It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accept higher immigration or have more kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
cnews.canoe.ca...

Up here in Canada we are no different from various parts of the world. Since the advent of the pill and feminism our birth rate has declined dramatically.

I am not posting this as a judgment against the pill or feminism, but there is a reality that remains. Lower birth rates for the past few decades means that there are far fewer working people paying taxes to fund the pensions for our increasingly older country.

So the reality means, either Canada accepts more immigrants, or we can no longer fund the pensions for our retirees.

Canadian women just aren't having babies any more.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's the problem with birth control but I think we have enough people on earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I was watching national geographic and it had a segment on Canada that for the population to maintain the average women would have to have 2 kids, and Canada is at a 1.5 or something. Don't know the exact numbers, but you are right Canada's population will decrease over time.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
the sad thing to me is that our culture may die out.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well, retirement, pension, etc...it is literally a pyramid scheme...that so long as people are popping out babies, is fine..however, as you mentioned, ya...less babies = debt

What they should concentrate on doing while there is time is fueling longevity science, truely trying to increase the health and lifespan of the citizens, then jack up the retirement age significantly...then you have no issues...far better approach in my opinion.

but ya, the effect will be increasing the age of retirement...simply has to happen..its a math thing no matter how many protests come from it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skischoow
the sad thing to me is that our culture may die out.

Culture always changes

in America, the same was said when the irish immigrated, and the italians, etc...every major population immigration was complained about historically of how it will completely destroy the culture.

now it is the same argument but against the latins...

cultures adapt...have sensable rules in place for government that demands equality and freedom and the culture will only benefit from the massive influx of the new as it always does.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, here in the US it's financial responsibility when faced with economic hardships that keeps us from having extended families. It's destroyed everything. People who get hurt beyond ability to work or children that are born with mental handicaps end up losing the one or two people able to care for them, then they're on the already strained assistance programs.

On a brighter note, if this country keeps going like it is, I might head up that way. I'd be happy to help fix that problem. Just point me in the direction of the ladies please.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I almost responded, but decided not to. Can we please keep them out of this? He was addressing his culture dying out, far different than being overran by another. There are better threads for the Latins to be brought up in.
edit on 1-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

" Canadian women just aren't having babies any more. "

I would think Economics is the main Reason behind the lower Birth Rates in Canada and the United States more than anything else that could be suggested . The Cost of Living for Families today is 3 times Higher than it was for a Generation ago . Technology has also contributed to loss of General Labor Jobs that in the past were in Higher Demand .

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
cnews.canoe.ca...

So the reality means, either Canada accepts more immigrants, or we can no longer fund the pensions for our retirees.

Canadian women just aren't having babies any more.

I have a couple of answers to your problem!!!
1) When they are caught in America illegally we will deport them to Canada. Or when they are bused over illegally we will pay the gas money for them to keep heading north.
2) After tomorrow we will have a lot of out of work Progressives that we would love for you to take.

just something to think about.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
ever see the movie Idiocracy? The way IQ corresponds to how many children people have, the world is going to turn into that.

just another reason to support the NWO population reduction plan

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
ever see the movie Idiocracy? The way IQ corresponds to how many children people have, the world is going to turn into that.

just another reason to support the NWO population reduction plan

That's what education is for.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

lol, my area the culture hasnt change since after the civil war, with only recent change due to tourism. The thing is i want my culture to still be my great great great grandsons culture, sure it changes, but when you change the religion, add certian doctrines, remove others, displace others, etc it isnt changed but destroyed.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
I have a couple of answers to your problem!!!
1) When they are caught in America illegally we will deport them to Canada. Or when they are bused over illegally we will pay the gas money for them to keep heading north.

No problem, because I guarantee you once winter arrives, you'll get them back!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think it is better to accept more immigrants,you know that the number of the population in this world has already been to the utmost limit that this earth can bear.
edit on 5-11-2010 by Lafaso870 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is not true we in India have the one of the largest Pop but have a lot of interstate Immigration Like people from other states coming to a another state but the guys of state where people immigrate to do not like them to work, a classical example is The state of Maharashtra where all the some bad and very good jobs are held by guys from other states so all the local guys are up in arms they don't want to work nor allow others to work it is a Human nature " if I am living in #ty conditions so should you".Although this does not work as we have a very tough Constitution which allows any one to move freely in the country so no one can interfere.
It is the type of work you are ready to do as per your qualification there would be no immigrants at all.

top topics

join