It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sportbominable
My first thought is that I don't believe you. Can you even send email from outer space?

Well, I never said he's in outer space.

I don't get any of this either! Like I said, it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Originally posted by gatorboi117
scan the letter you recieved, upload it to the ATS database, and add it here so we can see it. This will help us determine the validity of your claims.

But it was an email. I can't really scan an email, unless you want me to print it out and scan it, which I would be happy to do.

Originally posted by gatorboi117
if you are comfortable, tell us the name of your former deceased uncle.

I'd really prefer not to. At least, not right now. All of this makes me really nervous, and it has all my family in riot.

If there's anything else I can do to help you know I'm legit, just let me know. I want to get to the bottom of this.

Originally posted by new_here
Did you reply back to the email?

Hah! Yeah, like, fifty times.

He hasn't responded...yet. At least there is no error message.

Does your aunt know anything about what he did at NASA? Does she know any of his co-workers? Who is DeltaCom? Is this for real?

This is for real, yeah. But I don't know anything. I'm meeting with my aunt this evening. maybe I can find something out then.

Maybe he is back from where ever he took those pictures from? Just a thought... I have never seen pictures like this before..

Or, did he even take the pictures? I have no clue, but anything is possible until proven otherwise.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Go to exifdata.com and put in the url of the photos.

As the other poster said, these are photoshopped. I doubt they were just cropped in PS because their sizes correspond to template sizes in the program.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
weird story...photos look like cheap 3d creations

call me paranoid...but i think " BillyMeyersProphet" is back

if not..im sorry
keep on posting pls

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrodoBaggins
I just woke up one morning to read the mail, and there was a letter, allegedly from NASA. It said that my uncle was lost in a top secret experiment.

Is there any chance you still have that letter?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels

I just woke up one morning to read the mail, and there was a letter, allegedly from NASA. It said that my uncle was lost in a top secret experiment.

Is there any chance you still have that letter?

Agreed, if he does have a legit letter from NASA, the story would be much more believable.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
They are both photoshop,

and the date the larger one is from 8/29/2010 and the smaller image with the disk shaped thing in the sky is dated today...

PS could have been used to crop, so can't say 100% about it....

Curious, one is dated this past august and the other is today's date.... that right there makes the whole situation suspect....
edit on 1-11-2010 by alienreality because: eta

Well, first, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you telling me that there are dates on the photos?

Secondly, I'm open to anything.

These pictures could very well be fake, but they weren't faked by me.

I could be the victim of some cruel prank. I don't know what's going on anymore than anyone here, but some suggestions or theories are completely welcome.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What email account did it come from. Alot of of emails like Gmail u can see what IP's logged on to it. Try and find out his password and check it out. But really what kind of email account was it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Possible another dimension perhaps. Certainly crazy but they do some crazy experiments these days and this sounds possibly like one of those. Hope the best for you and that your Uncle is safe wherever that may be.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I am with the previous poster, Lets see a pic of the document you recieved from NASA...

I hate to sound like a skeptic..

but ...

it would add a lot of validity to your claim of having an uncle who died in a "top secret experiment".

Thanks in Advance

~meathead

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

...and there was a letter, allegedly from NASA. It said that my uncle was lost in a top secret experiment. And, yes, they literally used the words "top secret experiment".

The OP seems rather sincere in his/her posts and arguably convincing in some regards, but what I do NOT find too convincing is the alleged letter from NASA to which the OP claims is worded in such a manner as "uncle was lost in a top secret experiment". It seems very suspect that this type of information would be revealed on any such document to the average civilian regardless if it involved a family member. Highly suspect. Perhaps we should start with attempting to prove this document first before moving onwards to anything else on this one.
edit on 1-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I almost made popcorn.

ALMOST!

We will ever get to the bottom of this scooby doo mystery?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Is it customary for NASA to send letter's to "lost" employee's nephews?

Produce the "NASA Letter" and lets go from there.

No Letter = Hoax...IMHO.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No matter what, welcome and thank you for one of the very best things I've seen here to date. I just love it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

I'm assuming it was to his Uncle's brother/sister, aka his parents. But still, I would love to see the letter. If the OP doesn't have it maybe his grandparents would have a copy? Or other family members?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, I agree that this one is intriguing if true. And the OP does seem a decent hobbit :~) And, I don't wanna be insensitive to your family OP, but in your quest for answers a theory does come to mind.

So, if we presume that the the OP is sincere & truthful, then the "bizarre" & suspicious qualities of the letter, e-mail, and pics would seem suggestive of a hoax, but...a hoax by the Uncle himself to start a new life!

Following this line of thought the new e-mail & pics could be: he wants to come home?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Alright, I guess everyone wants to see the NASA letter. At first i was afraid I wouldn't be able to find, but after searching around for a while, I did.

I had to scratch out some names, because it is sort of personal but, here you go.

Originally posted by WakeUpAndC
What email account did it come from. Alot of of emails like Gmail u can see what IP's logged on to it. Try and find out his password and check it out. But really what kind of email account was it.

Well, I don't get the whole "IP" thing. if you could explain it better, that would be great! Any leads are welcomed.

But, yeah, it was a gmail account. I'd rather NOT share the specific account with you. L
edit on 1/11/2010 by Sauron because: replaced image as requested by OP

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Well he had to log into his email account to send it. Most email providers have a way to see what the last 10 IP's where. IP is the computer address in short. So if you get the IP that he used to login then through it into Wolf Ram Alpha you can find the address to it. Any other questions just let me know.

Find out his password and login. At the bottom of the gmail page click details by avticity and BAM u get his IP. If you need help let us know..
edit on 1-11-2010 by WakeUpAndC because: Just saw u said its Gmail.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
From the pictures I'm inclined to believe "Moon". Or possibly "moon base".

But since your uncle seems to be running from, or at least not friendly with anymore, the people who would be able to get him there, I am left wondering how he emailed you from another planet? And also how he happened to have a camera? Black and white picture? I don't know, this is odd in many ways.

Also, you didn't do a very good job of scratching out your uncle's name. Might want to re upload that...
edit on 1-11-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Well, I don't get the whole "IP" thing. if you could explain it better, that would be great! Any leads are welcomed.

But, yeah, it was a gmail account. I'd rather NOT share the specific account with you. L

And there is the letter to my surprise. This thread has become quite a bit more interesting now.

Very interesting..
edit on 1/11/2010 by Sauron because: replaced quote with Reply To Tab

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join