It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Way to go OP!!! First look at Michael D Griffin, NASA

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is just bizarre, but very interesting. I think he is alive and locked away, for what he has seen/done. Maybe he was brainwashed to believe he is on another planet, and has been shown a window that shows this scene(the pics), and maybe he somehow got to a computer and a camera or pictures or scanner,when his guards fell asleep, and remembered his google account and got a message out. Just a guess, but as good as anything?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmmmm..been watching this thread from the start..

Interesting to see where this goes...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Haven't you parsed the headers of his message for its source, Daniel?
I don't know which email client are you using, but you can always find out the source of any email.
In Thunderbird you click on "Message source"; I don't remember hpw I used to do it in Outlook Express, because I haven't used it for years, but I remember it was very easy.

You can also use the Sam Spade utility.
It's free of charge and can reveal A LOT.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Frodo-

Thanks for the letter! Step 1 complete. Now, could you upload the pics to exifdata.com... like another poster suggested? Also, could you put up a screenshot of the email from your "uncle" in it's entirety as well? Thanks!
edit on 1-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OP, while I am in no way questioning that that is a letter you received, I do find the grammar and wording suspect.
It just does not sound official, the terminology, the return address...I don't know, just doesn't seem right.

Perhaps someone wanted your family to believe it was a letter from NASA and faked the letter. Maybe your Uncle himself?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Agreed, if he does have a legit letter from NASA, the story would be much more believable.

Letters are very easy to forge for digital purposes.
I am NOT saying the OP has forged it, all I am saying is that they are very easy to forge.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Frodo, Please take a screen shot of the new email for us. I am not great at this stuff but I don't think that would be very hard, or copy the email and creat a jpg that you can show here. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Or maybe it's all a crock of #. The letter is so badly written it would be hard to believe that a primary school aged child wrote it, nevermind an engineer and administrator at NASA

edit on 1-11-2010 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Agreed, if he does have a legit letter from NASA, the story would be much more believable.

Letters are very easy to forge for digital purposes.
I am NOT saying the OP has forged it, all I am saying is that they are very easy to forge.

I think if the OP uploads the pics to exifdata.com... we will find out pretty quickly if the pics (at least) are a hoax or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would think that the NASA letter, at least, is not a hoax simply because of how quickly he posted it after being questioned for it. The pics, I don't know...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Right..because there's no way that he could have prepared it in advance

edit on 1-11-2010 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I think if the OP uploads the pics to exifdata.com... we will find out pretty quickly if the pics (at least) are a hoax or not.

Oh, I agree.
What I find puzzling is why he hasn't parsed the headers of the email.
Like I said, it can be done from any email client or with Sam Spade.

If its provenance is webmail it may be more difficult.... but not impossible.

edit on 1-11-2010 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great post.
Wether it`s a hoax or not.
It`s certainly got me confused.
Who is winding who up ?
The OP or the uncle ?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Question.... The log on the letter - wouldnt they have used the so called "worm" logo back in 2006 - not the block letters??
I could be way off base - but I love a good mystery

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
hmmm ... I do think I may be wrong after looking a lil further at the dates.
My bad

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
OP, while I am in no way questioning that that is a letter you received, I do find the grammar and wording suspect.
It just does not sound official, the terminology, the return address...I don't know, just doesn't seem right.

Perhaps someone wanted your family to believe it was a letter from NASA and faked the letter. Maybe your Uncle himself?

That honestly became an impression of mine during my reading of it. But then I took into consideration that perhaps due to the circumstances of the letter, that perhaps a less traditional approach in correspondence was in order for that letter. I will certainly give the benefit of doubt at this point and I am certainly interested so far in this thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop

I am inclined to agree. There is a certain style to the OP and that style and grammar is carried out in the letter. On top of that the other issues I'd have are:

*Why would someone use an "old account" that hasn't been used in 4 year. Most people would cancel that account, not keep paying for it although I might consider it was an account still being used by the spouse with a different email account.

*The "uncle" begins with "Daniel, it's your uncle" as if he wouldn't recognize who it came from. If I sent a letter to my mother I wouldn't begin with "Mom, it's your son".

*The uncle states there is some shocking news there was an accident then goes on to say that he is fine now. At this point there is no reason not to say what happened like he was injured in a fall, lost a finger, etc.

*The focus too quickly shifted from the 'Hi it's me and I've had an accident' to the anyway here are some pics. You've got a chance to connect with someone to tell them you are ok and no one, not even yourself knows where you are and that is all he can say? Not buying it.

*The "NASA letter" clenched it for me with that writing style and grammar.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

Right. I also think a letter from the Head of NASA might be addressed more formally.
Dear Daniel?
Does the Administrator really need to tell Daniel that the rest of his family has been notified? I would think Daniel would already know this. Would they even issue a letter to a nephew? I would think spouse and maaaaybe children, but nephews?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

You got me thinking about that too. I found some info.

www.logoblog.org...

The Logo is right...interesting read none-the-less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join