It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge volcanic blast spurs more Indonesians to flee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
It just seems weird to me that we having disasters right after another. It seems odd that the the whole world had an earthquake. I mean it doesnt seem weird cuz history repeats itself but what i am getting at is that WE MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH THE BEGINNING STAGES OF WHAT THE DINOSAURS WENT THROUGH.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f962ad79e743.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3-11-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow that picture looks so creepy.

Yeah man, I don't know. Seems like things are really starting to pick up lately. Today in particular feels like it will be full of all kinds of earthly events that will be happening.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if thats the case theres not much we can do....hope to see you here on ats when the apocalypse comes :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Wow that picture looks so creepy.

Yeah man, I don't know. Seems like things are really starting to pick up lately. Today in particular feels like it will be full of all kinds of earthly events that will be happening.

I know what you mean bro I have felt weird all morning and still do. I woke up at 3.A.M. last night and thought my room was shaking slightly. And it was as there was a huge seismic phenomenon that happened. But thats besides the fact. I fell like the poop is about to hit the fan and get all of us covered in earthly disasters.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
news.yahoo.com...
It just seems weird to me that we having disasters right after another. It seems odd that the the whole world had an earthquake. I mean it doesnt seem weird cuz history repeats itself but what i am getting at is that WE MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH THE BEGINNING STAGES OF WHAT THE DINOSAURS WENT THROUGH.

No, what we are going through is seismic activity and volcanic activity none of which (as far as I am aware) were caused by a Chicxulub type event. We are not experiencing an Extinction Level Event of any kind just at the moment.

The whole world did not have an earthquake. Papua New Guinea had an earthquake, and it showed up all round the world on the helicorders. The same happened today. It may happen tomorrow as well.

There are 200+ or so detected earthquakes a day on average, around 83,000+ detected a year and maybe even millions more than that. You can see the official figures here. Currently the earthquakes for the last 365 days that are above magnitude 1.0 run to 83,610 on the data that I collect.

This is by no means all of them and there will be hundreds of thousands under mag 1.0

As regards the title of the thread, yes there was a huge blast today, but the current activity at Merapi was not unexpected. It is sad that some people have lost their lives in this event, but that does not make this any more significant than other Indonesian Volcanoes which are after all in probably the most active volcanic and tectonic area of our planet. Deep earthquakes, large magnitude earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions are to be expected in this area, and they have always happened. They are no more happening one after the other than they have done in the past but we have got so much better recently at communicating these event instantly across the world.

Edit: I know I am going to regret this.....

And it was as there was a huge seismic phenomenon that happened.

Oh yes? And what was that? There is no way that the Indonesian quake shook your room assuming you are in the US, and were actually in bed and not in the UFO flying over.
edit on 3/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

In order to try and understand where you're coming from, your thinking process and your perspective I'd like to ask you a few questions. I've thought about something like this for a thread but for now this post will work just fine. First, I'm curious if you've visited ATS for a lengthy time prior to signing up because you haven't' been here very long. Prior to accessing ATS or the internet and getting news, opinions, discussions, etc. how and where did you gain access to current news and events? From how many sources and from what sources did you do so?

Personally, I watched and read only MSM news organizations prior to about 10 years ago. As an example, earthquakes, volcanoes and other similar natural disasters only seem to make it onto MSM if they're significant to the population related to disruption, injuries, death, infrastructure or inconvenience of the general population. Seriously, prior to the internet and the ability to gain very easy access to a multitude of topics and events I was quite simply unaware and ignorant to a degree of what goes on in the world.

I will admit that some of the current, and past, disasters have some suspicious qualities but I must return to my first paragraph upon that statement. Reading through various websites over the last decade has broadened my realization of what actually occurs, and has occurred, here on planet Earth. Like I said, I'm not saying there's nothing to all of this but my skepticism and reality kicks in that except for several years worth of perusing the internet there's a lot that I simply wasn't aware of. I have ignorance; that's why I'm here on ATS.

I certainly agree that history repeats itself and I believe we're in a cycle of some sort cause there's plenty of evidence of the Earths' history and cycles. I also must ask about what the dinosaurs went through. I know there's still some speculation and it's not absolutely proven (I honestly think it's nearly impossible for much of anything to be absolutely proven without a doubt), although widely accepted, that the cause of their demise was an asteroid so I can only assume that you're referring to an ELE as opposed to the actual events that are questioned. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Again kid_cudi, while I am obviously singling you out and am interested in your thoughts, this is really a question that I wonder of many, if not all, people. I'm not saying there's nothing to all of the current events because I honestly can't rightfully say that, but rather I question how you come to the conclusion that current events are different and significant compared to other event's in the near and distant past. I'm interested in your thoughts and anyone else that cares to respond. I'm mostly looking for some perspective here. Thanks in advance for a reply.

top topics

join