them everywhere. haha i need to read the book i hate sounding ignorant, i dont care if my grammar is bad, but subject matter is a different story. so i will try and find the time to expand my knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join