It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Year Brit UFO tapes released - FINALLY!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

The title of the SUN's article is missleading. Halt's tape is available for over 20 years.
And it is a TAPE (not tapes). Yes it is released - it is released on their web site. The same journalistic effect you can achive at home - type in google "rendlesham halt tape audio", download it and after that publish it in your personal blog. That is the same kind of release that we are talking here.
edit on 3-11-2010 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

Thank you. Althought you have ruined my thread and made me look a right wally, im greatful for the post

I have actually found the headline on a number of other websites. I wonder why so many people are under the impression that there are newly released files because if there are any, I can't find them. I can happily say that this is the first time i have heard the ACTUAL recording from the night rather than a staged one.
edit on 3/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

Actualy I think you have done a good job. You have reported what you have found and shared the data mostly without interpreation and that is always a good thing so the others can look at the material and corelate it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I thought I'd already heard of this one. I heard the recordings of the reported incident a while ago, on a radio show I think, and it really did sound very credible to me. The eye-witnesses sound very afraid and genuinely shocked at what they're seeing.

I was in the RAF for a number of years and part of my job was taking 'Low-Flying Complaints'. A lot of the calls actually turned out to be UFO sightings, most of them were accredited to low-flying aircraft but some of them were rather ominous and unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I have actually found the headline on a number of other websites. I wonder why so many people are under the impression that there are newly released files because if there are any, I can't find them.

I see the same thing here at ATS... I will spend weeks researching a thread, post it, get umpteen flags and stars... and a few months later it is lost in the sea of threads and some new person will come along and say "Hey looky what I found"

I just did that myself on a video... I did the search... nothing showed up so I posted it. ArMaP came along and said he recalled this being on before some time ago and went to search. Well he found another new thread posted before mine and the same title. So it happens

ATS search is better than it was, but it misses some times. I actually have better luck using google and adding ATS in the search because google digs through all the content

As to that audio tape... Yeah seems it has been around for awhile, but I never found it till your thread came along

www.crowdedskies.com...

edit on 3-11-2010 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've heard this tape numerous times and it sounds to me like Halt is drugged, especially when he keeps saying "it's weird, this is weird". In studying this case and the debriefings that followed I don't think this is really a UFO event but something much more sinister. I think this was actually a mind manipulation experiment that leaked out a little. the participants were drugged during their debriefings and shown UFO footage while under the influence of some sort of psychotropic drug.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If we had a data base filing system there would be no further use of
training new agents to put out the same old dis info dating back to Roswell.
Well we do have other inventive way to have UFOs.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
LISTEN UNTIL THE END!

Wow.

Straight up saying that their are other craft in the sky as they are approaching the moving balls of light on the ground.

These guys hide out in the woods, and end up retreating to base, letting whoever crashed and their buddies clean up the mess.

If they thought these were Russians or Chinese, there would have been guns blazing.

They knew not to fight these things.

One to the south comes in and shines "a beam of light" down as they are retreating back to base.

HOW CAN THIS NOT BE A CRASHED UFO AND A RECON/RECOVERY BY WHOEVERS CRAFT IT WAS THAT CAME DOWN.

The guy says that balls of light are up 4 feet from the ground, and moving, at one point, right before the other craft comes in and shines the beam down, they all turn on and shine bright. Before that they seemed to be "blinking" and when they zoomed in on the light, it had a dark center like an eye.

WTF

WTF

WTF
edit on 3-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First time I've heard the full, original tape. S&F

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not that this turn of events isn't interesting, but supposedly there's video footage as well. It'd be much more interesting to see that, as there was already some audio available. The Rendlesham case is indeed quite intriguing.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have found somemore news on Rendlesham Forest. Well...i say found. I get a monthly news letter from BUFORA regarding recent Ufo news. Here is the link about a radio show doing a programme about the Rendlesham incident.

news.bbc.co.uk...

BUFORA are an investigative organisation specifically working on UFOs with a massive reputaion in Britain. I know most of you know that but just incase.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by uforadio

Every Morning I have a quick look at all the papers online and I stumbled across this. Great news about Rendlesham Forest, something most of us are very excited about. I thought i would share the source of the story.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I will do my best to find some of the recordings, I will post them as and when i find them, hope you guys will do the same. There is a snippet on the link above.
edit on 3/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

The title of the SUN's article is missleading. Halt's tape is available for over 20 years.
And it is a TAPE (not tapes). Yes it is released - it is released on their web site. The same journalistic effect you can achive at home - type in google "rendlesham halt tape audio", download it and after that publish it in your personal blog. That is the same kind of release that we are talking here.

Yeah, I was going to say this. I have been confused by these posts, as, as you say, the track is on the page the OP linked to, yet he was suggesting he hadn't yet found the sound file, on top of that, as you have also said, I heard this several years back.

Oh well, can't do any harm to introduce it to new people.

Thank you. Althought you have ruined my thread and made me look a right wally, im greatful for the post

Hehe. No he hasn't

As you can see, there are many people in this thread who hadn't heard the file before, so you've done a good thing.
edit on 3-11-2010 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by subby
First time I've heard the full, original tape. S&F

If you are refering to the audio that is published on the Sun web site, it is not the full tape.

The lenght of the uncut tape has a lenght of 18 minutes. The version on Sun site is 6,20 minutes long.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I wish I had higher hopes for this programme, but it sounds like its going to be another "It was only the lighthouse they were seeing, folks, nothing to worry about......or was it a comet.....or some space debris......or all of the above, but definitely not a UFO....so thats it cleared up once and for all, thanks for listening."

Anytime I see "one of the greatest mysteries of all time is about to be solved once and for all" - especially on the BBC website, I cringe. There are just too many angles to this story for it to be written off as a lighthouse, especially when you read in 'Rising Against's' excellent thread 'The Rendelsham UFO-what really happened', the lighthouse keeper has said:
"... some time the skeptics have been pestering me in an attempt to get to support their theory. I cannot do it. I know what my lighthouse looked like from the forest. I have seen it in all weathers. It just could not do what those airmen and local people describe the UFO as doing..."

I know I have heard some of this tape before, but it is good to read that the story is still alive.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by mortal
reply to post by jexmo

Very interesting news. I find it little odd that why they even have to classify those tapes in first place, why not just share it to people. What good it will do to make them classified?
keeps us in the dark, it "prevents mass pan!k" it's a national security issue, they've kept us in the dark over all the other ones.

take your pick

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If you are refering to the audio that is published on the Sun web site, it is not the full tape.

No he is referring to the full tape I posted a link to 2 posts above his

I swear, READING threads at ATS is becoming a dying art

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
spreading......

US military UFO sighting tape released after 30-years, so what's the truth: A UFO tape is released after 30-years, however, it fails to explain what the phenomena actually is. The tape recordings of the US military personnel who were investigating a suspected UFO landing is released almost after 30 years. 30 years is a long time and is a life time for some.

It was 1980, and in the dead of the night just after Christmas, the airmen from USAF Bentwaters air base had investigated the suspected UFO landing. They went on to investigate an event in Rendlesham Forest near Woodbridge, Suffolk, where the suspected UFO landed. The UFO tapes is said to have vivid account of what they found that very night.

The servicemen were led by Col Charles Halt. Col. Charles was second in command at the base. It is not quite clear what they thought they witnessed was some sort of a phenomena. The tapes are accompanied with descriptions of "strange" lights in sky and an odd damage to the pine trees 15ft to 18ft off the ground look really eerie.

One of the Americans said, "I hear very strange sounds of farmers - barnyard animals. They're very, very active, making a lot of noise.” He said, "Straight ahead. There it is again. Straight ahead. What is it? A strange small red light. “

"It looks maybe half a mile further ahead. Go back to the edge of the clearing; see if we can get a look at it... the animals have gone quiet now... It is deathly calm."

In a hushed tome he adds, "There is no doubt about it - it is a strange flashing red light ahead.” He continues, "I saw a yellow tinge in it too. Weird. It's coming this way. It's definitely coming this way.” "There is no doubt about it. This is weird."

In spite of the limitless speculation, there never has been a perfect answer to what really happened on that bizarre night before Christmas.

There had been numerous different theories about this. Everything ranging from aliens landing to lights from a lighthouse at nearby Orford to a mid air collision to an air force mishap that was covered up have been said about the phenomenon.

www.lanewsmonitor.com...

more....

www.newser.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Get your copy of the complete 17:54 min. Halt tape in MP3 or WMA format here.
www.ianridpath.com...

By the way the Halt tape released after 30 years? Not really, it's been around since 1985.
Check the link.
edit on 4-11-2010 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
By the way the Halt tape released after 30 years? Not really, it's been around since 1985.
Check the link.
edit on 4-11-2010 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

Already resolved on page 1

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

No he is referring to the full tape I posted a link to 2 posts above his

I swear, READING threads at ATS is becoming a dying art

There was no quote. Thanks for the clarifiation. I see it now on the crowdeds link.

By the way, now even the Telegraph has his own ultra-special-exclusive release

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They were probably officially released since Halt already had a personal copy of the tape and enlightened the public about what he saw and recorded. Many tv programs in fact have him playing his recorded findings already.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Lee Spiegel joins the party

www.aolnews.com...

This time exact disconnect from the Sun and Telegraph. He is using right description stating that "recording is making internet rounds" which is different from initial story that tape has been "released".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join