It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And a new earth. (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hey ATS, my friend sent me this video.

hitrecord.org...

Great video for all to watch. Sorry if in the wrong forum, if so could a mod please move.

Peace and Love,

Gandhi

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Cool video. I clicked on the link expecting something kind of lame, and was pleasantly surprised.
It has the same sort of hypnotic quality as a lot of TV, but uses its power for good instead of commercial crud.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
s+f
why dont we have more vids like these? thanks for sharing, sums most of it up nicely were can I get more ?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
These types of things are just masturbation.
Those who already believe what it says eat it up. It's their American Idol.
Those who are not "awake" will both consciously and unconsciously pick up on the extremely negative language patterns and disregard anything these types of videos say.

This type of sarcastic second person narrative (i.e. "You are content with our corporate lullabies") serves to plant the opposite message in people's heads. Words are very powerful. They bring up ideas. When you repeatedly bring up ideas, your subconscious begins accepting them as truth -- no matter the original intention. We are brainwashed to speak and think in terms of negativity and contrast. The people that make these videos have only become aware of one "level" of their brainwashing.

Speaking of what is wrong with the world will never fix it. Only speak of what it should be.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Geez!,what a killjoy..

But I understand your origin of thought.

Repel repelRepel....propelitaway...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

S and F.
Thank you OP for the interesting link.

reply to post by Reddupo

Isn't your entire posts, exactly what you accuse the video as being?

Originally posted by Reddupo
These types of things are just masturbation.

BTW, what is wrong with masturbation? It is a natural act, Male and Females do it and it seems to be a normal function of human activity, BUT it has been frowned upon by doctrine and dogma, particularly from a negative perspective not to mention the negative anecdotes or stereotypes that prevail surrounding a subject that societies have come to feel fear or shame for participating in, yet all most all do.

I guess hanging a negative stereotype onto an act can have great effects.

consciously and unconsciously pick up on the extremely negative language patterns

I guess I see what you mean, from your post.

On one hand though, you speak of the power of words to plant ideas etc, specifically when it supports your view that video's like this will have the reverse effect and "plant the opposite message in people's heads".

Words are very powerful. They bring up ideas. When you repeatedly bring up ideas, your subconscious begins accepting them as truth -- no matter the original intention.

But then you state that words are little more than "images" of what can be with little impact at all.

Speaking of what is wrong with the world will never fix it. Only speak of what it should be.

But as you state earlier, speaking of what is wrong with the word brings up ideas, ideas that your subconscious begins to accept as the truth.

I doubt though, that the maker of the video has any intent to make people do anything.
The video is what it is
The viewer takes what they will from it.

Your view is to debase it with negative stereotypes that, both consciously and subconsciously, people may accept as the truth.
When in actual fact, it is simply a normal function of males and females to communicate ideas, like in the video.

edit on 31/10/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Big Bump!

Thank you for sharing, what a great video this is.

Much Love!
edit on 5/11/12 by soulshn because: =)

new topics

top topics

join