It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The veil isn't necessarily thinnest on Halloween.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Halloween is traditionally celebrated on October 31, as we all know. For the more paranormal people, it is considered one of the better nights to go ghost hunting because the veil is the thinnest between this world and"the other side". Halloween, in the religious sense for pagans, is a time to remember ancestors and honor them and others who have passed on, because the veil is thin.
There are some misconceptions about this.
The first is, the veil isn't thin on just one night. It is an astrological process. The veil is thinning, and not the thinnest on Halloween night. All the ghost hunting shows who run around on halloween night are not wrong, but it is not limited to just one night.
The day the veil IS the thinnest, actually changes year to year based on scorpio, which is the sign closest to the underworld and death. This is information that is not easily found, even for pagans.
This year is November 8.
So if you want to have a ghost hunting experience, you are not limited to the evening of October 31. You have time.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Indeed. We, Latvians, do not have 1 day "Halloween" as others. Instead we have a thing called "Veļu laiks" (The time of souls)... it starts in September 29 in "Miķeļi" (Day of Michael) and it ends in November 10 in "Mārtinji" (The day of Martin). It is a time of peace. A quiet time. It is time when souls of those who passed walk the earth once more and visit their relatives, their dear ones. Our ancestors even made a rich feast in granary for the dead souls. They put various foods on a table for a night. But no one went to eat there. It was like a sacrifice for the dead. They did it to pay respects. It is believed if you went to granary and listened through the door you could hear the dead ones speaking.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's Forty Days from the Autumn Equinox to Halloween and All Saint's Day:

The Mysteries of Halloween

The ancient Egyptians celebrated an Autumnal Festival dedicated to the mother goddess Hathor, the Divine Cow. It was a forty-day festival that celebrated the union of Hathor and Horus, an Egyptian Christ. The child of this union, Harsomtus, was born in the forty days of celebration.

*Note: "Horus" = Heru "Hathor" = Hetheru*

Halloween (All Hallow’s Even or “the holy evening”) is celebrated October the 31st, forty days after the Autumnal Equinox on September 21st....

...The Day of The Dead or All Saints Day is celebrated on November 1st. It is an esoteric festivity for the triumphant dead; a celebration for those who have succeeded in dying in themselves, who have achieved the triumphant emergence from their Averno after their Halloween (holy evening).

The American tradition of Halloween is understood to be a direct descendant of the Celtic tradition in the United Kingdom.

According to this tradition November 1 marked the beginning of the New Year and the coming of winter.

The festival of Samhain (“summer’s end”) was celebrated the night before the New Year, presided over by the Lord of the Dead (Welsh = Arawn, Irish = Donn). The Celts traditionally recognized a twofold division of the year, summer running from Beltane (“fire of Bel” = Belenus, Celtic Christ), the Vernal Equinox to Samhain, (the Autumnal Equinox), and winter running from Samhain to Beltane. During this festival, Celts believed the souls of the dead returned to mingle with the living and food was left on the doors for them. In order to scare away the evil spirits, people would wear masks and light bonfires. Large wickerwork figures were also constructed and burnt in mock sacrifice. It is said in the exoteric tradition that the wickerwork figures represented a vegetation spirit. The symbol of the figure with the appearance (empty shell = Klipoth) of a man can be readily recognized esoterically as the aspect of an initiate that must die (within the Alchemical Fires / Forge of Vulcan) in order for the real man to be born (explained below).

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The day the veil IS the thinnest, actually changes year to year based on scorpio, which is the sign closest to the underworld and death. This is information that is not easily found, even for pagans.
This year is November 8.

Could you share with us how this information was arrived at?

It's interesting that it is said that the veil is thinnest on the first day after the week of All Saint's Day.

edit on 31-10-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Interesting! Nov. 8th, huh? It's something I want to do, I just can't quite muster the courage or the time.
But I'm going to think about it. I know a good place.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Very interesting. Didn't know Egyptians had 40 day festival. As I said earlier Latvians had 43 day that's +/- the same. Sep 29 - Nov 10.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Haha - you just need to look for an old house with granary, near cemetery. Then you make a feast for the dead. Though it would be good if you had some relatives of the deceased as they might not find you interesting and not come. Then you hide and wait for them to come. It is said that you can get very good advice by doing that. But it's just ancient Latvian myth.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Could you share with us how this information was arrived at?

It's interesting that it is said that the veil is thinnest on the first day after the week of All Saint's Day.

It is not the thinnest on all saints day, which is Nov. 1, I said it was Nov. 8.

Just like a lot of other pagan holidays, All Saints day was designated right around the pagan holiday.

As the sun reaches 15 degrees of Scorpio, it's astrological Samhain/Halloween - the beginning of the Celtic new year. The Celts divided their year into two halves, and Samhain translates as 'summer's end'. The astrological date changes slightly year to year to fit with the solar movement, but it's always around the beginning of November, and marks the noticeable shift in the Northern Hemisphere into colder days and longer nights

silverwheelastrology.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Awesome news, S@F for you and for the possibility of doing something unusual on November 8th. I know of a great haunted place and if I can get it together will do something on video.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Now this is something that I never knew. I guess it's time to dig out the night vision camera and go huntin for ghosties..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb2e642d018f.gif[/atsimg]

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Interesting! Nov. 8th, huh? It's something I want to do, I just can't quite muster the courage or the time.
But I'm going to think about it. I know a good place.

Well the time I can't help you with, but don't worry about the courage. You still have 8 days to get ready.

Just bring along a flashlight, a shovel, and some biscuits and you will be fine.

Shine the flashlight on the ghosts so you get a good view, and smack them with the shovel.

(the biscuits are for me..)LOL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb2e642d018f.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d8c87fd703f.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 10/31/2010 by tribewilder because: i wanted to add the ghost graveyard in order to prepare for what you might see on your trip..

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by nixie_nox

It is not the thinnest on all saints day, which is Nov. 1, I said it was Nov. 8.

Well, if you read carefully what I wrote, I actually said:

Originally posted by Tamahu

The week of All Saint's Day/Celtic New Year = November 1st - November 7th

The first day after the week of Celtic New Year/All Saints Day = November 8th

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What about whats been termed as "dead time" which is 3am? What is your opinion on this time each night?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I found this:

The Paranormal Society: 3am - Dead Time

Which is interesting, considering this:

The Master Sivananda explains that nocturnal discharges usually occur around two to four in the morning.

This is the time when Venus is most active
, and so there can be certain but natural stimulation of the sexual force within the psyche (as well as the Vital Sheath recharging the physical body). The fact that our sexual system is disorganized becomes a heightened problem during the hours of Venus, since we do not have control over our sexual energies and there is extra stimulus through the revitalized astral atmosphere.

This becomes a ripe opportunity for Black Magicians to take advantage of the student. The Master Samael explains that during the hours of Venus, many Black Magicians perform occult works, since they are utilizing the shadow or negative forces of Venus-Lucifer (Lilith and Nahemah). This is why Sivananda said that to overcome nocturnal discharges, a single student should practice intense Pranayamas while waking at this time. This is in order to keep the sexual force flowing centripetally, rather than centrifugally.

And:

During the hour of Venus, the astral atmosphere is filled with a pink light of ineffable beauty.

A Guru once told me the following:

“My son, this is a very dangerous hour for astral projection, because all the world is filled with a pink light...”

This Master was right. If it is true that in the hour of Venus the positive ray from this star is filling everything with light, music and love, it is also true and very real that the negative ray from Lucifer-Venus, that is the ray of the Black Magician Lucifer and of all of the Lucifers and tenebrous Initiates from the copper cauldron, is also active.

Yet, if the disciple lives a pure and chaste life, then he will have nothing to fear of the Magicians from darkness.

*Note: Lucifer is not inherently negative, as Lucifer is said to be the root of the Cosmic Christ, and also the root of Satan. Distinguish between the ray of Venus related to Christus-Lucifer, and the ray of Venus related to Satan-Lucifer.*

edit on 1-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Funny you should talk about this now.....

I just had a conversation that touched on this particular "superstition".

Anyway, it's an old concept.
Here's a part of something a friend of mine wrote in her blog a year ago, after a funny personal experience:

November 8th, a dies religiosus, was (along with August 24th and October 5th) one of the three days of the year when the mundus (literally, the world), or "navel of the world", the gate that connects this world with the Underworld, was wide open - a day when the departed ones (some more dearly than others) were liable to come back and wreak havoc on the world they had left behind.** In other words, a day with a potential for all hell to break loose. But here's the really funny thing: remarkably often, "hell" did break loose on November 8th, give or take a day - at least on the level of visible history.

And here is an excerpt from a book (quoted in that blog entry):

** "The twenty-fourth of August, the fifth of October and the eighth of November were termed dies religiosi. On these days the spirits of the dead (manes) were believed to issue forth into the upper world through the mundus--the name given to a trench or entrance to a vault in the city of Romulus which was believed to be the gate of hell. On these days, again, no public business might be undertaken, no battle fought, no army conscripted. This taboo is ascribable to the taboo on death and corpses." (E. E. Burris, Taboo, magic, spirits: a study of primitive elements in Roman religion, 1931.)

I have noticed certain date-related patterns in my own life.
But I am not sure what caused them, or if it's only a matter of perception.
Still it is interesting.

edit on 1-11-2010 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

That is really freaky. Now I'm not saying this is connected in any way... but my TV has been turning on by itself between 2am and 4am every night for about a year now. I just thought it was weird because of the time it happens each night and when I had heard of the dead time being 3am I thought it was freaky. lol

I also keep waking up at around 3am ish every night but its probably because I've been conditioned to wake up since the TV keeps turning on, kind of like an alarm clock. & no the timer isn't set for the TV to turn on... I already checked more than once. I think the TV has just gone wacko. Oh well not to get off the topic...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh... damn... this is cool.
So. Yesterday we went to choir and we come back home and the light is on in attic. Why? I don't know. No one of us turned it on and grandma can't get to attic because she's old.
So then I'm sitting at my pc - watching a movie. And I hear footsteps in attic. (Everyone's asleep in my house - except me). So at first I think - phew must be some random noises. Who knows. And then again - footsteps. But few footsteps. Like a person would be standing for 10 minutes. Then 3 - 4 steps - again no sound and some more footstep sounds. So in addition - all my doors are sealed shut in night time. No animals can get there - well except maybe mouses and rats - but they don't make such sounds. Also I live in countryside - so its extremely rare that someone goes near my house - except fishermen because I live near river. And it's as cold in attic as outside so I doubt anyone would go there to sleep or anything. Well. I have heard footsteps before. I live in an old house. That used to be stable of an German nobleman Estate... It is more than hundred years old. Could be even 200 or more who knows. I should search from information about when was it built in some archives.

To add I live near cemetery it's pretty ancient - people have been buried there for about 2000 years. I guess no wonder that I can hear footstep sounds from attic. Maybe I should go up tonight if I hear noises and look? What do you think?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Interesting that Obama and the top dogs will be out of the country during this thinest time. As a person with a vivid imagination it could be something very dark indeed for us left behind...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

Set up cameras and or voice recordings. be sure and wrap much loving light of protection around you and your loved ones at all times.

It would be great to hear more from you on this subject sounds like a great place to discover many mysteries.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
I also keep waking up at around 3am ish every night but its probably because I've been conditioned to wake up

3 A.M. Wake Up Call

Notice that November 8, 2010, is a Kabbalistic and Astrological Wednesday.

Note:

# - Present - Authentic - Planet
1. - Sunday - Monday - Moon
2. - Monday - Wednesday - Mercury
3. - Tuesday - Friday - Venus
4. - Wednesday - Sunday - Sun
5. - Thursday - Tuesday - Mars
6. - Friday - Thursday - Jupiter
7. - Saturday - Saturday - Saturn

edit on 5-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited quote

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Well somthing wierd happened to me and currently is which is AMAZING!!! Im very sensitive and can or feel what is going on... Im having a visitation of a invisible being, my cat just randomly hissed and tryed to leave and i heald on to him... long story short... I finally let him go he ran out of my room It happened around 4:50 in the morning, and after wards i felt and am still feeling my stomach unusually warm, then i was apparently vibrating, which i thought and now its happening again...

As you can tell i uber sensitive to lower vibes, and as a very little child i had open heart surgery, which i thought i was dead.(Floating to the ceiling when you had it a 17 mo old...scary, but somehow i new what teeth were ...)

Also it almost sounded like a warewolf outside, and then you hear dogs barking.... then i heard a very small cat meowing, which was my mums cat, both of which are connected. The dead hour was 4:50-5:10.

It is 2 days until 08NOV10 and i think im smelling my mothers purfume... i post more if more comes up....

The hour of When The Veil is the Thinnist is near, idk but i just can feel it, i previously meditated,and am currently just keeping awake.

new topics

top topics

join