It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Crop Sabotage on the Rise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by NoHierarchy

So there's a Cremate Monsanto campaign?!

Wow.

I reckon! They should have televised it!

An excellent, uplifting story!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Wow! Good for all those people! Now I can only hope that enough Americans will ppick their butts up off the couch, switch off American Idol and burn down Monsanto here too! To hell with those killers! I'm ready if anybody wants to torch some GM crops here in SC!

I've also started my own organic only garden and buy only 100% organic meats that have 0 antibiotics, or hormones also.

I used to have IBS/ be sick to my stomach everyday of my life since about 1997 when they started this garbage. Now I feel great! Oh I also only use distilled water.

If I can feel better significantly by these changes over a time period of less than a week! The shizz is poison!

Come on America! Let's folow these heroes example! S&F!

that is awesome is it an indoor garden that you started? And I am on the exact same boat, feeling the changes just days after not eating that stuff.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nittin

Thanks and yeah it's made a world of difference for both how I feel and my wife! It isn't an inddor garden though. Just organic. It's in our back yard. I've allocated about 20' x 30' for veggies where I grow only heirloom seeds that are guaranteed to be non GMO non hybrid seeds. I use only natural gardening techniques and natural compost. Right now I'm growing Indian corn, tomatoes, red potatoes, kidney beans, collards, and watermelons. Then I have also planted some nut trees as well as an orange tree and a peach tree. Then in the flower beds by the windows I have an herb garden, berrries, spices, and onions/garlic.

We then travel about every 6 months to an all organic farm on the other side of the state where we buy a whole cow/chicken etc and freeze it in a freezer in the garage! All organic.

The meat isn't really too much more than regular when you buy in bulk. And the savings on fruits and veggies make it cheaper and way more healthy. The only thing you have to have, is an investment of some time. I just quit watching tv as much. Besides I find it really relaxing.

I recommend it to everyone! I have friends who have apartments and they even have small raised bed gardens to grow some stuff! That's one very good way to stick it to Monsanto and a good way to save your own butt!
edit on 4-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: fat fingers

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
destroying Monsato crops makes Monsato more money as the farmer needs to replace the destroyed crops by buying more seed from Monsato. Stop destroying, there's more money to be made in destruction. just start boycotting, its the worst best way to ruin a company., and no one likes boycotters, so you get a lot of attention which is what is needed. Not even boycotters like to boycott, let alone the victim of a boycott which is the corp., as it has repercussions to the boycotters (they don't get what they need since what they need is what they are boycotting), and costs millions of dollars for the company. so don't support Monsato by agreeing with savagery. It only gives them more of a right to call the rest of us simply animals for domesticating.
edit on 4-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
can anybody say strategic pollen warfare?

pillowcase full of non gmo pollen + monsanto field = less effective product

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
can anybody say strategic pollen warfare?

pillowcase full of non gmo pollen + monsanto field = less effective product

then the companies that make GMO foods will raise their hats and wink an eye as they through example convince the public that GMO foods are better than organic because the GMO's are engineered to thrive in conditions that organic could not, and the organic would die in one pesticide spray regardless. the best way to create less demand for something and sequentially cause a cessation of production is to stop demanding it. Companies do what is profitable. If GMO begins to die out as people become less keen on purchasing GMO products, then any smart company who likes success would adapt to stimulate an insurgance of profits created by supplying the new product that the new wave of demand is asking for. What GMO foods dont you like? maybe yo should stop buying things which contain that product in form or another, in that way that a company sees their investment in this product which no one wants anymore is nonprofitable, therefore less desirable to keep in the production line. if you know anything about food, just about everything has corn in it, and practically all corn in the US is GM. i heard even tires have corn in it. tires. so if you want to make a change, change your mind. do you need tires? can you still walk? can you drink cane sugar in your coke instead of corn syrup? can you do without cheese, cosmetics, carpet, toothpaste, cleaning products...

in the end you gotta beat them intelligently through coercion and suggestion, not force. the general public is nowhere near adequately prepared to use force, nor are we even adequately prepared to defend ourselves against force. i suppose another method ought to be used, such as the methods used by the "elites" to get us into the predicaments of today that we desperately wish we had been smarter enough to foresee and avoid as it took place and before it became part of our world. The government never forced us to accept anything. they just created a series of events to take place in order for us to accept their takeover of our liberties through manipulating reality to an extent that we were too stupefied and naive to make a decision for own better interests on our own clear terms. (btw tons of helicopters suddenly flying over the city of mumbai now because of obama. rare site to see helicopters in mumbai. cool to see how the world works)

the problem is that when people realize something needs to be done, they choose the stupid path of conflict as a precedent to resolution, or realize that life is too tied into the system which they yearn to escape from or reform. how many of you can afford to give up your car? how many of you can stop eating chicken, pork, and beef? these animals' diets consist of the same corn that goes into your cereal, you know? and that corn in your cereal is a GMO product. almost anything pre-packaged has a GMO product in it, including the packaging. i hope people realize that the only way to progress in the name of the people is literally to revolt. i almost thought the french had it during the retirement fiasco the past few weeks. but they gave up. why? because they rely on the government, not the government relies on the people. beggars can not be choosers, everyone knows this, especially your governments. beggars can only fight to survive, and your governments know this as well, and they are thousands of times more prepared for a fight than you are. think of a new way to fight back that maybe calls for less fighting and more talking, such as boycotting.
edit on 4-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How about Kitty litter from Corn? You would think the starving minions would raise an eyebrow. www.worldsbestcatlitter.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

typical consumer point of view.

im not saying its wrong, i just think an individual can do more than just decide not to buy something.

once you cut out everything you realize just how insignificant you actually are (1 person that is). this revolution will take more than a typical negative consumer response. its invaded the biosphere of the planet. its going to take orchestrated strategic extermination.

another thing, your going to have to get over those guilt trips.....a lot of farmers will lose their livelihood in the process...this is inevitable

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Many posters said boycott is better then direct action. In many cases it is. But you need to attract attention to reasons why to boycott something and here is right place for direct action - this thread would not exist without violent action reported in OP. In USA you can not lead effective boycott because labeling of GM containing products will "confuse customers".

What was not mentioned in this thread yet is copyright/patent issues bounded to GM industry. If neighbors GM crop pollinate my crop than proprietary genes can be analyzed in my crop hence I'm in copyright/patent violation situation. This happen on daily basis and especially Monsanto is using this loophole to sew innocent farmers.

BTW is there any volunteer to try GM only food diet for say 6 month? Today it should be possible to manage such experiment.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by asperetty

typical consumer point of view.

im not saying its wrong, i just think an individual can do more than just decide not to buy something.

once you cut out everything you realize just how insignificant you actually are (1 person that is). this revolution will take more than a typical negative consumer response. its invaded the biosphere of the planet. its going to take orchestrated strategic extermination.

another thing, your going to have to get over those guilt trips.....a lot of farmers will lose their livelihood in the process...this is inevitable

i think you misinterpreted

what i was saying is that boycott is a method that with enough momentum gets attention and attention is the platform for influence, meaning the reason for the boycott can be shared amongst more people and so on until a full movement takes place or once an organized group publicizes the boycott no matter the size, like a city council and their local paper.

I wasn't thinking about the farmers losing their farms, i was just briefly ruminating over what would be required of the boycotter of GMO products to comprehend the consequences of such a boycott which would have ramifications that snowball, as they effect so many branches of the industry other than simply a product like a GMO tomato or GMO peanut or something. Because when we think boycott, we think something like boycott the pokemon game. hundreds of other games are left unharmed and instead gain value, as they do not have any relation to pokemon or nintendo and the reason for boycott is isolated to that single entity. but GMO foods have deep blood relations to the majority of major crops grown in the US, and those crops are used for more than just food. So i suggest that if you want to help the organic revolution, try boycotting the crops, and not simply destroying the crops, because destruction is profitable. So we are talking about GMO crops being harmed, well guess who just bought shares in Blackwater? keep destroying a corporation's product illegally, and you'll see that the money invested in a mercenaries wont be wasted, and they'll have more of a right then you. Thats why Im saying peace is better, such as through boycotting. There will be many intensely negative consequences i beleive if boycotting worked, but the result would be worth it. Like i said, a company like Monsanto is still just a company in for the profits. Change the demand, and the company changes their product to suit demand.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Look, its gotten way beyond the boycott stage.Just think of the seed banks that monsanto et al have started......
They plan to put a starngle hold on the very sustenance that mother earth gives to everyone who would put in the effort to reap her bounty.
It is the right of no one to patent or withhold,monopolise or genetically alter the natural seeds of this planet.
This is a humanitarian issue.It strikes across ALL boundaries, political,racial, religious, whatever...
It is not within any goverments power or mandate to licence,promote,encourage or otherwise facilitate anyone in tampering with the basic sources of our nutrition.
Nr ois it within the scope of goverments mandate to restrict anyone from producing his or her own home made foodstuffs of any sort.Provided one is not selling it commercially.
I fail to understand when the goverment thought it had the right to patent,and control natures free gift to all.....
Yet life and death to all of us as well.........Who ever said anybody had the right to tinker with our food chain in such a radical and unpredictable manner?With the evidence stacking up, it apears to me that
Monsanto and other genetic seed firms,are making an obvious, and concerted bid to control the future food sources of the entire globe.This situation is already out of hand in my opinion,what can be done to apply the brakes to this runaway train fast?
Boycotts can be waited out....people tend to forget their direction over shorter spans of time (at least that is my personal observation)Without some form of reeforcement...to put emotional emphasis on it, as well as to stop what can only be termed ill advised, if not insane rush to field these potentially toxic varietiesfrom interbreeding with our natural seedstocks and polluting the entire, or a good portion thereof, natural seeds
There is too great a risk of collateral damage to our environment.We stand to lose any gains through other unexpected secondary results.
IE. A cotton plant which produces a beetle pesticide may also kill off the population of pollinators too, like the bees and birds, and other good insects.
The rush to collect on the research through implementation of ones GM crop has led to corruption before.....
The goverment, and industry seem to share executives who slide back and forth presiding over aprovals of dubious corporate schemes.
Without a mass movement to stop the madness,these small gestures serve to underscore the seriousness of the situation.
Perhaps when more of the general populace reacts the wieght of mere rhetoric will be sufficient.till then,
what other way is there?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

GMO Crop Sabotage on the Rise

news.infoshop.org

Early Sunday morning, French police stood helpless as sixty people, locked inside an open-air field of genetically modified grapevines, uprooted all the plants. In Spain last month, dozens of people destroyed two GMO fields. On the millennial cusp, Indian farmers burned Bt cotton in their Cremate Monsanto campaign. Ignored by multinational corporations and corrupt public policy makers, citizens act to protect the food supply and the planet.

The French vineyard is the same field attacked last year when the plants were only cut. But the security features installed after that incident kept au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
foodfreedom.wordpress.com

Not a sabotage in my opinion but a resistance!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
GMO crops produce a higher yield then non-gmo... You can feed more people on LESS land with gmo-crops...
It is a paradym if you want to controll all the food through non-gmo or if you want to control all the food with gmo... It is the corporations that took over all the food from the mom and pop farmers... If it is just another non-gmo corp running the food chain I don't see how we are better off as to then they can adjust the price as to the yield will be much lower and that tomatoe you bought for a buck just went to six..
edit on 4-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
DOWN WITH MONSANTO! And other Big-Ag companies monopolizing our food!

Monsanto Roundup Linked to Birth Defects in New Study

Monsanot Reaps What it Sows

Who Let The GMOs Out?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I fully support this pulling up of all GMO crops. The US government has been completely criminal in ramming GMO crops down our throats when they KNOW it causes sterility and organ failures. They want you to die from it, that's the point, it's a soft kill weapon just like vaccines and fluoride in the water.

China is smart, they are rejecting ALL US crops with even a small GMO contamination. The US government has polluted our crops with this Monstanto Frankenfood that the Chinese don't want it!

Wake up people - we have a CRIMINAL government that has sold out our own food supply so they could get rich in Monstanto payoffs. I hope everybody rips up the GMO crops everywhere. They are a crime against humanity just like our use of depleted uranium.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

WHOA this fat american has woken up
Thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Regarding the sabotage vs. boycott debate--as long as people aren't getting violent and hurting other people, I see no problem whatsoever with trashing these poisonous crops. It gets reactionary attention from the media and thus makes more people aware of the issue. There's no reason we can't do both--sabotage AND boycott.

As an aside, if anyone wants to start a guerrilla garden in the Phoenix/Tempe area, or knows of an existing one, hit me up. These things are awesome:

Guerrilla Gardening

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

This is why the Bible predicts great food shortages in the last days. People are destroying their own food. Way to go. You'll wish you didn't when the groceries are empty.

Actually I'm not a big fan of GMO food, but nor am I a fan of knee jerk protests in the absence of evidence. Did the protesters have evidence that this particular strain was harmful or unlawfully pushed on the consumer?

You are against GMO food, but are you against breeding or hybridization? What if one particular modification actually did improve food quality or increased the vitamin content or something like that. Would you be against it?

Liberals need to learn to start making reasoned conclusions and not just react because the marxist media or some website told them so.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is great and shows what can happen in democratic societies. Of course Monsanto isn't going to send in XE to convince these people to use their products, they could never get away with that in Europe. But those that try this in the third world had best be very careful not to get themselves or their families jailed, beaten, or killed.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Karma, Monsanto used to do the same with farmers in Latinamerica.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join